Err... Galaxy zoomed to a solar system

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Did anyone else notice that the mystery event that takes place in a little under 10 days now has a new graphic? The spiral galaxy has been replaced with a solar system with a single sun and what looks like 8 planets... And a giant looking metal asteroid that looks like it's heading our way!

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's Galactus slowly approaching to come eat our worlds! Each planet is a PVE with a boss battle where you team-up with SS to stop him!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a Vogon construction fleet. The Anniversary event is a Hitchhiker's Guide crossover. With Ford Prefect as the new 5 star...obviously.

This is the anniversary lies thread, right?
  • Maybe it's a DC crossover, and Doomsday is coming to kill Sentry.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I was about to post to say this too... Really liking the hype they are building up for this, even if the event is average, it's making me look forward to that week even more so.
  • It's Galactus slowly approaching to come eat our worlds! Each planet is a PVE with a boss battle where you team-up with SS to stop him!

I'm dreading the lineup at Uranus. icon_twisted.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    The spiral galaxy has been replaced with a solar system with a single sun and what looks like 8 planets...

B-b-b-but our Solar System has nine planets! #plutowasrobbed
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah and those bright unidentifiable spots on Ceres are really just the reflection of the sun off of Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet.

None of the dwarf planets get any love, do they?
  • Hard to tell from the tiny thumbnail but it sort of looks like a Skrull battleship.
  • Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    Hard to tell from the tiny thumbnail but it sort of looks like a Skrull battleship.

Skrull as a new 1* character? Kewl.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    It's Galactus slowly approaching to come eat our worlds! Each planet is a PVE with a boss battle where you team-up with SS to stop him!
    With the last 2 FF characters being quickly added, and then Silver Surfer, it really does seem like Galactus is the best option.
    And we're watching him slowly approach.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    pheregas wrote:
    The spiral galaxy has been replaced with a solar system with a single sun and what looks like 8 planets...

B-b-b-but our Solar System has nine planets! #plutowasrobbed

Pluto has officially been reclassified as an "appetizer".
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    deiXide wrote:
    Maybe it's a DC crossover, and Doomsday is coming to kill Sentry.

Let this one go Francois. He has spirit.
  • Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    Hard to tell from the tiny thumbnail but it sort of looks like a Skrull battleship.

Super Skrull would be a great 4* since we just got Mr. Fantastic as the last member of the FF.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of any Skrulls, battleships or otherwise.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It feels like superskrull would need at minimum 4 attacks to work in this game.

I guess vision technically has more then 3, but we saw what happened there.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did not want to spoil anything but I cannot hold it in any longer.. The ship is actually the Shi'ar Empire for a 5* Phoenix PVE!

Press the spoil button for more detail!
    Just kidding icon_lol.gif
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:

Super Skrull would be a great 4* since we just got Mr. Fantastic as the last member of the FF.

Super Skrull as the newest 4* (at minimum) is something I can wholeheartedly support.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Really hope they don't make SS an essential for any part of it.

That would be mean.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax wrote:
    It's a Vogon construction fleet. The Anniversary event is a Hitchhiker's Guide crossover. With Ford Prefect as the new 5 star...obviously.

This is the anniversary lies thread, right?

Don't forget your towel, everyone.
  • Would happily embrace Super Skrull as a playable, but there's potential to use him as an unplayable enemy with substitutable moves to create some challenging and variable PvE nodes.