• cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    Red Hulk is just 4*, beleive me icon_e_wink.gif

All signs point to the 4* being cyclops

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/01/marvel- ... galactus-/
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Silver Surfer as Day 730 resupply is awesome. Very pleased we are getting a useful cover instead of another novelty.
    I'm on day 688! This is awesome news!
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    cyineedsn wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Red Hulk is just 4*, beleive me icon_e_wink.gif

All signs point to the 4* being cyclops

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/01/marvel- ... galactus-/

I'm not sure the 5* abilities fit Red Hulk very well.

Also, Ice said the patch hints were for three characters, so maybe 1 5* and 2 4*s? Presumably the "Seeing." one is Cyclops, and the "When a man becomes that which he hates" is Red Hulk. The "Healing" one sounds like the rumored Old Man Logan, which makes the most sense with the 5* abilities.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards

Thankee-sai, Gunslinger! This is awesome news! Freaking Galactus! My day is made.

“If ka will say so, let it be so.”

Question about the Galactus deal. If I start the event and then swap alliances will I still be contributing the the alliance I started with or the new alliance?

I think an administrator needs to post an FAQ so people can start planning.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did not read the article yet but looking at the Galactus picture.. two passives and a 30AP cost Black.. should we be worried? icon_lol.gif

Pfff, Cosmic Wrath needs a buff. Whales, Whales, Whales is an auto win button that costs less than half the AP, AND it's on a less used color. Galactus got the shaft. Devs have to buff him pre-release or I'm deleting my roster! For the good of the game!
  • Anyone have a blown up version of the polygon infographic? Can't read it or zoom on it.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    tdglory49 wrote:

I'm not sure the 5* abilities fit Red Hulk very well.

Also, Ice said the patch hints were for three characters, so maybe 1 5* and 2 4*s? Presumably the "Seeing." one is Cyclops, and the "When a man becomes that which he hates" is Red Hulk. The "Healing" one sounds like the rumored Old Man Logan, which makes the most sense with the 5* abilities.

Ohhh I didn't realize it would be 2 4*s
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    The Galactus in the polygon article has 21k health and has taken slight damage, so I'm guessing he's around 25k health. That seems pretty low for a boss character, so I'm guessing he'll have multiple levels the same way Ultron did. We are just seeing level one in that article.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought L1 ultron only had like 8k health. This seems like a much higher level.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    pheregas wrote:
    Am I the only one that feels slighted by the fact that Polygon got this before it was posted on the forums? icon_rolleyes.gif <jk>

No, you're not the only one. I'm getting tired of having too look elsewhere for information on the game instead of the game's official forums. Instead of being a liaison between the devs and the forum, IceIX is too busy shutting down threads.
  • Deegamah
    Deegamah Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Linkster79 wrote:

Thankee-sai, Gunslinger! This is awesome news! Freaking Galactus! My day is made.

“If ka will say so, let it be so.”

Question about the Galactus deal. If I start the event and then swap alliances will I still be contributing the the alliance I started with or the new alliance?

I think an administrator needs to post an FAQ so people can start planning.

It most likely will work identically to the Ultron events.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    dider152 wrote:
    pheregas wrote:
    Am I the only one that feels slighted by the fact that Polygon got this before it was posted on the forums? icon_rolleyes.gif <jk>

No, you're not the only one. I'm getting tired of having too look elsewhere for information on the game instead of the game's official forums. Instead of being a liaison between the devs and the forum, IceIX is too busy shutting down threads.

David Hi-Fi Moore is community liason, IceIX is as far as I know a designer.

My only guess is that some sort of exclusivity deal is in place for various places to get news first.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Been wanting Rulk in the game since it launched, don't think I could be more excited icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, looks like Galactus has 2 passives and a 30 cost blackflag.png active. Who's betting that one will instantly down your entire team? I sure am.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    scottee wrote:
    I did not read the article yet but looking at the Galactus picture.. two passives and a 30AP cost Black.. should we be worried? icon_lol.gif

Pfff, Cosmic Wrath needs a buff. Whales, Whales, Whales is an auto win button that costs less than half the AP, AND it's on a less used color. Galactus got the shaft. Devs have to buff him pre-release or I'm deleting my roster! For the good of the game!
    What you don't know is that both of his passives generate 15 black AP per turn.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    dider152 wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

It makes it here almost immediately, though, and giving exclusive interviews to websites with broader readership than the existing MPQ community is good for the game overall.

Ideally it would get stickied here as soon as the article goes live, but that might be tough to automate.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    dider152 wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

David Hi-Fi Moore is community liason, IceIX is as far as I know a designer.

My only guess is that some sort of exclusivity deal is in place for various places to get news first.

News sites don't generally like to get second hand news because that doesn't drive traffic to their sites, most people already have went to the primary source.

Meanwhile, MPQ can use the news site as a way to attract new customers, who don't currently play the game or visit the forums, so they do want other news sites to cover their game. Publicity is good after all. But to do that, they have to not show the information themselves first, or else the news site has been denied potential traffic.
  • JVReal wrote:
    Hope there is not a SS essential node...

Bagman essential versus buffed surfer