New Phone? Remember To Back-Up Your Game!

13»

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Making a fake FB account

Facebook is still able to use geo-location to correlate account access over the course of the day for a multitude of other users and cross-reference based on neighborhood, shops, sports, place-of-work, etc. with Facebook accounts held by members of family, co-workers, etc. until they've narrowed things down to you.

The only way to prevent that is to never give them a unique ID they could use to track you: no account, no cookies, and no other material by which they'd be able to fingerprint you. To achieve that, you need to block any and all access to any domain or IP address held by Facebook, so that you are never in contact with them.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Unable to log in to Facebook at this time.
    Please try again later.

Anyone else getting this error ??
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    gmp72 wrote:
    Please try again later.

I got the error, but once that screen closes, the game is working as normal.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    gmp72 wrote:
    Please try again later.

Facebook login is having issues. It invisibly tries again in the background as you play and keeps your friends list cached, so you'll still be able to send and receive gifts till it syncs again.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny story: my phone died.

I've got myself a replacement, but here's the thing: the FTUE is terrible and can't be skipped. Also, guess what? If you don't finish it in one sitting you get to start all over again when you try to resume. You guys seriously need to fire anyone and everyone who was involved in this.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    So to access my account on my new phone, do I hit the load button or the cancel button when it says there is a conflict?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So to access my account on my new phone, do I hit the load button or the cancel button when it says there is a conflict?

Load.