Burnt-out.

2»

Comments

• I contemplated going back to PvE for about a minute despite the ridiculous grind, but ultimately realized that I wouldn't have the necessary HP or roster slots if I did manage to win a 4* or 5* I don't already own, so that was about it for that thought.

DBC
  • After R&G and the massive failure in that, I burned out on PVE. PVE was all I did. Finally enough play and some whaling have me close to a worthwhile PVP roster. I play DDQ daily to get my 3 stars up to 166.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Played the last 2 PvE for the Legendary and it was depressing.

Have almost every 3* max covered and other than 2/3 the rest will be done in DDQ.
    Huge ISO shortage, need to find a way to hit 1k and then 1.3k as there is pretty much nothing else to keep me in the game. So it's back to Legendary grinding on the PvE......

It's a time sink game with not very much in the way of true skill, so with the pokemon factor shrinking the fun factor is reducing.

Gotta catch em all.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    It's the PVEs, they make the game monotonous and repetitive. They are the burnout, everything else isn't so bad.
  • pve is the worst. just forget it.
  • Lee T wrote:
    My current regimen is :

PVE: grind to legendary then depending on ranking grind some more or not. Skip one from time to time for sanity. It used to be "grind to max progression and then..." so that is twice the amount I'm used to. That may lead to burn out especially if my 4* do little better than now.

DDQ : everyday but I don't bother with DDQ 4* it clearly wasn't meant for me.

PVP : I do not care for PVP so it's last hour/45min aiming for a score between 400/650. I'm off as soon as I reach the 10 pack progression reward.

Shield Sim : go up to the last interesting 3* and give up.

I'm in a similar boat except I go up to the 3* in PVE. In the Sim I try desperately for 2000 pts but the beatdowns around 1700 is too much.