Is real-time multiplayer coming to mobile?

2»

Comments

• Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    I just find it curious that the AI is shocking when using a player team to defend but suddenly gets much smarter when its an overpowered Ares, Juggs team....

I think you're confusing "getting smarter" with "using characters that are idiot-proof."
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zen808 wrote:
    I just find it curious that the AI is shocking when using a player team to defend but suddenly gets much smarter when its an overpowered Ares, Juggs team....

I think you're confusing "getting smarter" with "using characters that are idiot-proof."

Very true I guess.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the issues with a live PVP mobile mode is that what happens when any of the following happen?

1. connection drops out?
    2. PLayers rage quit?
    3. Players remain inactive for extended periods during a match?

These 3 things still plague consoles on a static high speed broadband connection, I cannot imagine this is would get easier with many people relying on mobile data and connection.

1.Player that drops out loses. Could limit the health lost from "retreat" and disconnect to the damage actually taken in the battle. There is a second player connected that world have the data.

2. Same as above. Auto win for other player.

3. Move timers a la Hearthstone. Do nothing for 30 seconds, you lose your turn. Do it a few times in a row, you lose the game.