PVE Heroic: Venom (September 21-25)

Options

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

you think that is bad watch in like 3 to 4 months they will drop the 2 and do

5 4 3 and those without the 5s are going to be screwed

Have any of your predictions ever happened?

yes in the year 2020 just got another 5 years to wait and see what came true.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Someone at d3 messed up. Iron man 3 star is listed in the main event as part of the main heroic but the second sub lists him as a reinforcement. This effectively takes away a three star that would have been there for the second sub.

Actually, it gives him more of a buff. The reinforcements are given the same boosts as the featured 3*, though you do lose a possible extra reinforcement.

Was going to say this, but it's a bit of a slap in the face, especially as the 2 star reinforcement isn't usable in one of the nodes due to being an enemy. I basically ended up doing this sub with only Steve Rogers dealing decent damage, since we're basically limited to red moves for direct damage dealing. Luke Cage should be alright to speed things up, but not at a 0/2/2 build he isn't. icon_e_sad.gif
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So in sub 2, since SW is no longer an option, there are no 3* with purpletile.png. If you want full coverage, and don't have Iceman, you have to bring OBW. This is not fun when scaling is so high that she can get one-shot if you're not careful.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    vinnygecko wrote:
    So in sub 2, since SW is no longer an option, there are no 3* with purpletile.png. If you want full coverage, and don't have Iceman, you have to bring OBW. This is not fun when scaling is so high that she can get one-shot if you're not careful.
    If you have him, 2* Magneto should be available for all but one node.. but I agree.. OBW is precious in this sub..

I do have him, but only at level 15 cause I want to wait til he's fully covered before I put ISO into him. I've sold him at least 5 times for the roster spot lol.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The magneto node is such a **** move on whoever deisgns these maps or whoever picks out the characters but doesn't at least control F to make sure they aren't an enemy during the sub.

I have 6 characters to begin with lol. luckily i'm patient, match damage fights remind me of 1 star days

Also, did anyone else not get their rewards from last sub? ( i know it occasionally takes a while but usually not a half hour)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has been by far my least favourite PVE event. My entire roster is locked apart from Steve Rodgers (3 covers) Venom (covered but not levelled), Iron Man (lvl 50) and OBW (11 covers lvl 70) and MNMagneto (9 covers lvl70)? It's been an event of grinding for me. Luckily I did have Jonny Storm which meant I could attempt 2 of the 3 featured nodes. Final day and 9000 points to go for the legendary token.

Would've been nice to use at least one of the characters I've spent the last 400 hours improving....
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Final day and 9000 points to go for the legendary token.

If you can grind out 23k points the past 2 subs w/ that limited roster, you can make that last 9k. No worries. icon_cool.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    Final day and 9000 points to go for the legendary token.

If you can grind out 23k points the past 2 subs w/ that limited roster, you can make that last 9k. No worries. icon_cool.gif

true but it's not much fun though.

I should also now state that my 2* thor became usable on the final day, which eases the burden a bit.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone know of the best way to manage Carnage? Those cascades are killer, and I've burned through all my health packs with SWitch PvP and clearing last nodes for previous day.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These may be the worst reinforcements in the history of Heroics.. they all seem to be the chars we have had boosted since the start.. so basically, no reinforcements at all.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone know of the best way to manage Carnage? Those cascades are killer, and I've burned through all my health packs with SWitch PvP and clearing last nodes for previous day.
    Stun him ASAP. So... Bring Steve?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    These may be the worst reinforcements in the history of Heroics.. they all seem to be the chars we have had boosted since the start.. so basically, no reinforcements at all.

Seconded. This is positively evil. Switch was the only 3* not already boosted and available and that was right in the middle of Red Shift so didn't help to save health packs.

Not going to be fun with my 1/1/1 She-Hulk, but 2*Thor at least gives me direct damage from yellowflag.png and greenflag.png .

edit:

With 2*Thor pretty sure Alien Instincts will trigger before any cascade from his redflag.png or yellowflag.png clear so there's a decent chance of wiping some attack tiles out in the cascade.

Steve Rogers redflag.png and blueflag.png can overwrite attack tiles. When using the blue, stun Carnage so that Alien Instincts doesn't trigger again.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there a recommended team to make it through grinding "Save Aunt May" without burning up all my heals?

I have a pretty full maxed 3* roster and a bunch of maxed 2*.

I've been using Luke Cage, 3* Human Torch, and Steve Rogers, all maxed, but even with boosting, I'm burning up my heals, especially on those last 3 levels.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very glad I hit the Legendary progression this morning in the last pass before the 2nd sub ended. Would not want to grind those final progression points through the Carnage health pack shredder.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    rowdster wrote:
    Is there a recommended team to make it through grinding "Save Aunt May" without burning up all my heals?

I have a pretty full maxed 3* roster and a bunch of maxed 2*.

I've been using Luke Cage, 3* Human Torch, and Steve Rogers, all maxed, but even with boosting, I'm burning up my heals, especially on those last 3 levels.

I used Luke Cage, 2* Thor and Steve Rogers, all maxed and boosted. I have 3* Human Torch but did not try him. May try him next time or She-Hulk. They are both maxed too so worth a try if the team with Thor fails next time.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Stuns, protect tiles, team heal, special tile removers. . . the last time this Heroic ran, they gave us Spider-Man, Daredevil and Kamala Kahn, all much better Carnage counters than we have this time. As bad as 3* Spidey is at most things, he's very good at dealing with Carnage. It's almost as if they don't like each other!

I'm not on the last sub yet, but Luke Cage and Steve Rogers should be able to anchor a strong team. Steve's stun is a lot more expensive though, so it's going to be a race to collect enough blue.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Even with AP boost, and Peacemaker at 5, I can't get stun built up in time to beat the 4 Yellow that starts the Carnage beatdown.

I'm referring to the "Carnage Rules" node. What are the two nodes after like? More Carnage garbage?
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whomever thought Carnage, Muscle and Lieutenant would make a good node is a real tinykitty of the highest order. This is asinine.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Even with AP boost, and Peacemaker at 5, I can't get stun built up in time to beat the 4 Yellow that starts the Carnage beatdown.

I'm referring to the "Carnage Rules" node. What are the two nodes after like? More Carnage garbage?

The node after that is The Odd Trio, with Carnage/Venom/Doc Oct. Fun with cheapo stuns triggering attack tiles, then doc oct passive attack tiles while you wait! Thankfully I got my leg token after the Carnage Rules node so I'm done with this PVE and it's carnage shenanigans.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Carnage rules - My fully leveled Cage/Thor/Cap team went in with full health and came out with 429/7873/5277, respectively. That was with rainbow +2 and yellow/red +2, or it'd be even lower, Cage got an uppercut/jab combo on Carnage, or would've bit it.
    cyineedsn wrote:

The node after that is The Odd Trio, with Carnage/Venom/Doc Oct. Fun with cheapo stuns triggering attack tiles, then doc oct passive attack tiles while you wait! Thankfully I got my leg token after the Carnage Rules node so I'm done with this PVE and it's carnage shenanigans.

Lucky. I got stuck with some work yesterday and pretty much missed all of the second sub. Need about 10k, hopefully I can get it without the Carnage nodes.

Edit: "The Odd Trio" isn't as bad, since there aren't goons to make Carnage fire his passive constantly. The last is Rag/Venom/Daken for anyone still wondering.