Invisible Woman's opponent, place your bets (updated)

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc Oc, he is the perfect counter, an AoE, Attack tiles when matching her shields, and a board shake to deal with her invis tile.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had to pick the evilest opponent to Invisible Woman, it would be Daredevil.

Dude would just detonate all your protect tiles in your face, then keep you stunned, then slowly, ever so slowly, punch you until you die.

And to add insult to injury, his magical team-up tile would be Righteous Uppercut.
  • Malcrof
    pheregas wrote:
    If I had to pick the evilest opponent to Invisible Woman, it would be Daredevil.

Dude would just detonate all your protect tiles in your face, then keep you stunned, then slowly, ever so slowly, punch you until you die.

And to add insult to injury, his magical team-up tile would be Righteous Uppercut.

all once you invis, will be useless.. radar sense will not destroy an invis tile. ..
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

all once you invis, will be useless.. radar sense will not destroy an invis tile. ..

Good point. Better stock up on yellow tiles and deny blue!
  • Malcrof
    pheregas wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

Good point. Better stock up on yellow tiles and deny blue!

actually, i don't think you can stun her while invis.. only an AoE w/ Stun would do the trick.

The funniest part of these threads.. if D3 has any questions on who to pit her against, we sure did give them loads of great ideas for making the fight hard!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can also see captain Marvel as an opponent since she could destroy sues protect tiles. Quicksilver might win it though as you really need IW blue to make her green work.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I can also see captain Marvel as an opponent since she could destroy sues protect tiles. Quicksilver might win it though as you really need IW blue to make her green work.
    and you need green to make her blue of any use....says the guy with 2/2/- IW
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    thor.

while Invisibility is a neat trick that could work, it will be tough against Thor. Mjolnir Might will create 8 yellow tiles near your Invisibility tile, forcing you to lose it. green denial will be key, since Call the Storm is AOE.

His team up will be Inhuman Stretchiness or Deceptive Tactics. or an AOE attack
  • GreenGiant
    GreenGiant Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2015
    Assuming the character shares two of three colors with IW and has an AoE attack (to get around Sue's invisibility), the options are:

icon_beast.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_vision.png

I think Beast, BP, or She-Hulk could be fun. That said, I think they're going QS.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kinda hope it's QS, despite the potential for cascade ****, because that will be an interesting “puzzle” match. Moderate your blue matching and make sure you can fire green right after locking a bunch of tiles. Also, the potential for nailbiters where there are 10+ locked tiles on the board but you've kept all the blue unmatchable....honestly, it sounds really fun.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:

No the evilest would be she hulk. Flips her protect tiles. Steals her ap. And her red will hit her while invis.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    thor.

while Invisibility is a neat trick that could work, it will be tough against Thor. Mjolnir Might will create 8 yellow tiles near your Invisibility tile, forcing you to lose it. green denial will be key, since Call the Storm is AOE.

Call the Storm is no longer a traditional AOE. It needs a target, and in fact will not activate unless there is a target, which is unlike other single target abilities when there is an invis character in the mix. So Thor doesn't have anything that can hurt an invis character.
  • Malcrof
    Konman wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    thor.

Call the Storm is no longer a traditional AOE. It needs a target, and in fact will not activate unless there is a target, which is unlike other single target abilities when there is an invis character in the mix. So Thor doesn't have anything that can hurt an invis character.

CTS and Carnage's red have been fixed, the AoE should be firing first now, with the direct damage portion second, so if an invisible character is the only one left, they will take the AoE damage only.
  • GreenGiant wrote:
    Assuming the character shares two of three colors with IW and has an AoE attack (to get around Sue's invisibility), the options are:

icon_beast.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_vision.png

I think Beast, BP, or She-Hulk could be fun. That said, I think they're going QS.

You forgot Sentry! He is actually my bet for this one. After that Im agreeing with either Thor, She-Hulk or Quicksilver.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Judging from the history of the comic -- especially the early history -- the most logical antagonist for Sue would be Reed... icon_e_smile.gif
  • GreenGiant
    GreenGiant Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    CafeMaia wrote:
    GreenGiant wrote:

icon_beast.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_vision.png

You forgot Sentry! He is actually my bet for this one. After that Im agreeing with either Thor, She-Hulk or Quicksilver.

Thanks! I'll edit the post above.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    thor.

CTS and Carnage's red have been fixed, the AoE should be firing first now, with the direct damage portion second, so if an invisible character is the only one left, they will take the AoE damage only.

Good news, it messed me up in a match once when I thought I was golden. I was fighting a team with PX, thinking the whole time that my Thor was going to cancel out the invis...was quite surprised to say the least. Glad they fixed it.
  • Malcrof
    We will have our answers in the morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Felt appropriate.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    A no-prize each to the 6 who guessed Quicksilver.

Doctor Doom was the most popular choice, with nearly 40% of the vote.