Err... Galaxy zoomed to a solar system

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    we are heading towards a place known to few as

Grinding land icon_e_smile.gif
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    This may be the Annihilation Wave, to me that ship kind of looks like a bug icon_razz.gif

Imagine this event filled with Wave after Wave of insect warriors, hive Queen sub bosses and the final boss Annihilus himself
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    AdamMagus wrote:
    This may be the Annihilation Wave, to me that ship kind of looks like a bug icon_razz.gif

Imagine this event filled with Wave after Wave of insect warriors, hive Queen sub bosses and the final boss Annihilus himself
    I would love that, especially if it meant the release of 4* Nova (Richard Ryder) and 5* Annihilus! Although Annihilus would probably be in more of a "boss-only" role like Gorgon or Ultron.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I'd say two things are likely for the event, which yes, has zoomed to a solar system from the bigger galaxy view.

1. Galactus event. Getting The Thing, Mister Fantastic, and Silver Surfer all in very rapid fashion? Just screams for Galactus.

2. If it's not Galactus? I'd guess a Secret Wars event. Not to give away comic spoilers, but a special craft created by Mister Fantastic is used to get to a unique new world. Plus having an event relate to current comics would be a fun thing.

Anyway, those are the two obvious guesses. I doubt that it would be a Phoenix event- why would they add both the All New young versions of Iceman and Jean Grey if they were planning a Phoenix event?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I thought it would be Galactus but i agree it looks like a Skrull Battleship. Very similar to the one that carried Black Bolt one time...maybe Inhumans related?

200?cb=20080816214839
  • Here it is, enlarged sharpened and brightened a little.

21187947434_13924b9e63.jpg
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Could it be The Eclector?

Bring on the Yondu!

8ea015ad61a0aa1f5f1d0ff80d845877.jpg
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    ZootSax wrote:
    It's a Vogon construction fleet. The Anniversary event is a Hitchhiker's Guide crossover. With Ford Prefect as the new 5 star...obviously.

This is the anniversary lies thread, right?

Don't forget your towel, everyone.

The new 5* changes irreversibly, correct? I say it's Justin Hammer who then turns into Zaphod Beeblebrox! Sam Rockwell FTW!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    I thought it would be Galactus but i agree it looks like a Skrull Battleship. Very similar to the one that carried Black Bolt one time...maybe Inhumans related?

200?cb=20080816214839

Wow. Not that you mention it... I can totally see it.

I don't want to be disappointed, but with the power sets of the new 5*, I was guessing it would be Jean Grey/Phoenix and it would be the Shi'ar come to claim her.

But I could get behind some skrulls... Have some powered up Skrull-elekra to fight.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I'd be surprised if they were adding more Skrulls to the game. I mean, there's already ...

... um, never mind. There are no Skrulls currently in your roster. Nope. Not any. The number of Skrulls that you currently use is definitely zero. Not a different number that is higher than zero.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I'd be surprised if they were adding more Skrulls to the game. I mean, there's already ...

... um, never mind. There are no Skrulls currently in your roster. Nope. Not any. The number of Skrulls that you currently use is definitely zero. Not a different number that is higher than zero.

How do you know? Iron man and Magneto have some Skrull history icon_e_wink.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do find it funny that if there was a Skrull invasion, that this was a storyline which immediately PRECEDED Dark Reign.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
  • SirLanik wrote:

2. If it's not Galactus? I'd guess a Secret Wars event. Not to give away comic spoilers, but a special craft created by Mister Fantastic is used to get to a unique new world. Plus having an event relate to current comics would be a fun thing.

Marvel Future Fight is doing a Secret Wars event right now, so you might actually have hit the nail on the head.
  • Where's the ROM, Spaceknight love?
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I do find it funny that if there was a Skrull invasion, that this was a storyline which immediately PRECEDED Dark Reign.

Spiderwoman/Veranke confirmed!
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Here it is, enlarged sharpened and brightened a little.

21187947434_13924b9e63.jpg

It does appear to be strikingly similar to an annihilation wave ship...

annihilation4.jpg?w=468
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    nyan_cat_galaxy_wallpaper_by_sonyrootkit_d4p.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Where's the ROM, Spaceknight love?
    Sadly, the copyright for Rom is tied up in legal hell.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could someone please confirm by the end of this week if this is a single player event or an allaince Event.. Give people time to find an alalince if they are not in one.