Anniversary Week Poll..Are you spending HP?

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My HP stockpile is around 10K. I plan to blow a lot during the anniversary. May even buy extra if the situation is right...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we have details, i wonder if any votes will change...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Now that we have details, i wonder if any votes will change...

Since the 'new' PvE appears to be swapping bodies on the Ultron mechanic (based on articles and screenshots I've seen), I'm definitely less excited now.

Ultimately my spend would still come down to the tokens/daily deals, but man (if true) will that PvE be a buzzkill. Though it is better than a regular PvE, so there's that.
  • It's hard to justify spending HP on anything but roster slots when I'm sitting on Heroics and Legendarys hoping to get a place to put a potential Professor X or Iron Fist.

So, here's hoping that HP goes on mega-sale too. I've always wanted to give this game money, but HP seems waaaaaaay too overpriced justify it mang.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I'm ready.
    Depending on the haul, I might just drop a Logan's Loonies on it...

But given proper incentive, I'd be tempted to tap into my Asgaard's Treasure coffer
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I...don't know. I've reached a point in my MPQ time where I have literally NOTHING to spend my ISO on...all season long, its just sat there, I have just under half a million. But while yes, 4* covers are a little easier to come by, 75% of their acquisition is by random draw, so I've sold just as many of the covers I've pulled off Legendary Tokens as I have added them to my collection. It seems that the only reliable way to cover max a new character is to drop some $$ on their covers, which I was willing to do...until I played the Surfer trial node. Because honestly...what's the point? Any 4* I dump some cash into seems worthless in the face of this new tier of play, and the new one that's been previewed looks just as bad. If these new powerhouses were truly a long term goal, it would be considerably more appealing, but they're not. Giving away a token in the 40 pack makes them purchasable, even if the cost of entry is astronomical, meaning you WILL see them, they will be maxed, and it's going to happen soon. To me, that's just not fun. It takes all of the reasons I stuck with this game for almost 2 years and flips them on their head. Why bother coming up with interesting teams, cool synergies, and exciting combos when a single 5* character can decimate an entire team of 4*s with match damage alone? Why should I dump a stark salary into covering Jean and Iceman when even if I field them at max level, a single 5* team that finds me will walk all over me?

So will I be spending? I don't know, but probably not. The real question I'm faced with right now, is not am I going to spend, but am I going to continue to play at all... icon_e_sad.gif