Anniversary News

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda hope Galactus event is not exactly like Ultron.
    I've got bad news for you about the Galactus Sentry and Galactus Flyer enemy characters...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol at all the people hitting one year recently and posting threads about how worthless devil dino is and how they are selling the covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Kinda hope Galactus event is not exactly like Ultron.
    I've got bad news for you about the Galactus Sentry and Galactus Flyer enemy characters...

Ahem.. Herald Sentry and Herald Flyers..
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Red Hulk is the next five that has been teased, do the power sets work that he starts as General Ross, then Rulk's out for the ALT powers?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    If Red Hulk is the next five that has been teased, do the power sets work that he starts as General Ross, then Rulk's out for the ALT powers?
    It doesn't really make sense for Ross to have any powers (except maybe shouting at you and calling in an airstrike) before converting, so I doubt it. I don't think we've seen a power teaser for Ross yet.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    pheregas wrote:
    It doesn't really make sense for Ross to have any powers (except maybe shouting at you and calling in an airstrike) before converting, so I doubt it. I don't think we've seen a power teaser for Ross yet.

Just speculating... Wasn't sure if we'd see General Ross moving the military around, but then going solo and smashing everything after turning into the Red Hulk.

But you do have a point that I doubt General Ross, even with the full US military behind him, would qualify as a 5*.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Lol at all the people hitting one year recently and posting threads about how worthless devil dino is and how they are selling the covers.

Not me buddy. Sold those 1yr covers about 5 months ago. My 111 would be the exact equivalent of the loaner in the upcoming Dino PVP. No point in carrying it. Wouldn't save it afterwards anyway....even if showered with covers during the anniversary.

Sorry, Dino!

DevilDinosaur4.jpg

Well my 1/1/5 will wreck havoc! I knew there was a reason why I saved him icon_lol.gif
  • udonomefoo wrote:

Why? Are they updating him to make him more useful?

DBC
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    Just speculating... Wasn't sure if we'd see General Ross moving the military around, but then going solo and smashing everything after turning into the Red Hulk.

But you do have a point that I doubt General Ross, even with the full US military behind him, would qualify as a 5*.

I hope Rulk is just another 4* as it should be an incarnation of the proper Hulk that gets to be a 5* if any of them should, now obviously MPQ has too many examples of comic power or fame not matching up to ingame rating, but it would be nice if they tried to do it when possible.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    So, looks like Galactus has 2 passives and a 30 cost blackflag.png active. Who's betting that one will instantly down your entire team? I sure am.

To make it more tense, they should also make him immune to drains, assuming that his passives do not feed him black in some way.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    As an extra bonus, EVERYONE will receive a special in-game token

Looks like we're only getting one bonus token.
  • As an extra bonus, EVERYONE will receive a special in-game token

Hopefully it comes with one bonus roster slot... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    As an extra bonus, EVERYONE will receive a special in-game token

Receives Token:
    token_event.png ... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Open Token:
    ........... icon_eek.gif

Reveals:
    icon_ares.png ... icon_mad.gif

Game Over:
    icon_maggia.png ... icon_e_surprised.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Ummmm.... I totally had a Galan in this game in another universe, which somehow disappeared on me. If I submit a ticket to Customer Service, can I get a Galactus as a replacement?

I totally didn't make this up.

kthx!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    I just worked out when I'd hit day 730. I'm currently on day 617, so that's 113 days from now. 12 weeks and a day. That happens to land on the 25th December 2015.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So now the real question... Anniversary Vault, or draw tokens?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Linkster79 wrote:
    David Hi-Fi Moore is community liason, IceIX is as far as I know a designer.

My only guess is that some sort of exclusivity deal is in place for various places to get news first.
    Producer, but close enough for government work.

As for being slow on some posts: Yes, some news spots are exclusives, so posting first or even with the announcement is exactly the opposite of an exclusive piece of news.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I just worked out when I'd hit day 730. I'm currently on day 617, so that's 113 days from now. 12 weeks and a day. That happens to land on the 25th December 1025.

1025? What year do you think this is? Does MPQ run well on your iParchment? icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Malcrof wrote:
    Both Galactus and Anniversary are currently planned on being standard comic packs instead of Vaults. We figure that more people want to go for Devil Dino and the like, so making a locked Vault (even if it's a 0 cost reset) is more annoyance in this case than the surety you get from clearing a given Vault.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Both Galactus and Anniversary are currently planned on being standard comic packs instead of Vaults. We figure that more people want to go for Devil Dino and the like, so making a locked Vault (even if it's a 0 cost reset) is more annoyance in this case than the surety you get from clearing a given Vault.

YES. The Vault; she mocks me....