Anniversary Week Poll..Are you spending HP?

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I am hoarding my Google Play credit for extra HP during Anniversary Week.. may even add some extra $$ if the rewards are worth it.

Let's assume, the tokens, etc.. will be worth the asking price. Are you hoarding HP for it? Preparing to spend $$? Or just going to get what you get during the events?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    For months now I've been sitting on a 10,000 HP buffer (which is where I was when I stopped grinding for top 50 PvE sub finishes regularly) and if the tokens are worth it I'll definitely burn some of that there.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'll spend some on daily tokens as long as their 50hp like ultron was. packs would have to have a very high 4* draw rate for me to pull that trigger.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dropped $20 last year to roster Dino + 1-2 other new characters I got from the pulls, and to cover some of the daily deal expenses. Don't think I'll have to this year, have enough of an HP buffer right now to afford that.

I'll instead hope to hit jackpot on the massive HP prize that I'm assuming we'll be in these anniversary tokens, as they were last year.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Can't tell yet. I have like 400HP and roster slots are up to 950HP, so if I draw a new char I will be panting. Anniversary offer should be really good for me to take.
    Last time I was happy purchasing the 50HP daily tokens has they had a nice chance of granting a Devil Dino... but seeing how it became a low-tier, unsupported character i mostly regret it now icon_e_sad.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 1500 HP saved up, but when I get Dino in 5 days from the daily rewards... 900 will disappear to roster him.

that leaves me 600 plus whatever I can earn during the next couple of weeks... and if they release a new character during Anniversary I may only have just enough to roster that guy...

If its a good sale, I may have to convince my wife to let me drop some money on some HP... (whipping sound)
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I have a 23K HP accumulated entirely through playing the game. . . more than a Stark's Salary worth! I resolved about a month ago not to spend any of it until Anniversary Week. If I still have HP at the end of the week, I start spending it on 4* covers so I can do the 4* DDQ node more often.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    If there's a sale, I'll buy some and drop it on some 50HP tokens. Otherwise, I'm HP poor.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will carry on as usual. Being F2P and roster slots costing 750HP+ any and all hero points earned shall being going towards those.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been floating in the 4000-5000 HP range... it used to be 5000-6000 but started using shields to hit the 1000 point 4*s around the mid-summer (and am sitting on a Taco Token backlog). Otherwise, I have not spent real money since at least the Alliance Slot refund.

I am probably going to make a purchase at some level for Anniversary week beyond Daily Deals on tokens.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got close to 5k in the bank, and I've been holding onto it. That will likely go into whatever comes on offer for the anniversary. I've wanted to buy HP for a goodly while now, but I'm waiting to see what the inevitable sale is like. I may just plunk down for a Stark Salary or Asgard Treasure. Last year was very much worth it for me. Of course my roster is in a very different place now, so we'll see. Either way I am almost 100% going to finally pay the devs back for all the entertainment I've had over the last year and a half.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Depending whats on offer I'll spend.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    In general I spend a little on the game each month - I'm in a top 25 pvp alliance, hitting 1k each round, but with rostering new characters etc, I spend a bit more Hp than I can earn currently on shields. This can probably improve as I get better 4*, so fewer hits and so on.

However, if it's anything like last year, I will spend some $ for whoever the new token character is, plus packs. Really hoping I can also get more Dino covers, I'm only at a 2-2-2 I think from last year, and I would love to pull him closer to finished.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    If there's a sale, I'll happily buy some HP that week. Otherwise/additionally, I'll absolutely be spending whatever HP I have saved by then on Anniversary Tokens throughout the week (beyond the 50 HP once a day sale), as I regret not doing so last anniversary to finish off Devil Dino right away.

(Although, my hope is that Devil Dino will be added to the standard 4* token pool as of that week, with a new anniversary character taking his place for a year of exclusivity.)
  • I plan on feigning outrage at some ill perceived slight at character art and threaten to quit.
  • If it's a double HP sale I'm gonna drop a Benjamin icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I had about 5k in the bank but I had to roster Jean Grey, Carnage, The Thing and Iceman in the last two weeks.

I don't plan on spending money unless there is something specially worthwile.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Improved draw chances aren't a strong motivator for me so I doubt I'll spend anything during anniversary week.

If we see something insane like 25% off roster slot costs or 50% off cover purchases then I'll pretty much spend all my HP on it.
    Doubt we'll see anything like that...nor am I even sure that would be 'fair' on the players.
  • I'm hoping there will be some kind of sale, I got a best buy coupon that I used for a Google play card.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have plunked down some small puchases in the past, but with SS out there I don't like the way the game looks to be headed, ergo I've closed my wallet, ergo likely no HP to spend during the Anniversary.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is hoping they see this and toss us a HP sale, it appears they will make some $$!