Character targeting and DDQ Question

2»

Comments

• so if you match a purple set with a trap tile, nothing happens. It only increases his damage when he uses his purple skill? oh wow, they should clarify that much better in game, because 'trap tile' sounded like something i should stay away from.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Frasaria wrote:
    so if you match a purple set with a trap tile, nothing happens. It only increases his damage when he uses his purple skill? oh wow, they should clarify that much better in game, because 'trap tile' sounded like something i should stay away from.
    No, quite the opposite. It lowers the damage when he fires purple. He needs to try and keep his traps on the board until he has enough ap. Match them away as often as you can to reduce the damage caused.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wooodd wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:
    so if you match a purple set with a trap tile, nothing happens. It only increases his damage when he uses his purple skill? oh wow, they should clarify that much better in game, because 'trap tile' sounded like something i should stay away from.
    No, quite the opposite. It lowers the damage when he fires purple. He needs to try and keep his traps on the board until he has enough ap. Match them away as often as you can to reduce the damage caused.

That's what makes OBW good against purple users, especially Doom since without the tiles on the board that power is useless, at best it will do less than 800 with no traps on board.
  • If the trap tiles are bothering you, might be an idea to use your boosted Mohawk Storm's black power. This has a fairly good chance of overwriting Doom's trap tiles.

You're probably unlikely to use her on any other nodes except for the essential so it could also save you some healthpacks for your main team.

As others said take Hood out first, he's pretty quick to kill and he's the most serious inconvenience out of that batch. Doom takes a while to get going so with a good board, a little luck and some skill you might be able to take out Hood and Doom before Doom gets any powers in.