MPQ coming to Consoles next week

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Linkster79 wrote:
    You have made a fat, middle aged man cry. Hope you're happy icon_e_sad.gif

Awww, no. icon_e_sad.gif It's never my intent to make anyone cry. Just trying to clear a few things up.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello all,

MPQ is not releasing on consoles next week.

MPQ is not releasing on consoles as a Free-to-Play title.

MPQ is not coming to the 3DS or DS.

Thanks.
    So it's coming to X1 and PS4 in time for the next Marvel movie, with the current PVE content and no future updates.
    Gotcha.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello all,

MPQ is not releasing on consoles as a Free-to-Play title.

Thanks.

Y'know.

That makes it sound like they may repackage a ton of MPQ stuff, toss in all the PVE events and stories, and bring it all together as a not-F2P driven standalone game experience.

Which would be radical.

15 bucks for MPQ, and you can get all the 4*s and such fully covered in under 75 hours of gameplay, without any competitive multiplayer slowing you down? Yes please.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    colwag wrote:

Y'know.

That makes it sound like they may repackage a ton of MPQ stuff, toss in all the PVE events and stories, and bring it all together as a not-F2P driven standalone game experience.

Which would be radical.

15 bucks for MPQ, and you can get all the 4*s and such fully covered in under 75 hours of gameplay, without any competitive multiplayer slowing you down? Yes please.
    A few more notes here:
    The console version was code split based after R61, so it caps out at Thor (Goddess) in regards to release. That's also in regards to balancing, so expect much Power Surge/Smite mightiness. All characters are rebalanced for the same max level cap, there is no "rarity".
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the console version won't tie into multiplayer? are they sandboxed from the rest of the MpQ playerbase?

What about alliances?
  • IceIX wrote:
    A few more notes here:
    The console version was code split based after R61, so it caps out at Thor (Goddess) in regards to release. That's also in regards to balancing, so expect much Power Surge/Smite mightiness. All characters are rebalanced for the same max level cap, there is no "rarity".

^this what i hope in mpq: no rarity, different approach on story etc. much much better
  • Phumade wrote:
    So the console version won't tie into multiplayer? are they sandboxed from the rest of the MpQ playerbase?

What about alliances?

I think they're p. much an entirely separate game in that case.

Sort of like howSuper Swing Golf is just non-F2P version of Pangya

I'm hyped for the news of rebalanced-to-4*-standards icon_yelena.png
  • IceIX
    Phumade wrote:

What about alliances?
    Totally different. There's multiplayer as in "I can go select Ranked Match" and play some random person online. There is no multiplayer as in it ties in with the mobile/PC universe. There's also couch play multiplayer, so you can sit next to a friend and stun lock them with Spidey for an hour until they pummel you in real life.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess that's why they kept the Dark Reign title, to differentiate the console from mobile/Steam versions. If Thor is the last character in it, that means a lot less characters than the mobile/Steam versions. The last 3* before Thor were Rocket & Groot and Gamora.
  • IceIX wrote:
    All characters are rebalanced for the same max level cap, there is no "rarity".

That sounds really interesting. What was the reason for removing the rarities though? And what's the level cap going to be?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

What about alliances?
    Totally different. There's multiplayer as in "I can go select Ranked Match" and play some random person online. There is no multiplayer as in it ties in with the mobile/PC universe. There's also couch play multiplayer, so you can sit next to a friend and stun lock them with Spidey for an hour until they pummel you in real life.

As a 70's child this is how multiplayer should be. How about a pulling their controller cable out option?

Many happy memories of drunken Micro Machines, Mario Kart and GoldenEye multiplayer, not to mention epic Super Street Fighter 2 winner stays on and bracket tournaments.

On a side note does this mean that the Suggestions and Feedback sub forum actually get read? https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30167 make it more polished than Adventure Time Puzzle Quest and I would pay at least £5-£10 for it.
  • lukewin wrote:
    I guess that's why they kept the Dark Reign title, to differentiate the console from mobile/Steam versions. If Thor is the last character in it, that means a lot less characters than the mobile/Steam versions. The last 3* before Thor were Rocket & Groot and Gamora.

Well, when you split the code base, it doesn't necessarily mean that new stuff doesn't get included. You just split it into a new branch so that they can be balanced independently without ruining the live game. So they could still have every character.
  • Except Ice said they don't have anyone released at 4 thor, and no balancing was done.

Curious, is this a one and done product, or will there be dlc to add more characters?
  • Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

Well, when you split the code base, it doesn't necessarily mean that new stuff doesn't get included. You just split it into a new branch so that they can be balanced independently without ruining the live game. So they could still have every character.

I'm going to guess the Post-4or ones are going to be DLC, if anything.

With a side of "I wonder how they're going to handle 2* Cap and LazyCap. Are they just going to be reskins? Will they be built differently? (Like 2*Cap's a 5 yellowflag.png 3 redflag.png 5 blueflag.png and LazyCap's a 4 yellowflag.png 5 redflag.png 4 blueflag.png )

I'm excited and telling my friends to get it regardless.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

What about alliances?

i can see the news cast now

4 shot while playing MPQ... The #$#%#%# shouldn't of stun lock me.

I highly doubt the 3ds could even handle the game. Vita yes but vita is dead and noone is going to pour money into making a game on that system.
  • slidecage wrote:

i can see the news cast now

4 shot while playing MPQ... The #$#%#%# shouldn't of stun lock me.

I highly doubt the 3ds could even handle the game. Vita yes but vita is dead and noone is going to pour money into making a game on that system.[/quote]

The 3DS could easily handle a match 3 puzzle game.

Hell, the Game Boy Color could easily handle a match 3 puzzle game.

The only reason the 3DS woudln't be able to handle MPQ would be if it was the F2P version, with all of it's constant always on online.

Like, this game IS kinda on phones. The 3DS could do it in it's sleep.
  • IceIX
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    We can release characters as DLC, but some new characters actually required code changes to support them, so we'd have to merge in new code and the like depending on the character. Not impossible, but not as simple as importing a couple files.
  • IceIX
    Linkster79 wrote:
    On a side note does this mean that the Suggestions and Feedback sub forum actually get read? https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30167 make it more polished than Adventure Time Puzzle Quest and I would pay at least £5-£10 for it.
    It most certainly does get read. We have a policy of "no touch" there though in terms of dev posting.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Linkster79 wrote:

Awww, no. icon_e_sad.gif It's never my intent to make anyone cry. Just trying to clear a few things up.

Well the least you could do is send a ten-pack of legendary tokens to cheer him up.
    The very least.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Linkster79 wrote:

Well the least you could do is send a ten-pack of legendary tokens to cheer him up.
    The very least.

I would like to get behind this suggestion 100% :p
    IceIX wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    It most certainly does get read. We have a policy of "no touch" there though in terms of dev posting.

I should have specified a PAL release d'oh