Anniversary Bonus Sale Begins Today!

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for wasting close to 2 years of this f2p player's life. Now that I don't actually need anything, I'll put down a stark when the actual anniversary events start. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Time to Free Willy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_e_confused.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    How much are anniversary token packs going to cost?
  • Malcrof wrote:

I wonder if they will do an 80 item vault instead of token packs?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:

They already confirmed no vault on these. This way you can get all 13 Dino covers!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?

(The return of Devil Dino is the main reason I'm iffy about buying tokens beyond the likely 50 HP daily deal, I only need three more to finish him and judging from last year I'm likely to get that and more just by playing normally.)
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

They already confirmed no vault on these. This way you can get all 13 Dino covers!

Oh sweet, I've been too busy with Diablo to keep up lately
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Malcrof wrote:
    50 Daily Deal, 500 1x, 5000 10x, 20000 40x (with Legendary Token)
  • Malcrof
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Good enough... wanted to snag a cover for a 4*, but also wanted to make sure i had enough for a 40 pack! The sale is great!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Thanks, Ice! I hadn't considered that the Anniversary 40-packs would have an LT in them.

I forget -- what were the draw-rates for Devil Dinosaur last year in the single tokens? And did they increase in the 10 packs and 40 packs? (And, what to, specifically?)
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Super Pricey tokens and packs outside of the dailies
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

At $100 (non-sale pricing) for a 40-pack and well over $20 for a ten-pack, I hope they have reeeaaaaaally good odds, and not just for Devil Dino.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I'm actually glad to see that - I have no temptation to buy at those prices. i'll do the 7 (or whatever) dailies and be happy. of course if the 4* pull rate is crazy high, I may still be tempted lol.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I'm really surprised to see them so much more expensive than they usually are. The odds would have to be absolutely out of this world to make those a good deal. Strange.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    mjh wrote:
    Why won't you have +50%?

You only did it once for Valentine's Day and it was epic. Everyone loved it. Why won't you run it again?

Why won't you comment on this?

Sure it sounds ungrateful that there is a sale but it's not enough but seriously, it's really not. Let's look at it realistically.

at the $20US package, you get an extra 870 imcoin.png (3,770 total) what can that bonus seriously do? It can't even buy a roster slot let alone a 4* cover and that is all that matters now.

That pushes people to look at the $50US package for an extra 2,550 imcoin.png (11,050 total). So unless you are willing to pony up that much money you can't accelerate your roster. And even at that amount you can't get your 1/0/1 4* character up anywhere near useable....for $50!

Now let's look at the proposed sale which hasn't been offered in over a year and a half.

$20 - 2,900 + 50% (1,495) = 4,485

Hmm, on second thought, that's not enough either. For $20 I get <2 4* covers. You should be able to get way more than that.

Let's look at a 100% bonus sale.
    $20 - 2,900 + 100% (2,900) = 5,800 which buys 2 4* covers and 800 left over.

Wow, after all this the purchase power of imcoin.png is extremely useless. We need to start there.

I'm supposed to say thank you for the sale but no, what am I thanking you guys for?
  • Remember:

When it comes out, the console version will let you get your Xforce Wovlerine or 4or fully covered and fully leveled for much less work, with no limits on roster slots, for the $15

Or you can buy two or three roster slots for more then that. On sale.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The pricing and value proposition needs some serious looking over for sure.

I think they'd be better off doing it sooner then later and just retroactively giving people back hero points from the higher priced roster slots after a certain point.

It is kinda crazy that people with 1000 HP slots can get 3 slots with 20 bucks.

Like the fact that because iso has been priced ridiculously, especially compared to how we level, theres only one thing to purchase and even that's value is skewed harshly.
    4 stars are no longer a win button.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_eek.gif 500 HP? Do they not include 2*s? Because I would be super pissed if I dropped 1000 HP and walked away with a Moonstone and Hawkeye. I mean, the full price of buying a 2* of your choice is 500.

I'm with TxMoose. Thank you for removing any temptation for me to put any money into the sale.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    The pricing and value proposition needs some serious looking over for sure.

I think they'd be better off doing it sooner then later and just retroactively giving people back hero points from the higher priced roster slots after a certain point.

It is kinda crazy that people with 1000 HP slots can get 3 slots with 20 bucks.

Like the fact that because iso has been priced ridiculously, especially compared to how we level, theres only one thing to purchase and even that's value is skewed harshly.
    4 stars are no longer a win button.

once you get up to 1000 per slot , if all you buy is slots you dont have to worry about BUYING HP. You be making more Hp then it cost for slots. When im playing im turning at least 3,000 HP per month
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    :shock: 500 HP? Do they not include 2*s? Because I would be super pissed if I dropped 1000 HP and walked away with a Moonstone and Hawkeye. I mean, the full price of buying a 2* of your choice is 500.

I believe 1000 HP for a pair of Moonstones translates as "not a jury in the world would vote to convict."