Forum Thread

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My personal experience is that scores are down overall, though maybe I am just choosing the wrong brackets.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Personally, I'm out of the 1,300 chase, and to be honest, I'm kind of glad. It wasn't terribly difficult for me to hit that mark with my roster, but it WAS time consuming, and required a good deal of communication, proper timing, playing on others' schedules, etc etc...all things that I don't particularly care for in this game. I hit 1,300 once since the token replaced the known cover, and pulled a green X-Force. Decided right then and there that it was a terrible use of my resources. I'll farm my tokens from PvE, DDQ and season rewards.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep vacillating on this topic. My initial thinking was if I needed the cover at 1k and had decent boosted chars then id go for it. I'm starting to think I should just get to 1k and forget about 1.3k until I have at least one top end 4*. As others have said there's a lot of playing on others schedules or paying too much attention to shield timers and battle chats. For just a chance at a needed 4* or aa 5*, I'm just not sure it's worth it. The single thing urging me on is that the game will be moving to 5* and that's the best place to get them.

I think for now I'm interested to see what the anniversary brings and if there are easier/better ways to get the 4* we need in the pipeline. Until then I'll be mostly taking it easy unless I have a particularly easy time at climbing.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    If I can get there on a 3 and an 8 hour shield, I'll do it. If not, I don't really care
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meant to mention this, and don't want to just edit mine cause no one will see it, but just an event or two ago I ended on exactly 1300 and finished 47th. Doesn't seem like too many are letting up, although maybe that will change now
  • mohio wrote:
    Meant to mention this, and don't want to just edit mine cause no one will see it, but just an event or two ago I ended on exactly 1300 and finished 47th. Doesn't seem like too many are letting up, although maybe that will change now

It really depends on the slice. I just played in s2 where there was 1 1300 score in the bracket, the next being like 1220. My 1008 was worth 27th place.

S4 seems to usually have at least the t10 filled with 1300 scores by the end.
  • I'm in the very small (currently 2/139 responses) who went with the option of used to get to 1300 sometimes, now get it every time.

I used to go to 1300 if I needed the cover, and would skip it when I already had that cover maxed. I have now hit 1300 in each event of the new short season, as well as all of the PVE progressions, and am currently sitting on 20 Legendary Tokens. Haven't pulled any from packs or tacos, each one was earned in PVP, PVE, or 4* DPDQ.

I'm in the category of folks who likely could have hit it every time previously, but there wasn't a reason to do so. If I were opening tokens as soon as I got them, there still likely would not be a reason to do so, as climbing that high for Star Lord red #11 is not something I'd like to do. But later when I open all of them, I won't know if a useful cover (I certainly hope there's one in there) came from the time I broke 1300 before putting up the first and only shield I used that event, or whether it's from this one that I'll be using 3 shields (though got it after two, just timed it badly and will have to use a third).