Anniversary Bonus Sale Begins Today!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
10_3_15_Anniversary_Sale.jpg

Calling all Marvel Puzzle Quest players!

In honor of MPQ’s 2-year anniversary we’re having a mighty sale! From October 5th through October 11th 2015 players will receive a 30% bonus on all purchases of Hero Points and Iso-8. Now is the time to pick up those Stark Salaries and Mother Lodes you’ve had your eye on.

Thanks for playing and enjoy the anniversary celebrations!

*Sale begins at approximately 3 PM PST, October 5, 2015. Sale ends October 11 2015, 11:59 PM PST.

Comments

• The only time I spent for real was during a sale like this, got an asgard treasure (8k->11k). I still have about half of it.

I say it's worth it.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    would of loved to see a sale on slots

I mean you want someone to spend 50 bucks to get 4 4 star covers while someone with a good roaster could get the same for free in a week.

for just 100 bucks you can buy 10 4 star covers... Maybe if it was for 20 yes but just seems over priced as how 4 stars can be gotten more easy today.

its a nice thing for newbies and thanks for the sale, but still like to see a slot sale one day
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    would of loved to see a sale on slots, i mean after a while there is really no point in buying HP.

How is a sale on HP, which is used to buy slots, not the same as a sale on slots?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    FINALLY!!!!!

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • slidecage
    edited October 2015
    udonomefoo wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    would of loved to see a sale on slots, i mean after a while there is really no point in buying HP.

How is a sale on HP, which is used to buy slots, not the same as a sale on slots?

when your paying 1000 for a slot even at 30% not really worth adding another 1 star to your group icon_e_smile.gif

like i said thanks for the sale

loved to see a 50% off Cover sale. Sitting on 20k waiting for something to buy
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Well, if you've already got the HP, I guess it'd be nice if they only cost 700 instead of 1000.
  • slidecage wrote:

I mean you want someone to spend 50 bucks to get 4 4 star covers while someone with a good roaster could get the same for free in a week.

for just 100 bucks you can buy 10 4 star covers... Maybe if it was for 20 yes but just seems over priced as how 4 stars can be gotten more easy today.

its a nice thing for newbies and thanks for the sale, but still like to see a slot sale one day

I mean no offense by this, but your post is genuinely confusing and I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Even at normal sale prices, $50 will buy you 8 roster slots with 500 HP left over. $100 will buy you 20 roster slots. (assuming you're at max cost -1000 HP-; if less, it'll get you more slots).

Perhaps what you mean is that you'd like a sale on upgrade costs. Currently 4 x 4 stars will cost you 10,000 HP, which would be over $50. Or 8x upgrades for $100. The reason they're not cheap is to discourage people from just buying in and not playing the game, making the whole thing pay-to-win. OTOH, 4* are much harder to get in the first place, so maybe pricing them down to 3* upgrade costs isn't that unreasonable, for people who want to pay in.

Regardless, you get 30% more HP if you buy during the sale, whatever you spend it on. Whether or not it's worth it to spend on the game is always up for debate, but it's hard to argue that having a sale on HP is anything other than positive.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:

I mean no offense by this, but your post is genuinely confusing and I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

half the time i have no clue what im trying to say icon_e_smile.gif
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

half the time i have no clue what im trying to say icon_e_smile.gif

Then don't say anything. icon_eek.gif
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    I bought HP, I can confirm money was taken from my iTunes account, but it didn't show up in my balance. Anyone else have this issue?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    rawl316 wrote:
    I bought HP, I can confirm money was taken from my iTunes account, but it didn't show up in my balance. Anyone else have this issue?
    It's a pretty darned rare issue to have it flat out never show up, but not unheard of. Usually what happens is that iTunes is just kinda slow at times in crediting stuff (which is kinda rare too, but happens). Put in a CS ticket with a screenshot of your receipt when you get it, assuming the currency hasn't popped up by then.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Just got my Asgard Treasure.....thank you for the bonus!

Have been hopefully looking forward to this sale for a while now....patiently waiting....patiently.... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Well, if you've already got the HP, I guess it'd be nice if they only cost 700 instead of 1000.

I think he's saying there should be a sale on HP AND Roster Slots! Come on, sales all around!
    - Half off Roster Slots
    - BOGO Covers! (Buy1Get1Free)

Make it happen icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Why won't you have +50%?

You only did it once for Valentine's Day and it was epic. Everyone loved it. Why won't you run it again?
  • Finally, thank you guys.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    If I really wanted, I could get a Stark Salary and fully cover my 4* wolverine :O
    Too bad iso is still not worth it even with a 30% boost icon_e_sad.gif
    Unless iso is doubled in the shop too during the actual week.
    Then... maybe
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably drop $10 or so. I need a roster spot for my 4* Thor cover, so when I roster her, most of my existing HP stock goes away.

$5 will give me some to spend on anniversary tokens if they prove to be a good deal, and the other $5 will boost my HP stock back up for roster spots or PVP or whatever.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should consider making this permanent for iso, and even then it still wouldn't be enough.

Thanks for the sale though. I'll consider for sure, I'd likely also purchase the smaller packs more often if these bonuses were instated like every other month or something.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but next time you run a sale, could you round the bonus to the nearest increment of 25? The only thing you can spend HP on that's not in an increment of 25 is to recall a hero who's on patrol, and that's not terribly useful. So instead of 260/780/3770 HP, it would be 250/775/3775.
    Just something to consider.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Google Opinion and a card from work HAD me up to $130 in play credit .. welp, gone now... icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif