General DDQ Vault Question

2»

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they got rid of the damn health packs I would hate it less.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    pulled 2 x 250HP today, just in time for the anniversary. So yeah, for now, I'm happy with the vaults. It's easy tokens every day with an outside chance of a win, why not?

I've only pulled on 4* so far from them, and that was 10k ISO, but I remain hopeful
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate the DDQ vaults. Really wish they were like the PVP ones, where I could use my tokens once every three months rather than once a year. icon_e_sad.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to admit, I've come around on the health pack resource. chasing 1300 (i.e. playing 4* teams with my puny 3* teams) and playing pve side by side and throw in a 4*ddq day, and health pack needs are heavy lately. I am a hoarder and have used tacos for health packs multiple times over the last couple of weeks. it usually only takes a few pulls to get some and sometimes you get other good stuff as well. so I kind of like the current vault mechanic, although I'd love to see the sheer number reduced still
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I no longer need any of the 2* prizes, not interested in health packs since I only do PVP in between my PVE clears. There's usually at least 2 3* characters that I don't need or want, and I've got stack loads of ISO since I don't spend it until I can level all my characters up 10 levels.

Today I had 8 tokens and using the handy vault chance guide (here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31277 ) calculated my odds at getting something I need at 52%, so I Thought what the hell. Those odds aren't bad and they actually get better the more bad pulls you have.

1st pull healthpack.png . odds of desirable item increase.
    2nd pull healthpack.png . odds increase again
    3rd pull star.pngstar.png odds increase again
    4th pull imcoin.png (though I didn't want this I'm ok with getting it) again odds increase
    5th pull iso8.png 1500. odds increase again
    6th pull MNMags blueflag.png odds increase again
    7th pull 2hor greenflag.png odds increase again
    8th pull Moonstone blackflag.png

So if I started at 52% I wonder what my percentage is at now? I must surely be about 180% likely to pull something I need tomorrow? The lesson here? Never rely on odds.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I don't hate the vault, but it clearly would be much better if 1) it lasted longer than 5 days so that your odds could decently improve with time (without having to hoard tokens) or 2) the vault was smaller (80 to 100 possible items, for instance). If one of the goals of the vault was getting people to spend more HP (and thus money) buying tokens, I would think either of those changes would increase those sales. As it is now, it is more or less pointless buying a token or even a 10 pack because your odds of getting any particular item are ridiculously small.
  • OneLastGambit
    I don't hate the vault, but it clearly would be much better if 1) it lasted longer than 5 days so that your odds could decently improve with time (without having to hoard tokens) or 2) the vault was smaller (80 to 100 possible items, for instance). If one of the goals of the vault was getting people to spend more HP (and thus money) buying tokens, I would think either of those changes would increase those sales. As it is now, it is more or less pointless buying a token or even a 10 pack because your odds of getting any particular item are ridiculously small.

I think a 7 day vault would be better ^^^^

Where is that wild ICEIX when you need it? Any chance of this change occurring?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh. It had the potential to be far better than it actually is. With so many items and so quick resets, they're essentially just another random token unless you spend half a year stockpiling them.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    The prevalence of Health Packs is a huge draw. I stockpile until I need to make a big PVP run, then cash out the tokens. Much prefer it to the old system.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

A wild ICEIX appears!
    OneLastGambit used Question! It was super effective!
    Wild ICEIX used Double Action!
    Wild ICEIX used Answer!
    Not likely, since we'd then have to switch the Deadpool Dailies up for 7 days, which means (currently) also dropping Crash of the Titans to once a week.
    Wild ICEIX used Smoke Bomb!
    Wild ICEIX escaped!

OneLastGambit gained 0 exp points.
    OneLastGambit gained 0 Iso-8.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

A wild ICEIX appears!
    Wild ICEIX used Answer!
    Not likely, since we'd then have to switch the Deadpool Dailies up for 7 days, which means (currently) also dropping Crash of the Titans to once a week.
    Wild ICEIX escaped!

Youch, not even the 20 iso consolation prize.. he musta rolled a 20.
  • OneLastGambit
    IceIX wrote:

A wild ICEIX appears!
    Wild ICEIX used Answer!
    Wild ICEIX escaped!

I'm not gonna lie... I laughed at this response.
  • Dystrophy
    Dystrophy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Considering I got 1250 hero points today from two tokens I'd say I'm a huge fan of the DDQ Vault =P However, any other day... well, it's better than nothing.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I hoard my tokens and use them for health packs. Anything else is just a bonus.