Burnt-out.

limonade
limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Holy Cow. So be careful. I tried doing three things a couple of days ago. PvP, PvE, and DDQ (4* included)

In PvP, I started at #200 reached #6 and ended it at #150 (it was super disappointing and bad timing on my part)

In DDQ, I managed to finish all my nodes.

In PvE, I went up to 22,000 points until I realized I needed 20,000 more to get the legendary token.

At that point, I gave up... there's only so much grinding a person can do. (And I've been doing it for almost 400 days straight) Needless to say, I burnt myself out, yesterday. I don't know to how many people this has happened too. I just hit my limit last night after seeing my placement in PvP. All my rewards have been 2*s even though I'm looking for more 3+*s. It's a great game... but too much of it, sucks the fun out of the game.

I'm probably going to return to MPQ in a few days doing a few easy missions again but the days where I'm doing all three to maximize my deck building is gone.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    limonade wrote:
    Holy Cow. So be careful. I tried doing three things a couple of days ago. PvP, PvE, and DDQ (4* included)

In PvP, I started at #200 reached #6 and ended it at #150 (it was super disappointing and bad timing on my part)

In PvE, I went up to 22,000 points until I realized I needed 20,000 more to get the legendary token.

At that point, I gave up... there's only so much grinding a person can do. (And I've been doing it for almost 400 days straight) Needless to say, I burnt myself out, yesterday. I don't know to how many people this has happened too. I just hit my limit last night after seeing my placement in PvP. All my rewards have been 2*s even though I'm looking for more 3+*s. It's a great game... but too much of it, sucks the fun out of the game.

I'm probably going to return to MPQ in a few days doing a few easy missions again but the days where I'm doing all three to maximize my deck building is gone.

could never get into DDQ just get the tacos thats it.
    pvp only join with 80 mins left
    PVE about to pull the plug on one of my accounts it was fun but once you got a lot of the 3 stars fully cover cover wise, Grinding to double the amount just for a single 4 star no longer worth it
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's hard to do all three. best to do ddq, and pick one other. whichever has better rewards.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    jredd wrote:
    it's hard to do all three. best to do ddq, and pick one other. whichever has better rewards.

Yeah. Well it was a classic case of "looking to have it all and ending up nothing" Because at one point while I was doing PvE and I would get 4-5 notification of me being attacked in PvP. I would break from PvE, go to PvP, pick and choose my battles, then go back to PvE, only to repeat the process over and over again. I was doing this all day with a 4 hour break to let my health grow a bit and phone recharge. That night exhausted from gem matching I swear began to not even see patterns anymore and just mindlessly match whatever and losing every match.

Lol. At that point, I just tossed my phone to the side and slept. Let me open up to you guys a bit though: The dream I had that night, was about me being Spider-man and the only way to defeat Carnage was to get a critical tile in a box full of gems. But I could not find any in a box full of gems. Time was closing in and before I knew what I had before my eyes were the words Game Over... or so I "thought" it said, I couldn't really read for **** in dreams but the implication was there. I woke up and felt that I was done with the game, at least for now.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    my roster isn't good enough for pvp yet. i stick with pve as my main focus. all you have to do is play the clears and you'll make progression.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    jredd wrote:

Agreed. For a long time, we've been able to play everything in MPQ. I think the game is slowly moving to a model where we'll be forced to pick and choose which events we want to play based on the rewards we want. I've had the same issue, trying to play PvE where I normally wouldn't for the Legendary token, plus DDQ and PvP. The Iso shortage isn't helping either - playing PvE is really helping to bolster my Iso reserves for levelling my 4*s before each 4* DDQ node day.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Just PvE is exhausting now. I used to push hard on 4*s and take it easy the rest of the time. Now it's legendary tokens every time, and placing in 4* events is insane.
  • rdevil32
    rdevil32 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    yes indeed, i felt the same as well in chasing the legendary tokens (have accmulated 5 thus far woot) and also iceman. have decided to break from the heroics and just focus on red shift, and leave the grinding to those hardcore players, whom i am certain they have at least 36 hours a day...
  • limonade wrote:

I felt the same a few weeks ago, so don't sweat it! I took a little break during the hulk and since I work for a school, it helps that classes have started lol.

But I must say, every time I decide to quit the game, it knows how to suck me back in! I've gotten 3 nick furys this past week (still lost to magneto haha) so he's at 10 covers now AND I got silver surfer!

Playing less has definitely been good to me so don't feel down on yourself! I've found that regressing to doing minimum has still let me get the rewards I need.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've ran into a similar issue recently as well chasing after the Legendary tokens. Trying to do well in both pVe and pVp takes a lot of work, time organization, luck and a good grasp of the mechanics for both game modes. Although I wanted to shoot for 1300 in the last pVp, I couldn't manage to scrounge up the time as I was in a death bracket for pVe and have RL duties.

Definitely monitoring my burnout levels in the quest for the SS covers lol
    It is good to take a break every now and then to catch one's breath so enjoy it limonade!
  • I have to actively resist to play in Venom: Heroic for that shiny Legendary token because I know full well burn-out is real, having just come off from 4 days top 10 finish in Meet R&G.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    My current regimen is :

PVE: grind to legendary then depending on ranking grind some more or not. Skip one from time to time for sanity. It used to be "grind to max progression and then..." so that is twice the amount I'm used to. That may lead to burn out especially if my 4* do little better than now.

DDQ : everyday but I don't bother with DDQ 4* it clearly wasn't meant for me.

PVP : I do not care for PVP so it's last hour/45min aiming for a score between 400/650. I'm off as soon as I reach the 10 pack progression reward.

Shield Sim : go up to the last interesting 3* and give up.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Lee T wrote:
    My current regimen is :

PVE: grind to legendary then depending on ranking grind some more or not. Skip one from time to time for sanity. It used to be "grind to max progression and then..." so that is twice the amount I'm used to. That may lead to burn out especially if my 4* do little better than now.

PVP : I do not care for PVP so it's last hour/45min aiming for a score between 400/650. I'm off as soon as I reach the 10 pack progression reward.

Did I write this without realizing it?? This is nearly exactly my MPQ experience.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Boommike wrote:
    Lee T wrote:
    My current regimen is :

Did I write this without realizing it?? This is nearly exactly my MPQ experience.
    SAME HERE!
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Mine is just DDQ and skipping the TBE node if I don't need it.
    Haven't bothered with the 4* DDQ.
    Burned out months ago and really haven't found much desire to come back at all.
  • Adding the crazy grind legendary reward to EVERY PvE event is tough. I almost always skip these Heroic events, but with a legendary on the line I feel like I should try.......but it's just so much work!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was looking forward to the next 7-day so I could take off but looks like next week will be a 4/3 schedule. will probably still take the 4-day off through the weekend and work on shield sim.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legendary tokens almost -almost- made me think of running PVE for the first time in eight months or so.

But all the new 4* characters have made sure I often go in on the last 24 hours and do that grind - and that one day of grind every two weeks reminds me that PVE was driving me to quit the game. It demands you play on the game's time: the other modes mostly allow you to play on your time.

But without wanting to do the crazy time requirements for PVE legendary token progression, or wanting to do the crazy money requirements it would take for me to hit 1300 PVP legendary token progression regularly....I can tell the burn out soon will be I'll be vastly out-paced in a land of 5*'s by folks that will be willing to make one of those two intense (time/money) commitments.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I got pretty burnt out before doing what you're doing, then I stopped doing PvE. It's amazing how much difference that made. I tried to do PvE again when legendary tokens dropped, but I couldn't do it - just doing each node 3 times a day felt awful and I burnt out quickly again.
  • Agreed. I just don't feel that the rewards are really that attainable. I haven't pulled anything but health packs and 2* from the DDQ Vaults in about 2 months. PVP is all about the node you get into, PVE you have to grind, grind, grind.

I play for the challenge of that reward, but the rewards just don't make it worth it.

It's all about dangling that carrot, but sometimes you have to let the horse GET the carrot so that he's reminded of why he wants the carrot in the first place.

I just log in, play the DDQ (if it's a 3* I need - which are quickly dwindling), get my daily play reward (thanks for the standard token, REALLY needed that) and then bail. I might play a PVP node if it's the weekend.

I enjoy coming to the forum more than I do actually playing the game. Burnout? Yup, that pretty much sums it up.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    This heroic is getting me feeling burnt out. Bleh.