General DDQ Vault Question

chaos01
chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The novelty has worn off and all I can think is, I highly dislike the DDQ vaults. Too many **** prizes that super dilute any chance of a 3/4 star. I would rather get a heroic token that is bang and done or at the very least if there was actually a pattern to follow and exploit in DDQ it would at least take the edge off randomly picking a 2 star prize.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I hear you on the DDQ Vault, but I think it's the same difference. You get plenty of 2* characters in Heroic pulls as well. The thing with The Vault is, you see ALL the shiny prizes and naturally want only THOSE prizes. When you get a 2*, you're instantly bummed. Heroic tokens work the same way, you just don't have all the awesome possibilities in front of you. Heroics carry chances of 2*, 3*, and 4*, but you just don't SEE it. I think that's what the frustrating part of the vault is.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ is okay.
    The PvP ones, psychologically at least, feel much nicer. 80 prizes, 4 of which are 4*? I like dem odds.
  • I love the vault, i've got plenty of great rewards from it. Yes 2 stars are annoying (just wish it was health packs instead) but I have received token_legendary.png out of the vault twice. One surgical strike x force (oddly enough got the one from two vaults ago as well.) One Sam Wilson Captain America yellowflag.png
  • Alx85
    Alx85 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    The vault is a good thing. You can see your odds of pulling a particular token and if you get a tinykitty one then it falls out of the odds and chances of better prizes increase. Is it a cash cow for the devs? Yes! Seeing the potential rewards psychologically tempts you to spend ££££ but if you play the long game and save tokens at least you know what you are playing for.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    See and to me seeing it makes it worse. When I open a heroic I expect a 2 star so mentally seeing everything I'm not getting every time makes it worse.
  • I like the DDQ vault because you can get Hero Points and Iso from it, and lord knows many times I'd rather have the HP then a cover I don't have a roster spot for.

I like the reward split better overall, compared to the old DDQ tokens which were 90% 2* and 10% the featured five 3*s.

Also you can go crazy and save up 300 tokens if you're a crazy person like that.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I wish the vaults lasted longer so I could pull something good eventually, they barely let us pull anything from it before it resets.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I like the DDQ vault because you can get Hero Points and Iso from it, and lord knows many times I'd rather have the HP then a cover I don't have a roster spot for.

I like the reward split better overall, compared to the old DDQ tokens which were 90% 2* and 10% the featured five 3*s.

Also you can go crazy and save up 300 tokens if you're a crazy person like that.

Hero Points were available in the old tacos. The change is that the vaults introduced ISO and health packs as rewards.

I'm fine with the vault. I hate the stupid **** animation.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    When you have 3* covered the vault becomes less interesting. More ISO and health packs instead of 2* would be nice more hp if that's not asking too much as well.

Or throw in a ten pack or something interesting in there.
  • I don't know if its been posted, but i don't like how you can find the pattern for the legendary token and when you hit the right number its changed position
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like it much better if it was less items like the other pve/pvp vaults that pop up sometimes.

Besides reducing the amount of items, swapping the 2* covers for heroic tokens would be good too, it is a sllight buff overall due to the chance of a 3/4* but nothing too major.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The issue I have with the vault is for 4* covers I have yet to line up the vault where I need all 3 4* prizes. As it has been running for me where I might need just the legendary token or one of the 4*. This has made me hord tokens. Also because the 2nd vault resets after each pull there has been no reason for me to pull those tokens as well. An example of his in this weeks vault I have HB blue available. I desperately need HB red and black. What this means is pulling tokens this week means I am going for HP, health packs and 1 legendary token. The odds are horrible for the one legendary token, and since there is not a new character in PVE I really don't need the health packs. At least in the old vault if HB was in there I would have a chance to get all 3 covers.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if its been posted, but i don't like how you can find the pattern for the legendary token and when you hit the right number its changed position

The animation is meaningless. It's just a cycling of icons that list what you could get. The item you get is decided the moment you click the token.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    No. Once you have the majority of 3 stars covered, your options within reason are to save them up for months on end for any real hope of a useable reward or to spend them as you get them and accept that you will nearly always just get iso/HP or health packs.
  • I am also sick of pulling out 2 stars. And, health packs. I mean, nothing like winning a prize that is equal to what you would have gotten simply by not playing the game for a couple of hours, eh?

"Yee-Haw Ma! I won me some health packs! Looks like when I wake up tomorrow I will have ... 10 health packs... same as always... icon_e_sad.gif "

So, In order to get SOMETHING worth opening, has anyone worked out THE strategy for saving up Savory/Sweet tacos to redeem all at once? I know that once the flavor switches form one to the other, you must at least wait till they flip back. But I've also heard on some boards that they actually become worthless. So...

1. Is there a chart for how many you must save to GUARANTEE getting a certain prize, like "76 tacos guarantee at least 1 500 HP card"?
    2. Do the taco tacos actually expire?
    3. Is anyone else as pumped for the upcoming Deadpool movie after watching the red band trailer? I thought the movie would blow monkey chunks, but after watching the trailer--several times--I am psyched!
  • I am also sick of pulling out 2 stars. And, health packs. I mean, nothing like winning a prize that is equal to what you would have gotten simply by not playing the game for a couple of hours, eh?

"Yee-Haw Ma! I won me some health packs! Looks like when I wake up tomorrow I will have ... 10 health packs... same as always... icon_e_sad.gif "

So, In order to get SOMETHING worth opening, has anyone worked out THE strategy for saving up Savory/Sweet tacos to redeem all at once? I know that once the flavor switches form one to the other, you must at least wait till they flip back. But I've also heard on some boards that they actually become worthless. So...

1. Is there a chart for how many you must save to GUARANTEE getting a certain prize, like "76 tacos guarantee at least 1 500 HP card"?
    2. Do the taco tacos actually expire?
    3. Is anyone else as pumped for the upcoming Deadpool movie after watching the red band trailer? I thought the movie would blow monkey chunks, but after watching the trailer--several times--I am psyched!

I've heard people love the Health Packs in there, in terms of like "Yeah, I could wait a few hours. But the PVP's ending in 30 minutes, sooooooo"

Anyways, those questions.

1. Only if you get enough tokens to eliminate every other possible option. (i.e. 3 4* pulls in the Vault, 300 items, need 298 tokens to GUARANTEE at least 1 4*. The odds of having 297 tokens and NOT getting one are insane, but it is technically possible.

If you want to try your odds yourself, cabel_eel made some good charts for that sort of thing here.

2. Nope. They get stockpiled like every other sort of token.

3. Eh, not really, but I'm holding my breath for the revelation that this Deadpool is the same one in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, except he cut himself a new mouth.

Because I would personally find that mega-hilarious. Especially if just at like the climax he uses his Optic Blasts and is all "What, didn't you see that **** Wolverine movie?"

I don't care if it's retconned and doesn't make sense make it happen Fox.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if its been posted, but i don't like how you can find the pattern for the legendary token and when you hit the right number its changed position

The animation is meaningless. It's just a cycling of icons that list what you could get. The item you get is decided the moment you click the token.
    THIS. RIGHT HERE.

There is absolutely no pattern or skills aspect to pulling from the vaults.

I think it was a mistake on the part of the devs to give an animation that feels like you have some control over the results. All it does is cause players confusion and frustration.
  • colwag wrote:

3. Eh, not really, but I'm holding my breath for the revelation that this Deadpool is the same one in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, except he cut himself a new mouth.

Because I would personally find that mega-hilarious. Especially if just at like the climax he uses his Optic Blasts and is all "What, didn't you see that **** Wolverine movie?"

I don't care if it's retconned and doesn't make sense make it happen Fox.

I think it would be best for all people who saw it to simply pretend that XMO:W never existed, and that the Super Adaptoid Deadpool had never been thought of.

I just found out yesterday that Marvel was cool on the idea of a Deadpool movie, until they say a sequence RR* made and they loved it. If you watch his demo, the scene is the one from the Red Trailer where he takes out the van on the freeway. The movie version and his version are VERY alike down to camera angles. Apparently the Disney execs saw enough merit in that to greenlight the movie.

Movie backstory hidden here. DO NOT PEEK!!!
    In a scene where Wade is being wheeled into the Weapon X research lab, he makes a joke about them not making him an "animated" superhero, which is believed to be a reference to the crapfest GL movie and the CGI GL uniform. There was one other dig at the GL move the RR* snuck into the movie, and it appears in the trailer, but I can't remember what it is.

I also like the fact that Wade does not break the fourth wall, but when he becomes Deadpool he does. After all, it is his Weapon X induced insanity that makes him think he is in a comic book/movie. Whoever came up with that concept is a genius.

It has attitude--I am looking forward to it.

TMW

*Ryan Reynolds, not Reed Richards.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the DDQ vault because stockpiled taco tokens are a great source of health packs when you need them. Any of the rare 4* pulls are just a nice added bonus. Overall, the new system has been a lot more useful to me than the old one.
  • PurdyPrince
    PurdyPrince Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Has anyone tried pulling from the stockpiled taco tokens vault? For instance, this week it is savory taco vault and the sweet taco vault is stockpiled. Have you gotten the items that it the stockpiled sweet vault shows you on the screen or does it give you random rewards?