Please no talk of Surfing Nerfing.

2»

Comments

• I have a level 450 surfer fully maxed 3/5/5. So trust me I have a little bit more experience then just a trial node. I tested him at different cover levels. Yes he is strong but by no means invincible. I am also one of the longest serving players so I have seen all the nerfs and buffs and moaning and groaning. In all honesty people moan if covers are not powerful then you moan when they are not. Only reason people are moaning is because they can't attain things from day 1 well if you played from day 1 you'll basically have an advantage over everyone.

Also if you wish to fund d3 by buying a cover I hope you get a good cover especially for 15k. A single person has whales this crazy and everyone wants to go crazy. They haven't even figured the 5*s into match making properly as at the moment I am in the zone of limbo where I see an assortment of teams.

If people want to ask many any questions feel free I am on line. 5*s won't be the end of the world just like those people who originally whaled on xforce. I believe d3 will fix other areas of the game like match making so hat you all won't even see 5*s until really end game:
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    interesting - so how many wipes have you had (offensive losses) and how many have successfully hit you and what kind of teams did they have? I'm assuming that you are running unshielded and are not boosting?
  • TxMoose wrote:
    interesting - so how many wipes have you had (offensive losses) and how many have successfully hit you and what kind of teams did they have? I'm assuming that you are running unshielded and are not boosting?

I'm guessing he's got the maxed Surfer on a sandboxed account. D3 was pretty clear they'd be watching for that kind of thing.
  • Yep sandbox account and there are times you go in a little low on health and cascades happen whilst some teams don't allow you to really set off surfers abilities which themselves are not that op. His match damage is his main strength and I am sure when they introduce more 5*s it will be equal footing while it's obvious they will scale 4*s upwards also so they should have larger health pools and match damage numbers which compare to surfer. At present its not a issue because surfers ain't floating around.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    beemand2g wrote:
    I have a level 450 surfer fully maxed 3/5/5. So trust me I have a little bit more experience then just a trial node
    I'm curious how the trial node provides a different experience than the one you are having. I'd like to try to figure out why everyone's who played it is appalled at how OP he is, but somehow your opinion is different.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    I have a level 450 surfer fully maxed 3/5/5. So trust me I have a little bit more experience then just a trial node
    I'm curious how the trial node provides a different experience than the one you are having. I'd like to try to figure out why everyone's who played it is appalled at how OP he is, but somehow your opinion is different.

agreed, i don't see how he'd become worse with 2 companions and vs teams weaker than the one on the trial node. but as he said going in with low health and vs an enemy cascade...if that's what it takes to beat him...easy i guess...