Guesses on who 4pool's opponent will be?

I swear I thought 4thor would be next on the 4* DDQ. Unfortunately, it is a recent 4*.

I have him 3/0/1 and am curious as to which pairings would be fair, fun, and relevant.

My guess, though biggest fear: 3* deadpool

icon_deadpool.png vs icon_deadpool.png

Comments

• It will probably be Deadpool vs. Deadpool but at least that means you just need to deny the same colors that you look to match.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_deadpool.png vs icon_deadpool.png with a icon_deadpool.pngtutile.png
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh, you beat me to the punch.

But here's the survey I just put together.

And here are the results.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Patch.

icon_wolverine.png
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Squirrel Girl!
    Or She-Hulk, for a fourth-wall showdown!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I figured it would be 2* Wolverine. for story's sake. But yeah, Deadpool makes the most sense now I think of it =)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if its deadpool (and that makes a ton of sense), no chance unless you have plenty of red covers and leveled decently. 6 red and some match damage and you're done unless you can heal some, and that is expensive to boot.
  • I figured it would be 2* Wolverine. for story's sake. But yeah, Deadpool makes the most sense now I think of it =)

Oh, imagine the pain of your Level 150 Deadpool trying to do attacks to slow down Wolvie and slowly wittle down his health

When the tiles drop, and he matches yellow.

Undoing the last two Out of Bullets you shot out.

That'll be fun.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    evil panda wrote:
    Patch.

icon_wolverine.png

This would my guess. They said it would be the most interesting challenge yet. His tiles and regen qualify I'd think.

Matching away his tiles and leaving ones for yourself are very puzzle questy. I hope this happens, even if I don't have xfdp myself icon_e_sad.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    ...and 3pool gets super whales.... icon_e_smile.gif
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Also doesn't help that XDP's black is completely useless without having someone else take damage.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Deadpool's nemesis, Bagman.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    TazFTW wrote:
    Deadpool's nemesis, Bagman.
    Much like Hulkbuster fighting Hulk, I think Deadpool fighting anybody but himself would be a letdown for me. icon_e_sad.gif That being said, I would probably let them get away with fighting Bag-Man given the in-game history. icon_lol.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Clearly his enemy will be another 4Pool. Only he gets a Surgical Strike team-up.
  • woopie wrote:
    Also doesn't help that XDP's black is completely useless without having someone else take damage.

Unleeeeeeeeeess they give you a Level 15 Bagman to team up with!

Useless on his own, but tanks one color hopefully so you can make him take an ability hit to activate X-Enforcer, hopefully!
  • thisone wrote:
    evil panda wrote:
    Patch.

icon_wolverine.png

This would my guess. They said it would be the most interesting challenge yet. His tiles and regen qualify I'd think.

Matching away his tiles and leaving ones for yourself are very puzzle questy. I hope this happens, even if I don't have xfdp myself icon_e_sad.gif

I think patch would be hella easy. Let him get his green, then use XDP's purple to cover all of his green tiles (or at least 6). Then, assuming you haven't matched away all of the purple, he will give you a bunch of purple strike tiles while he gets little to none of his own. But, it at least offers some 'puzzle' aspect to it other than collect red AP, smack faces.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:
    evil panda wrote:
    Patch.

icon_wolverine.png

The interesting challenge comes next, which I fully expect to be PX vs Patch.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    barrok wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    evil panda wrote:
    Patch.

icon_wolverine.png

I think patch would be hella easy. Let him get his green, then use XDP's purple to cover all of his green tiles (or at least 6). Then, assuming you haven't matched away all of the purple, he will give you a bunch of purple strike tiles while he gets little to none of his own. But, it at least offers some 'puzzle' aspect to it other than collect red AP, smack faces.

That's kinda what I was thinking.
    I figured if it wasn't Deadpool he fights, it would likely be Wolverine. XForce wouldn't make much story sense, Patch would be kinda easy with the right board...only Wolverine Classic would offer a challenge after that.
    I mean you could time Countdown for What for when XForce gets Surgical Strike and end up wiping him out that way.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they wanted another Xforce battle they could also run DP against Psylock. 6 black would wipe out my little Deadpool.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I think his foe will be 166 DPs, but three of them.

Hoping I am wrong ^^'