Things that make u wanna quit (but not really)

2»

Comments

• Backspacing 40 times to type a single sentence in alliance chat.

Going nuts at the end of a PVP event to get ranked 101 because a feeder revenged at the last minute.

That "Commander" in our alliance that goes on 7-12 day idle sprees.

Having only a few character abilities at max, and consistently getting those exact covers (argh: Hulk green, Mystique black).

Purchasing and winning five covers from an 80 slot vault to get five 2*Dakens.

Opening two season 10-packs and getting two gold covers.

Knowing you have 3 weeks before you get anything useable in S.H.I.E.L.D. resupply (why forum, why).

Iron Fist covers.

Finishing that last PVP match 30 seconds after the event ends.

When 'Turn to Smoke' and 'Threaten' happen at the same time.

Not having Moonstone or another required character rostered for PVE.

Having to click and hold.. click and hold... click and hold 62 times to level someone appropriately.

Grey hair sprouting from my beard from Quicksilver and Falcon PVPs (yawn).

Ragnarok covers.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:
    That, or rising to 1904 points in Simulator and shielding. Waiting for shield to expire and try for that 96 points to get the 4* cover, getting slammed, using up all health packs and shielding again with only 1909 points. Waiting for the shield to expire again and getting ****-slapped all the way down to 1500 points.
    one suggestion. I recommend if you're at 1904, trying to finish the push to 2K. there is server lag with queues and those that see you in their queues when you've pushed up to 1900 are seeing values from earlier - probably in the 1600s-1700s. that might give you enough time to finish your push before the server actually updates your score in the system. once you shield, wait and then break shield, you're immediately put in queues at your real value, which is worth hitting for many more players than at 1600-1700. I didn't need more than my 10 health packs (used several different teams), but if i had last night i was ready to go the the taco vaults and pull until i got more health packs. it was all or nothing last night for me. no shielding for me until maybe last day of the season.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am horrible at hoarding tokens and about the only time I do anything like that is when I play through a node and whatever tokens I collect, I open when I finish clearing the node. I had already used up my health packs and didn't feel like spending 200 HP on only 5. I would probably be better at hoarding health packs rather than tokens because I am always looking for that next gold!!!!!
  • Losing a juicy retaliation fight because of cheating colour drops. Playing against DD/Patch. I Loki away their first batch of AP, only to watch the next turn give them the exact cascade needed to Beserker/radar sense me. How does the AI even know how to use that combo?!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    playing a match against annoying character(bullseye, moonstone)/fast character(ares?)/muscle and losing 3-6 health packs just because of bad luck

grinding to get that 10pack and getting a single 3*
    opening heroic and event tokens and not get a single 3*

i dont really care about my luck and not netting a 3* with specific tokens. but i get really mad losing against a underleveled team because the ai goes on a cascade rampage. happens once a day
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    - Playing a feeder node at the start and getting a monster cascade in your favour to finish the match quickly.
    - Playing a match a few games later, against a supposedly easy team, and getting a monster cascade against you and promptly losing
    - Playing more matches in the same PvP and constantly getting monster cascades against you.
    - Playing one final game and finally getting a monster cascade to win the game... only it's finished a few seconds later due to all the animations and it doesn't register the points, leaving you at 101/103.....

You can't even make it up.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    playing a match against annoying character(bullseye, moonstone)/fast character(ares?)/muscle and losing 3-6 health packs just because of bad luck

grinding to get that 10pack and getting a single 3*
    opening heroic and event tokens and not get a single 3*

i dont really care about my luck and not netting a 3* with specific tokens. but i get really mad losing against a underleveled team because the ai goes on a cascade rampage. happens once a day

The above highlighted section is my most recent annoyance, I worked really hard to get that season 10 pack, entered every PVP event knowing I cannot win any of them or even place above 200. finally earned that glorious 10-pack. Only to find that it contained 4x Johnny Storm (already covered) 2x OBW (already covered) 4x Ares ALL GREEN (already covered anyway) and 1 Venom. Quite possibly the most underwhelming reward for such hard work.

I'm not going to be aiming for that 10 pack again and I feel super glad that I never buy them, cant imagine spending money and getting nothing for it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The above highlighted section is my most recent annoyance, I worked really hard to get that season 10 pack, entered every PVP event knowing I cannot win any of them or even place above 200. finally earned that glorious 10-pack. Only to find that it contained 4x Johnny Storm (already covered) 2x OBW (already covered) 4x Ares ALL GREEN (already covered anyway) and 1 Venom.
    I'm all for hyperbole, but
    a) you can't have pulled 11 covers from a ten pack and
    b) there are no 1* characters in ten packs.

So you got something mixed up there icon_e_wink.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    The above highlighted section is my most recent annoyance, I worked really hard to get that season 10 pack, entered every PVP event knowing I cannot win any of them or even place above 200. finally earned that glorious 10-pack. Only to find that it contained 4x Johnny Storm (already covered) 2x OBW (already covered) 4x Ares ALL GREEN (already covered anyway) and 1 Venom.
    I'm all for hyperbole, but
    a) you can't have pulled 11 covers from a ten pack and
    b) there are no 1* characters in ten packs.

So you got something mixed up there icon_e_wink.gif

My mistake, it was only 3 johnny storm covers, Venom must have been one left over from an event token that I hadn't sold yet. My last token can't have been anything exciting though or I would remember.

I suppose I should also say that this morning I pulled nick fury from the PVE recruit token so it's not all mudslides and avalanches
  • OJSP wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Losing a juicy retaliation fight because of cheating colour drops. Playing against DD/Patch. I Loki away their first batch of AP, only to watch the next turn give them the exact cascade needed to Beserker/radar sense me. How does the AI even know how to use that combo?!
    The AI process the powers one colour at a time in a sequence i can't remember at the moment.. (most probably greenflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png ) that's how we see Ares, Thor, Juggernaut, Mystique chaining their own powers when they have enough AP.. also how they use 2 characters powers one after another.. once a colour has been checked and there's not enough AP to do any powers, the AI checks the next colour.

I've been at the receiving end of Berserker Rage/Radar Sense, Berserker Rage/Trickery and Berserker Rage/Nuts from Above.. the AI knows.. icon_e_smile.gif

Interesting, thanks!

Just had my second rage of the day, on the verge of an underdog win against carnage, cyclops,doom for a good 60 and had doom on his last legs when the game shuts down, hello -points and 3 dead characters. Can't face logging back in now
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having had a 1/5/4 IMHB since pretty much his release.. that red cover is my white whale.. gotten close every time it comes up.. and it sits in my DDQ vault taunting me.. no luck for it on leg tokens..

And now.. his 4* DDQ is tomorrow.. and i may not even have a chance.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Having had a 1/5/4 IMHB since pretty much his release.. that red cover is my white whale.. gotten close every time it comes up.. and it sits in my DDQ vault taunting me.. no luck for it on leg tokens..

I'm betting my 2/2/3 has just as hard a time. yours can get more levels and health at least. I've level maxed mine for tomorrow to 147.
  • Malcrof wrote:

Been sat at 0/2/2 since the launch, but pulled 2 covers last week to give me 1/3/2, think it might still struggle tomorrow