Tired of getting hit while in a match

2»

Comments

• I'm not so sure this is true.. this makes our rank potentially very dependent by our roster. If we're not using a maxed 4* team, those who have could always target us, despite having lower points to offer.. because.. easy points, right?
    Are you familiar with the game mechanics we have now? There are two main groups, newbie and veteran, and they already like what you describe. The best rosters grab the best ranks, yet joining a new bracket can alleviate that. They can beat you but you are not competing with them for the prizes. Also you can NOT target all point ranges, there's a limit to who you can attack.

And if you are shielded, what's the problem? Even if not, when hopping at 900ish to get 1k I'd rather be hit by a guy on 1500 and see it being eaten by a huge cascade by the AI and get some points (or lose 1-2pts if he wins) than being hit by a guy on 300-400 during my hop and lose 60s.
  • OK, let's do this.
    but there are different categories of "veterans", some who are hardened and have joined top alliances, some who are casual. I may not want to and couldn't compete with them for a top 10 prize anyway, there were a number of times last season when I hit 1000 but ranked outside of top50 (once almost out of top100, i think..), which is fine by me. I would rather get that 4*, than bet on a late bracket, and miss that 1000
    Once you are in the veteran brackets there's no turning back. It doesn't matters if you are a T1 player or T100, the game will match you with the same people.
    I still get hit by someone with 0 points when i was around 600 points or more.. people at the top of the leaderboard, can be hit by a lot more people than someone ranked around 50-60.. so, it seems the limit is quite flexible at the moment.
    -snip-
    That happens because those guys queued you beforehand, the game doesn't removes you from their queues because you surpassed the point they can re-queue you.
    i dislike getting my game interrupted by attack notifications.., i shield more to avoid getting attacked, than just simply to protect my points.. when i didn't use any shields, the number of interruptions during my end of sub grind was upsetting.. especially as I was still using my 2*s, and I got attacked by 3*s with no chance of retaliating.. even now, i still wonder why people would attack me just 30 minutes or 1 hour before my sub ended.. i could've sworn, sometimes they're in the same alliance as my competitors for top placements icon_lol.gif I mentioned somewhere before, if we're unlucky and got attacked frequently, we won't even have any time to play uninterrupted
    This comes to preference. I personally hate the progression reward pop-ups when I'm rushing to reach a certain point like the 900 and 950 pop-ups coming when I'm, well, at 900/950, which is quite hight and easy to be seen by the other guys hitting 1k.
    this is true and i agree with you. but why did you make this comment? i'm not sure whether any of my previous comments could suggest i wouldn't prefer this too?
    To illustrate the real issue. The problem isn't the ones that can curbstomp you but the ones at your level or slightly better that can see you. They are the ones you should worry about. Someone at 1k cant see the 2k+ people, just like a 300 ish can't see a 1k player unless he had pre-queued him.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Someone at 1k cant see the 2k+ people, just like a 300 ish can't see a 1k player unless he had pre-queued him.

This is extremely important. As soon as you shield.. start looking for targets. Targets in top alliances, targets you know will climb later.. what looks like a 45 point match now, could possible be worth 74 when it is your time to hop. If you cannot find anything right off.. check back in occasionally.. skipping through matches to find good ones may cost a little bit of iso.. but the rewards are worth it.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Here's the thing that bothers me. A few months back, in addition to changing the scoring formula by giving 50% more points on successful hits, the developers also eliminated the points band. So a guy w/ 0 points could theoretically target a 1,000 point player, and grab 75 points.

Nowadays, it's a hit or miss in finding targets w/ large point differential compared to, say, 2 seasons ago. So I'm wondering if D3 did a stealth nerf in re-introducing the points band, to make players hit targets more closer to their point value. That would require longer engagement by players to reach progression rewards, use more shields & heals, etc.
  • Yeah I remember that, right after seed teams we could see some very high score players for max points then after a few skips we started seeing the same level players.