Things that make u wanna quit (but not really)

Born2DieNPvP
Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Everyone knows the common reasons most of us rage about at one time or another for considering abandoning MPQ. Scaling, transition woes, reward structure, grinding, etc. But what about the secret fury you hold that you don't share because no one else seems to have the same problem? Currently mine is maxxed Laken/Patch/Hulk teams which seem to have overrun my season SHIELD simulator. I hate everyone of you running this team! In fact I don't think it's actual players but rather Kicksthatkick under a buncha aliases finally getting his revenge. Such a slog. I can't do it anymore. You can keep the damn JG cover MPQ!

Comments

• One season I was like "Man I need to get some more 3*s, I'm gonna grind the season for the Heroic 10 Pack, I never got that before this would be rad."

And then I did, and got not a single damn 3*

At the same time I was also acting kinda weird, was like "Oh hey, they just introduced like, 10 characters in a row who ain't white dudes that's kinda cool. (Depends on if you count Beast as a white dude or not, I guess) Like, they got 3/5 Guardians of the Galaxy in it, without tossing in the white dude leader sort. That's pretty cool."

And then they introduced Star Lord and I was like. Oh. Well. There goes that streak and good feelings.

I came back but like a month or two later, to see that the game's dominated by white bald dudes all over. ( icon_professorx.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_silversurfer.png ) but eh the game's still fun as heck, and Deadpool Dailys are a help.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    The time consumption.
    But maybe that's because I'm not that clever. And it's my wife who wants me to quit. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knowing a high value target is available, but all you can queue are the same 5 players in rotation
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing the AI get match 5 consecutively 5 times.

Almost want to throw my phone away.

Took a deep breath, put the phone away and calm down.

Came back and got consecutive match 5.

RNG board state... Makes me happy and upset at the same time.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Reaching 1607 in SHIELD sim at noon and playing virtually non-stop for just over 9 hours and climbing all the way to 1645.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP

i dabble. sometimes make a mad rush as far as i can go in one shot. but then i just get pissed off and frustrated with all the stupidity and 2 steps back for every step forward 'progress'.
  • One thing : the balance of losing points when attacked in PvP is awful. That kills most fun while playing. Everything else is acceptable in different ways, but this fact is just getting worse.

icon_evil.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can handle ridiculous AI cascades, I can handle scaling, I can even accept the massive falls in pvp. What really gets me mad? Collecting legendary tokens which are all different.. Drives me insane! Currently got thing, hulkbuster, thoress all sitting in my recruit queue because I've no roster space and I've discarded IW. I needed star Lord (2 covers already) kingpin (2 covers) or uncanny deadpool (2 covers).

Why not give me one of those arrrggghh
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Getting sniped 4x in a row. Every shield hop, one snipe. Doesn't matter what hour of the day, what day of the week. :/
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Currently got thing, hulkbuster, thoress all sitting in my recruit queue because I've no roster space and I've discarded IW. I needed star Lord (2 covers already) kingpin (2 covers) or uncanny deadpool (2 covers).

I don't intend to ask you to change how you play, but it seems a waste to open all those tokens and hope to get the ones you need for the 3 4*s that you have.

I just happened to recall reading your other posts, and i just checked.. you mentioned you've only played for 2 months and still have a 2* roster.. Personally, i don't think you're ready to start collecting 4*s unless you have the roster slots.

Rather than selling the 4*s, i would strongly suggest buying some hero points for the roster slots.. then don't open anymore token_legendary.png

Again, i'm just mentioning this because it's just such a waste to throw away the covers that you've played hard for. I wouldn't normally advice people to do this, but I know how i would feel if i were in your shoes.

what he said^^

even though it's easier to get 4* now, they aren't going to fall into your lap. i don't assume to know what your financial situation is like, but i dropped 80$ when i started playing to buy the roster slots to keep extra 3* (4* were not very realistic at that point). once your roster is better, you should be able to play your way into enough hp to add a new character here and there.
  • This is a game with long term situation to play, if you are adoring Marvel like most of us here icon_e_smile.gif

I would buy slots for very good or hard to get covers.It's fun to see how they grow over weeks, if you have the patience.

She-Hulk is an example at Stormysusie, I was curious what she could do for my team, and suddenly within a few days she grew, now she is 4/4/1 and I am excited when I get her another copy for redflag.png And I like her!

Elektra as another example, kept her, now she's on purpleflag.png with 3.

I spent about 100 Euro by now, day 250? Uh, have to look, which day... icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Currently got thing, hulkbuster, thoress all sitting in my recruit queue because I've no roster space and I've discarded IW. I needed star Lord (2 covers already) kingpin (2 covers) or uncanny deadpool (2 covers).

I don't intend to ask you to change how you play, but it seems a waste to open all those tokens and hope to get the ones you need for the 3 4*s that you have.

I just happened to recall reading your other posts, and i just checked.. you mentioned you've only played for 2 months and still have a 2* roster.. Personally, i don't think you're ready to start collecting 4*s unless you have the roster slots.

Rather than selling the 4*s, i would strongly suggest buying some hero points for the roster slots.. then don't open anymore token_legendary.png

Again, i'm just mentioning this because it's just such a waste to throw away the covers that you've played hard for. I wouldn't normally advice people to do this, but I know how i would feel if i were in your shoes.

My 3* roster is growing, but not quite enough yet and I don't spend money on the game. My goal is to see how far I can get without spending anything. You're right of course about the legendary tokens but battling my way to getting that sweet token at the end of a massive slog of a PVE and then NOT opening my prize, that is a skill I am yet to master ha ha.

Thanks for the advice though, I will take it on board.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Losing 350 points in PvP by no action of my own when unshielded.

Breaking shield to gain 40 points, and finding out I'd lost 80 getting it.

Finishing all nodes in PvE resulting in 347th place.
  • Also fun: Shielding in PVP when you're 4 points away from a progression.... and then getting hit for a loss or two anyways because the shield didn't activate until a minute or two after you bought it.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Losing 350 points in PvP by no action of my own when unshielded.

Breaking shield to gain 40 points, and finding out I'd lost 80 getting it.

Finishing all nodes in PvE resulting in 347th place.

That, or rising to 1904 points in Simulator and shielding. Waiting for shield to expire and try for that 96 points to get the 4* cover, getting slammed, using up all health packs and shielding again with only 1909 points. Waiting for the shield to expire again and getting ****-slapped all the way down to 1500 points.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Playing my behind off in PVE, playing almost perfect but losing out on top 2. Then seeing people post their wins in brackets with a fraction of my score.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kevin61 wrote:
    That, or rising to 1904 points in Simulator and shielding. Waiting for shield to expire and try for that 96 points to get the 4* cover, getting slammed, using up all health packs and shielding again with only 1909 points. Waiting for the shield to expire again and getting ****-slapped all the way down to 1500 points.
    one suggestion. I recommend if you're at 1904, trying to finish the push to 2K. there is server lag with queues and those that see you in their queues when you've pushed up to 1900 are seeing values from earlier - probably in the 1600s-1700s. that might give you enough time to finish your push before the server actually updates your score in the system. once you shield, wait and then break shield, you're immediately put in queues at your real value, which is worth hitting for many more players than at 1600-1700. I didn't need more than my 10 health packs (used several different teams), but if i had last night i was ready to go the the taco vaults and pull until i got more health packs. it was all or nothing last night for me. no shielding for me until maybe last day of the season.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    Also fun: Shielding in PVP when you're 4 points away from a progression.... and then getting hit for a loss or two anyways because the shield didn't activate until a minute or two after you bought it.

As soon as you put up a shield check the leaderboard. This forces a server refresh and your shield status is updated instantly to the server.

I found out the hard way also.
  • OJSP wrote:

My 3* roster is growing, but not quite enough yet and I don't spend money on the game. My goal is to see how far I can get without spending anything. You're right of course about the legendary tokens but battling my way to getting that sweet token at the end of a massive slog of a PVE and then NOT opening my prize, that is a skill I am yet to master ha ha.

Thanks for the advice though, I will take it on board.

Regarding things that actually tempt me to bail, there is a two-way tie between the above-highlighted section and the constant lack of roster slots/HP, with the whole, "losing more points than you gain during a match in PvP" coming in a distant but noticeable third.

Every time I finally win or earn a token, the idea of NOT enjoying my hard-fought success and saving the token until I secure a parking spot for a potential character makes me question why I still open MPQ 700+ days later... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hitting 1000 points in pvp for the first time and only ranking 52nd. I didn't even bother shielding at that point. I was happy to get the Ice Man cover, though.

Honestly, the thing in the game that makes me saddest isn't even part of the game. Reading about how people coordinate shield hops and call it "etiquette" comes closest to making me want to stop playing.