PVE Heroic: Venom (September 21-25)

Options
13»

Comments

• Surprised I haven't seen much mention of cap + IM40. I've only got 1 yellow on IM40, so he's a good red battery; 2 yellow matches and 1 red and Steve's already got a shield charged up. Usually throw in torch, who works surprisingly well - yellow's cheap enough to avoid much damage from his black, and you can toss out a shield to protect the blue. No purple coverage, but otherwise pretty good; got me through the second sub clears w/o packs.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surprised I haven't seen much mention of cap + IM40. I've only got 1 yellow on IM40, so he's a good red battery; 2 yellow matches and 1 red and Steve's already got a shield charged up. Usually throw in torch, who works surprisingly well - yellow's cheap enough to avoid much damage from his black, and you can toss out a shield to protect the blue. No purple coverage, but otherwise pretty good; got me through the second sub clears w/o packs.
    cap/im40/obw and cage/torch/obw are my 2 main teams depending on the number of goons involved.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Even with AP boost, and Peacemaker at 5, I can't get stun built up in time to beat the 4 Yellow that starts the Carnage beatdown.

I'm referring to the "Carnage Rules" node. What are the two nodes after like? More Carnage garbage?

The node after that is The Odd Trio, with Carnage/Venom/Doc Oct. Fun with cheapo stuns triggering attack tiles, then doc oct passive attack tiles while you wait! Thankfully I got my leg token after the Carnage Rules node so I'm done with this PVE and it's carnage shenanigans.

Well, finally bit the bullet and levelled up all my 3's. With 166 Human Torch and 127 Cap, 140 She Hulk, it was a cinch to finish the last 3 nodes. Did not notice any scaling problems
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whomever thought Carnage, Muscle and Lieutenant would make a good node is a real tinykitty of the highest order. This is asinine.

In a heroic no less. Such ridiculousness.
  • YtsejamHP
    YtsejamHP Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Question for y'all..

What do you have as a Venom: Heroic event pack type?
    I had the normal Heroic type packs but my friend has a Vault (with 80 items) set as theirs. Which is the correct one? I wouldn't mind a 1/80 shot at an Ice Man or Leg. token.
  • YtsejamHP
    YtsejamHP Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Both are correct, if we get the vault now, we'll likely get the normal tokens in Iceman's event.

Thanks! So to clarify, and pardon for making you repeat yourself, but that means I'll have the vault next PVE? (Excluding the Simulator).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i had a 1 in 80 chance for a iceman what i got was 4 2 star torch and another 2 star.. at least on normal tokens i get a gold once in a while
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    i had a 1 in 80 chance for a iceman what i got was 4 2 star torch and another 2 star.. at least on normal tokens i get a gold once in a while

And I got Jean Grey and Bobby Drake out of 5 tokens.
  • I dropped hp for a total of 29 pulls...no 4*. Helped me with my Cap, though. :-/
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I spent 5.8k hp on 2x10 packs, and 2 dailies. Managed to pull the iceman gr that I was missing (really useful in his essential node), plus the legendary token. The only thing I could use in the vault now is Sammy Wilson yel. I'll pass. icon_mrgreen.gif

Normally wouldn't bother buying vault tokens, but it happened to have the last iceman cover I needed.
  • Open 5 legendary token and 2 repeated. It´s a really mean thing!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hit my 32K this morning without Iceman, Slice 4. There is hope if you can't do Iceman's essential... and less stressful based on the comments.

I've been using LCap, Luke, IM40 (level 100, 1 yellow). Been good so far. Feeding cap for his red to overwrite AND do damage outweighs saving up for Cage's Righteous Uppercut.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Hit my 32K this morning without Iceman, Slice 4. There is hope if you can't do Iceman's essential... and less stressful based on the comments.

I've been using LCap, Luke, IM40 (level 100, 1 yellow). Been good so far. Feeding cap for his red to overwrite AND do damage outweighs saving up for Cage's Righteous Uppercut.

I didn't have Iceman or 2* Torch and managed to finish at 34k while missing the entire first sub, plus I don't exactly let the game rule my life so lots of points went to waste. Cap, 3* Torch and stupid 4 yellow cover IM40 carried me all the way.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

Just finished #10 with 48k with no iceman, so yes it is possible though the caveat should be added that the rewards pretty much suck icon_e_smile.gif I happen to love Doc Oc's blue and only had it at 2 covers so was willing to grind, i say many others with a 4 and 5 cover iceman quit at various points in time after they got past 32k which wouldn't have happened if the rewards were worthwhile.

Lcap/Cage/obw FTW!
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A big thank you to the people in my bracket. I was hovering outside the top 100 heading into the third sub and I finished 41st while only doing 3 clears and double tapping the Cap and Torch essentials (no Iceman). I needed that Doc Ock black to take him to 13 covers. I'm pretty sure it was because people stopped playing after reaching the Legendary, so thank you for hitting the brakes! icon_e_smile.gif