PVE: Simulator (September 24-28)

Options

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Break time for me. I have none of the essentials anyway, a first since the 2*/3*/4* format started.

Maybe I'll try a late bracket snipe to see I can score an easy She-Hulk or two, but that'll be it.
  • So this marks losing for the 12th time.... I quit. When Deadpool gets 40 red AP in one turn and can out of bullets my roster into oblivion on turn 2, there's no point. 36 AP takes out two characters and caused Hulk to Anger spaz into Deadpool going to X-Enforcer killing him off. Also somehow Thing got a Yancy Street Special while i'm being destroyed.

Just gonna grind the easy nodes to 0 and take the table scraps because this ain't goin anywhere...
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat DP Thing Storm node with Cyclops IF Doom. Let IF fist whittle down DP while I stockpiled pink and blue and was able to make a mostly black board to finish off DP then cyclobombed Thing then Storm
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat Thing/Storm/Deadpool with Steve/IM40/Witch. A boosted DrOct team up did 1,300 per special tile on the swap, so their hailstorm basically let me one-shot anyone. Otherwise, I stunned Deadpool, while throwing shields at the Thing until he no longer had the highest HP. A hard node, but less frustrating than Prof X/Jean/Cyclops...at least for me.
  • I'm glad I've been working on other games, because node examples like the thing / DP / Storm , combined with the fact that the developers can't fix simple issues like the game crashing has done a wonderful job of destroying and goodwill the game ever had. Mandating a wide range of 2 3 and 4 star characters to be competitive in the ham fisted events is the icing on the cake.
  • I managed to brute force 6 and 7 with IF/Cmags/bp. Not very pretty, but got the job done. Came out of 6 fairly unscathed, but 7 brought me down to <1k health on each.

For 6, first take down JG while denying cyc's colors - battleplan, attack tile, and mags' powers will make quick work of her. Make sure to save up purple for after she's down. Then take out cyclops (a couple of fists will do the trick or RoTP if he's low enough) and PX is an easy target.

For 7, I basically focused my attacks on Thing to keep his health the lowest, switching to XDP for some abilities that might have triggered X-enforcer. Try not to fire off too many damage powers on Thing, unless you've got enough purple for a couple K'un-Luns, which can help take care of the X-enforcers. I ended up with enough black for RoTP twice, which took out those two. Storm was just awful though - I ate a couple hailstorms, and basically had to race to the finish. Luckily got enough red to fire off a polarizing force for the win. Not sure how I should have tackled this one, especially since I was low on other healthy characters. But that shouldn't be an issue because there's no way I'm grinding this for the leg token. icon_lol.gif
  • I managed to brute force 6 and 7 with IF/Cmags/bp. Not very pretty, but got the job done. Came out of 6 fairly unscathed, but 7 brought me down to <1k health on each.

For 6, first take down JG while denying cyc's colors - battleplan, attack tile, and mags' powers will make quick work of her. Make sure to save up purple for after she's down. Then take out cyclops (a couple of fists will do the trick or RoTP if he's low enough) and PX is an easy target.

For 7, I basically focused my attacks on Thing to keep his health the lowest, switching to XDP for some abilities that might have triggered X-enforcer. Try not to fire off too many damage powers on Thing, unless you've got enough purple for a couple K'un-Luns, which can help take care of the X-enforcers. I ended up with enough black for RoTP twice, which took out those two. Storm was just awful though - I ate a couple hailstorms, and basically had to race to the finish. Luckily got enough red to fire off a polarizing force for the win. Not sure how I should have tackled this one, especially since I was low on other healthy characters. But that shouldn't be an issue because there's no way I'm grinding this for the leg token. icon_lol.gif

On level 07 ( the most tailor made unfair setup) I used wolv Xforce, cage, steve rogers. With a stunned DP I hit thing with righteous uppercut and other ready powers, killing him. Next XF DP was killed, then finally storm was dealt with. My magneto is pinned as is my IF, but my BP is only moderately upgraded and his ROTP is only at 3..
  • Not having any problems so far. I have just completed my second full clear and have oneshot that 7th node twice (mobs at lvl 256 for the first clear and at 281 for the second). First time I went with Cage/Hood/OBW, it took forever but the ai never got a move off other then their teamup. Second time I went with Cage/Fist/Hood and that made things so much faster, if a whole lot riskier. I could not prevent all moves there and Cage ate a Clobbering time and Deadpool got off his purple.

Seriously though, no matter what the node, if it is giving me trouble I throw Cage/Hood/OBW at it. Watch the opponents ap like a hawk, try to always have enough purple for an immediate aggressive recon and hide behind Cages' protect tile until you get enough yellow/black to take out and/or stun. (My Cage is 3/5/5, stun on black is essential for this setup.)
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I beat the DP/Mohawk/Thing node quite comfortably with a Cyclops/LCap/Loki team. Deny the enemy of their cheapest colours, i.e. purpletile.png for DPs Countdown for What?, blacktile.png for Mohawk's power (the name escapes me) and generally just amassing as much AP as possible. Stun DP, trigger Thing's yellowflag.png flip the protect tiles and then you go to town in an ugly way. There's some RNG involved, but it's a somewhat reliable strategy.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was able to defeat the last node relatively easily with xforce/cyclops/doc ock. I started on dpool but quite early only in the match storm hit her black but I had enough blue for doc ock plus I have his blue at 5 that it downed thing in 1 go. and as it was quite early on in the match the damage from dpool black was not so bad after that it was pretty straight forward, btw my xf was 320/ cyc 200 and doc ock 187. The enemies were all lvl 258
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Break time for me. I have none of the essentials anyway, a first since the 2*/3*/4* format started.

Maybe I'll try a late bracket snipe to see I can score an easy She-Hulk or two, but that'll be it.

Did this for the Venom Heroic, played about 10 minutes and bagged a T94 finish.
    Don't think i can be bothered with this one either, back to sniping late brackets then even if it means missing Legendary tokens
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Krongle wrote:
    I beat the DP/Mohawk/Thing node quite comfortably with a Cyclops/LCap/Loki team. Deny the enemy of their cheapest colours, i.e. purpletile.png for DPs Countdown for What?, blacktile.png for Mohawk's power (the name escapes me) and generally just amassing as much AP as possible. Stun DP, trigger Thing's yellowflag.png flip the protect tiles and then you go to town in an ugly way. There's some RNG involved, but it's a somewhat reliable strategy.

Cleared it 3x now with Loki/Mags/Cage. AP denial, force out Things shields.. convert them with trickery.. then it just goes fast. I kept a 5 cover Doc Oc Manipulation TU on tap just in case storm got a hail off, but haven't needed it yet.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Finally just managed to clear node 7 with Loki/Lcap/OBW it was very long! Not least because my cap is pretty underpowered on red so didn't trigger the Thing so I couldn't flip the protect tiles with Loki but I stunned and stunned and Agressively Reconned and Mischiefed my way to victory with Loki finishing on 1hp after having been on 8hp for about 10 rounds. They were all level 157 for me. This was about my 5th attempt so thank you for all the top tips everyone icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2nd sub seemed a lot more manageable to me today. Was able to get through the 4* nodes pretty comfortably with Mystique/Xwolv/CapMarvel Cap marvel surprising me the most here. Even tho XWolv is boosted a 100 levels over her, she's still tanking the yellow for him. And her quick red took out any shield tiles the Thing, CapFalcon or Mr Fantastic laid down. (The extra black generation was nice too). When I get some excess ISO, I'll have to boost her up since I'll be using XWolv more for the future as I do my stunning and brave transition to the 4* realm. (which is still going to take a while.)
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What teams worked well for final ISO node? (2nd round)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What teams worked well for final ISO node? (2nd round)

Looking at your roster link, the Xwolv/Mystique/Cap M team I beat it with won't work. The biggest thing to be concerned about is that all three (Thing/Mr Fantastic/IW, if I'm remembering right) can lay down defense tiles. With that in mind, maybe use Daredevil/Hulk/Grey Suit BW? Daredevil to take out the tiles and hulk to feed BW's Sniper Rifle (and shake up the board)

Or maybe Shehulk/Blade/Hood, to just try and to keep them from launching an active? That could turn bad with just one cascade though.

And they have a Rage of the Panther TU, so mind those tiles too.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yesterday was a bear. I wiped seven times in the first two clears (though none in the last two, thankfully, though I didn't try the last node in those clears). For comparison, I didn't wipe a single time in the last three or four PvE's (whole events, not subs. The Doom/Mystique nodes at the end of MR&G were the only ones that got close. Wait, I take that back... I wiped twice against Carnage). I also had two or three more that barely missed. Ugly.

Got through the Thing/DP4/Mohawk on the first try with Lcap/OBW/Loki. Build up, controlling purple, until enough AP for red and blue shields, both hitting DP4. Trigger Thing, steal his shields, go to town. I made two mistakes (one was not realizing that attacking DP4 and having Thing jump in the way was going to trigger X-Enforcer, the other was just a brainfart where I attacked DP4 instead of Thing, triggering his yellow a second time); without them, I think I would've won easily. Wiped on my second try, though, when I somehow forgot to use OBW and DP4 got off his purple.

The Jean, PX, Cyclops node wasn't all that bad, except when I got accidental match-5s coming out of cascades. Used Lcap, SWitch, and OBW (and got lucky once or twice when SW's blue counter popped; had to try to keep from having too much purple around it).

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who found it hideously bad, overall. I was so irritated at the end of second "clear" that I was almost ready to give up on the whole event. The only good things about it were somehow ending up top-10 (with only about 9k, which makes me wonder if there are going to be a lot fewer legendaries coming out of this event than usual), and getting a DP4 X-Enforcer out of the token.

Today's was much easier.

Top node wasn't even that bad (sooth he, before wiping on second clear icon_e_wink.gif ); used Cyclops (2-3-5, 114), Iron Fist (2-5-4 120; anxiously waiting for IF black day on DDQ in a few days), and Loki (4-2-5 98). Cyke red on Mr Fan to Loki black, then go to town.

I actually sweated more on the essentials (X-Force being 0-0-1 doesn't help, and I didn't have a Doc Ock blue until I finished the clear either) than on the bigger nodes.

I hope they aren't going to try to make the third day worse than the first.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow, Illiana,

Cage/Hood/OBW on that node, first time through. Yeah, it's slow, but no problems at all. Thanks!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yesterday was a bear. I wiped seven times in the first two clears (though none in the last two, thankfully, though I didn't try the last node in those clears). For comparison, I didn't wipe a single time in the last three or four PvE's (whole events, not subs. The Doom/Mystique nodes at the end of MR&G were the only ones that got close. Wait, I take that back... I wiped twice against Carnage). I also had two or three more that barely missed. Ugly.

Got through the Thing/DP4/Mohawk on the first try with Lcap/OBW/Loki. Build up, controlling purple, until enough AP for red and blue shields, both hitting DP4. Trigger Thing, steal his shields, go to town. I made two mistakes (one was not realizing that attacking DP4 and having Thing jump in the way was going to trigger X-Enforcer, the other was just a brainfart where I attacked DP4 instead of Thing, triggering his yellow a second time); without them, I think I would've won easily. Wiped on my second try, though, when I somehow forgot to use OBW and DP4 got off his purple.

The Jean, PX, Cyclops node wasn't all that bad, except when I got accidental match-5s coming out of cascades. Used Lcap, SWitch, and OBW (and got lucky once or twice when SW's blue counter popped; had to try to keep from having too much purple around it).

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who found it hideously bad, overall. I was so irritated at the end of second "clear" that I was almost ready to give up on the whole event. The only good things about it were somehow ending up top-10 (with only about 9k, which makes me wonder if there are going to be a lot fewer legendaries coming out of this event than usual), and getting a DP4 X-Enforcer out of the token.

Today's was much easier.

Top node wasn't even that bad (sooth he, before wiping on second clear icon_e_wink.gif ); used Cyclops (2-3-5, 114), Iron Fist (2-5-4 120; anxiously waiting for IF black day on DDQ in a few days), and Loki (4-2-5 98). Cyke red on Mr Fan to Loki black, then go to town.

I actually sweated more on the essentials (X-Force being 0-0-1 doesn't help, and I didn't have a Doc Ock blue until I finished the clear either) than on the bigger nodes.

I hope they aren't going to try to make the third day worse than the first.

I'd love to get my hands on some DP4* tokens, only got two covers both for out of ammo.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've only taken one crack at the Jean/Cyclops/PX node, but the strangest thing happened - I tried to take them down with DD/Cage/IF, took out Jean pretty quickly and then focused on Cyclops. He was stunned by Billy Club, then PX went into Blind Spot. Somehow, while he was still stunned (or at the least the GUI said he was) he called Mutant Revolution (creating a match-5 for PX to wipe out IF), Optic and Full Blast (taking out Cage) all while the game showed him being stunned...anyone seen anything like this before?

Needless to say, even though DD took out Cyclops with an ambush relocate when it was finally my turn again, PX had upgraded the special tiles he put down on Cyclops' move so much that a match-3 did like 2K in damage, and DD didn't last long.