is anyone gettin sick of buffed characters?

2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or give incentive for not only having but actually -using- a diverse roster. I advocated quite a bit a year ago to have something like ISO (or event points) go up each time you use a different roster. Wouldn't it be cool to see what different rosters you saw if it went like this:

First battle: no boosts.
    Second battle: 10% boosted if not used in last 10 battles.
    Third battle: 20% boosted if not used in last 10 battles.
    Tenth battle: 100% boosted characters if not used in last 10 battles.

Then you wouldn't want to use the same team over and over. You'd use diverse teams, you'd see diverse teams.

This promotes fun! But the newest characters wouldn't have their automatic huge boosts, so it doesn't promote whaling = winning, so it won't get done.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    That proposal would encourage degenerate behavior to maximize the bonus.

I like character boosts overall, but hate weeks when an already-top-tier character is boosted.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see featured PvP's go away in favor of color combo PvP's. Example instead of Human Torch PvP, it would be R/B/G featured PvP where you must use at least 1 character who is red/green/black and they get the huge buff. So in that case Carnage, Human Torch, Hulk, Punisher, and Gamora all receive the feature buff. You can then still have the weekly group, but this would create more variety and faster turn arounds for tournaments, instead of Human Torch only being featured once every 40 PvP's it would be once every 20 Pvp's.
  • In a perfect world, we would aim for a better balance between characters. But it is a lot of work and it is always opened to debates.

However, I'd rather have a less in your face system. Maybe instead of more levels, buffed character could have a 15-25% life regained after each battle. Or maybe you could earn more points for each buffed character in your roster...

In short, something that wouldn't drastically change the match, but would give an incentive to use the characters.
  • I like it when it works in my favor, not against. icon_lol.gif
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    not sure but my play through i only had to see sex+goddess at the high end of the spectrum which was my cue to wrap up and shield. we are only seeing the new meta out of the gate is that they changed it to be that way, before you needed to eat through all the 2* and 3* before seeing the 4*s consistently and there was a ton of diversity until you got to the top, so i see boosted characters as loss of diversity because it was coupled with this change.
  • I do. Buffy Blade icon_e_wink.gif and Captain Marvel... Arrrgghhh

I love Captain Marvel and like to use her, but fighting against her is horrible, if she's buffed. icon_eek.gif

Random buff could be nice.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    That proposal would encourage degenerate behavior to maximize the bonus.

Unfortunately that's human nature when facing any rule, be it in a game or dealing with the laws of a nation. There's already plenty of behavior right now gaming the game itself (hoarding, PVE soft cap, undercovering, alliance between alliances, PVP climbing within an alliance, enforcing, etc...). The secret nature of most of the rules adding an extra slice of weird.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    as a 2-3 transitioner I like weekly buffs except when its not my characters....or Ms Marvel then it can go suck a dead toe
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Personally I think they should buff the characters even more. Either that or nerf hb, and Jean grey big time. Seeing every other person running those two should be a sign that either the buffs aren't big enough or they're over powered. At least with the weekly buffs you see different teams every week.