New 5* is *later* today (probably)

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey ya'll,

I've been seeing rumors passed around over the weekend about the new 5* coming out today. I was confused where the confirmation on this was, until I found this post:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=33251&start=80#p419438

So as I understand it based on that post, the new 5* will be available later in the day today after the patch is made mandatory for everyone. (If all goes to plan)

Just figured that may be useful info if anyone was thinking about opening legendaries right this second.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I check the pull odds for Legendary tokens. As long as it's only Silver Surfer at the top, I know I need to be patient a little while longer.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to know. I'm still waiting for season 20 to open them, I want Iceman/Cyclops/maybe RedHulk in the pulls too.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm waiting for Iceman to enter the pool on Thursday, but after that I'm binging. I'm not made of stone!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, I suspect there may be some sort of announcement about who the mystery 5* is before tokens are updated, so there is that.
  • I hope we also get to see 4cyke numbers and at least the description of red hulk powers.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    The update is on google play right now, but I don't see any changes in the Legendary packs yet
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Updated on steam, no change in de pull rate
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's the patch update plus a pushed update that should come out later today before we see the new 5*. (I usually get them just after 5 ET.)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pull rates never change with a client update, it's always a server change. Reporting lack of change after a client update is of no value.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Pull rates never change with a client update, it's always a server change. Reporting lack of change after a client update is of no value.

This is true, but a client update is required to add the new 5* character, unless she was added with the last patch. Since the patch is going through today, though, I suspect her introduction will be later this week.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

This is true, but a client update is required to add the new 5* character, unless she was added with the last patch. Since the patch is going through today, though, I suspect her introduction will be later this week.
    Per IceIX, the new character will roll into tokens today, after the R85 client is made mandatory... and a news announcement goes out. Looks like they're doing another press release?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I'm still holding out for Elixir as the character.
    Don't let me down Icey icon_e_sad.gif
  • Good to know. I'm still waiting for season 20 to open them, I want Iceman/Cyclops/maybe RedHulk in the pulls too.

If you're waiting for them to stop releasing 4*s before you use your Legendarys, you're going to have a ton of Legendaries for quite some time, I figure. icon_razz.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just waiting for the second 5* so the odds go up to 10%. I've got too many uncovered 4*s to worry about snagging new ones, but I wouldn't mind the best chance possible of a surfer or the new dude.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be real nice if the new 5* did drop today. I'm sitting on 7 legendary tokens and I'm hoping that one of them might help me in today's XFool v. WXF duel.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Per IceIX, the new character will roll into tokens today, after the R85 client is made mandatory... and a news announcement goes out. Looks like they're doing another press release?

maybe the new star took them all hostage and they press release is going to show us their demands icon_e_smile.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I keep meaning to ask IceIX - even if you can't tell us what will be announced in exclusive announcements (like the upcoming 5*), can you at least tell us WHO gets to make that announcement?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    I keep meaning to ask IceIX - even if you can't tell us what will be announced in exclusive announcements (like the upcoming 5*), can you at least tell us WHO gets to make that announcement?
    Or link us to the announcement as soon as its released so we can read it there instead of stumbling upon it. I'm sure they tell them when they will be releasing the press release. They could even tell us, so-and-so has an exclusive interview that they are set to release on xx/xx/xx keep an eye out for it over there.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    The new 5* is.......

Server Problem Man (Unforseeable Network Errors)

0 points (0) - 8 AP
    Server Problem Man unleashes a torrent of unanswered DNS pings, causing the opponent's client to return no data on points gained from a victory. Also blocks your client from recording points. They're probably recorded on the server, but who knows?

Check Internet Connection - 10 AP
    Server Problem Man flat-out drops your opponent's internet, ending the match by default. You both lose points. Yay?

I Demand Compensation!!!! - 12 AP
    Creates a 1-week-long countdown tile that, when triggered, gives your team 4 black AP. And 20 ISO.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    The new 5* is.......

Server Problem Man (Unforseeable Network Errors)

0 points (0) - 8 AP
    Server Problem Man unleashes a torrent of unanswered DNS pings, causing the opponent's client to return no data on points gained from a victory. Also blocks your client from recording points. They're probably recorded on the server, but who knows?

Check Internet Connection - 10 AP
    Server Problem Man flat-out drops your opponent's internet, ending the match by default. You both lose points. Yay?

I Demand Compensation!!!! - 12 AP
    Creates a 1-week-long countdown tile that, when triggered, gives your team 4 black AP. And 20 ISO.
    He should have a passive ability that randomly closes the app and restarts MPQ when you have had 3 match 5's in your favor and you are in threat of winning the match.
This discussion has been closed.