New 5-Star Reveal - Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    One word:
    NERFED.
    A few words:
    780 points of strike tiles for free.
    Run this guy with Professor X. Go invisible. Profit.
    Even more words:

Cool, but not 8.8k free damage; which do you think it's stronger?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think his best build will be 5/5/5... this will be a tough one.. usually one stands out as the obvious 3 cover.. but nice job on this!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I think his best build will be 5/5/5... this will be a tough one.. usually one stands out as the obvious 3 cover.. but nice job on this!

Seems pretty obvious 5/3/5 to me.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I know NOTHING about this version of Wolverine, so I guess I'll take a look. In the meantime though, I agree with what many players have voiced here. It would've been nice to have a COMPLETELY different character. Wolverine has been my favorite for years, but I'm kind of tired of the alternates routine. There are still PLENTY of big names out there in the Marvel universe, OML could've waited. Oh well, here's to hoping the last 5* is actually someone new.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried finding some of the old threads asking us what characters we wanted, only found 2 in 44 pages...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32221
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31337

And in those I believe Old Man Logan was only mentioned once each... I could have sworn there was a thread out there where people were saying it would be neat to have Old Man Logan... but I can't find it, well, I gave up on page 44.

In going through them again, I did see a lot of Silver Surfer, and the other two that stood out as most mentioned were World War Hulk and Ghost Rider. Lots of neat suggestions in those threads.

I wonder what the results were of the D3 in-game poll of what characters you wanted to see...
  • Malcrof
    Wolverine is the single most represented Marvel Character in the Movies.. think of all the X-Men movies, his standalone movies, including the new one in the works..

This means.. even over Spiderman.. He is the most deserving of iterations at many levels.. we have a 2,3,4, and now 5* Logan..

What we need now, is a 5* Villain.. My vote.. Sabretooth for the next 5*
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The game needs Marvel's most fearsome and famous villain variant: Lady Stilt-Man.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all the 4* characters, none of the 5* characters.

5* Logan will be another near mythical character that I'll likely never have and likely never see in PvP.

I've seen Silver Surfer once in PvP, and he was a pushover at 1 cover.

There have been promises to clean up the excessive use of the Dark Avengers in the events, but it hasn't been done. Still Venom, Moonstone, Juggernaut, Bullseye, Daken, Ares ... ad infinitum.

They have 85 characters to choose from, but it's still those guys in most events.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Wolverine is the single most represented Marvel Character in the Movies.. think of all the X-Men movies, his standalone movies, including the new one in the works..

This means.. even over Spiderman.. He is the most deserving of iterations at many levels.. we have a 2,3,4, and now 5* Logan..

*ahem*

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=111109

And by your fuzzy movie logic we should have 6 different versions of Stan Lee in this game.

'nuff said.

*mic dropped*
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again. The game needs Marvel's most fearsome and famous villain variant: Lady Stilt-Man.
    I thought you were going to pull she man-thing.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    These flashy new 5* characters are sort of like luxury cars, but with a caveat.

For $75,000, I can get a Tesla Model S.
    For the same amount, I *might* be able to get Old Man Logan and Silver Surfer covers, maybe.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:

*ahem*

And by your fuzzy movie logic we should have 6 different versions of Stan Lee in this game.

'nuff said.

*mic dropped*

MOD FIGHT! kidding.. i said nothing about profitable.. i was speaking only about representation.. As for Stan.. 100% Agreed, he needs to be in the game.. as a random Excelsior team up you can earn very rarely and completely at random like a boost... he needs his cameo!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

This means.. even over Spiderman.. He is the most deserving of iterations at many levels.. we have a 2,3,4, and now 5* Logan...

*ahem*

All the more reason to create a 5* Spidey! The 5* tier is ready for a purely defensive character like Spidey, with his well-known and totally canonical healing abilities.
  • Malcrof wrote:

Not sure it's that obvious. If you manage to fire off his Black with 12 Yellow AP and his abilities switch over... you're going to have that Yellow AOE damage just waiting there, ready to be fired off twice... just asking to completely wipe out the other team. I'm thinking a x/5/x isn't a terrible idea...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

*ahem*

'nuff said.

*mic dropped*

MOD FIGHT! kidding.. i said nothing about profitable.. i was speaking only about representation.. As for Stan.. 100% Agreed, he needs to be in the game.. as a random Excelsior team up you can earn very rarely and completely at random like a boost... he needs his cameo!

Even representation wise, you're more likely to bump into a spiderman cartoon, or spiderman mentioned casually, or spiderman toys, so technically he has more reputation, even worse, 5 stars should never be incentive to join the game characters. They aren't something a new player can hope to lay for a year or two without some HEAVY investments.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    fnedude wrote:
    Please developers, don't go down the Gamergate dark-side path of heeling to the SJW crowd.

Just follow the popular characters from Marvel and what they add to the game, verses finding acceptance of the SJWs (because once they have a toe in the door, you can never give up).

There is a huge pool of heroes (and villains!) out there, and I support not choosing one because of their orientation.

Thank You

You know whats worse then people who are militant social justice people?

People who refer to all acts of any social progression or inclusion as an internet trend or something that needs to be stopped. But no one made this about that, so please don't do it either.

Interesting, are there plans to make a 1 star wolverine too? Wolverine and iron man could be the every tier guys I guess.

I am no miltant; I play the game, and not to promote any cause or agenda. I threaten nothing more serious than the cessation of my own funds.

That said, I would like more diverse characters. And believe me, I more closely resemble the stereotype of comic nerd than a lot of people.
    Don't worry, I'm technically on your side, just speaking from a neutral position.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    fnedude wrote:
    Please developers, don't go down the Gamergate dark-side path of heeling to the SJW crowd.

Just follow the popular characters from Marvel and what they add to the game, verses finding acceptance of the SJWs (because once they have a toe in the door, you can never give up).

There is a huge pool of heroes (and villains!) out there, and I support not choosing one because of their orientation.

Thank You

*sigh*

There's always that one person that brings up sjw/gamergate in an unassuming topic.

Congrats, you get a cookie.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    warpedlord wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Not sure it's that obvious. If you manage to fire off his Black with 12 Yellow AP and his abilities switch over... you're going to have that Yellow AOE damage just waiting there, ready to be fired off twice... just asking to completely wipe out the other team. I'm thinking a x/5/x isn't a terrible idea...

Only just now did I see his yellow is AoE damage. The word team appears so damn often in the description it didn't register.

That does change it a bit, yes.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, it's hard enough to get 5* covers that they seem to be making it less awful if you don't get the exact build you're looking for. 13 non-overlapping covers is pretty darn good in any case for both OML and SS.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    think i seen one tonight with 6 covers and another with 8, and they said this wasnt a pay to win game lol