Options
13»

Comments

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    Have the devs confirmed it will be 5% per each 5* anywhere as it could just as easily be left at 5% in total to draw one even after they add another character.

Please check the appropriate discussion threads about the Legendary token and the chance to obtain them.

With only Silver Surfer: 5% chance of getting a 5*
    With the addition of the next one: 5% chance each giving a 10% total chance of getting a 5*
    With the addition of the 3rd 5*: still 10% total chance for getting a 5*, but now only 3.33% chance for each

For subsequent 5*s after the 3rd, there's no further plans revealed.

Fairly sure this is not how probability works. You don't have a 10% chance, you have two 5% chances.

Math is not my strong suit though.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fairly sure this is not how probability works. You don't have a 10% chance, you have two 5% chances.

Redeeming a token is a single event, so it's not "two" chances of anything. I think you're overthinking it.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I played that node once, and it made me want to quit playing forever.

It's called, "The Worf Effect," on tvtropes.com. In any episode of Star Trek: TNG, all the enemy needed to do was take out Worf, the resident badass, to show us how much tougher they were than anything the good guys could throw at them.

So they took three of the worst opponents in the game, maxed their levels, and then showed us that the best characters in the game, fighting at their best, have no hope against Silver Surfer.

Who's the best 4* of all time? Pre-nerf X-Force? Hulkbuster? Iceman with a lot of blue on the board? Who cares? Three 3*s at max level could beat that character by himself. Three 4*s can't harm Silver Surfer. That's a real problem.

I really wanted to collect the 4*'s and make them strong. Now I've learned there's really no point to that. It's worse than when they nerfed 4Thor. They just reduced all the 4*'s to 3* status.

And they haven't reduced the price yet. What's up with that? If you're going to make 4*'s weak, at least make them cheap. Yeah, it's easier to get purple tokens. Ish. But why 2500 Hero Points? It's just not worth that anymore.

Yes, seeing 3 of the top 4* characters become a glorified seed team when facing SS won't necessarily make people desire SS more (especially considering that covering him is all about token luck). In some (many?) cases, it will make 4* much less desirable.

The "but 4* will/can be buffed in the future" argument doesn't hold any water, in my opinion.

It may happen, but if 5* become - as a result of this rebalancing - only slightly better than 4*, why introduce them in their current form? Players' expectations, for better or worse, have already been set.
  • Heartburn
    Options
    A if /elecktra with maybe cyclops to burn off extra black,or SW to help generate more pink just need to make Electra tank every thing maybe have Kk to get her back up if the engine stalls.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options

If the statement is what the % chance of pulling a 5* will be after the second release, then yes the 2 5% chances will mean theres a 10% chance to pull A 5*... Judging based off the wording in that quote anyway
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    I had the opportunity to fight Surfer in Simulator already. It was only one card, and I promptly destroyed him.

Playing the Surfer node is awe inspiring.

What I don't understand is the disproportionate power jump from max 4 to max 5. I mean, yeah I don't have the desire to fight Fistbuster for the millionth time...but if need be, I can kill them with some mixture of 3s and 4s.

Max 5 makes max 4 look like 1 star toons. What's the basis? Fistbuster is the new X4horce. It makes you wonder why nerf 4hor and Xforce at all? The meta is Fistbuster or Prof X/Jean Grey and a board manipulator. That's all you see. Nothing more. It's stupid.

Surfer is simply next in line to perpetuate this. Someone becomes the undisputed best until the next design knocks them off the throne.

I'm not even concerned about Surfer until I can look at a 4-star team and take them on without fear. There's levels to this stuff and I'm not there yet.

The game just leapt light years ahead of anyone who is in the 4 star transition.

You're not supposed to easily get legendary tokens or a Surfer without the roster to justify those opportunities.

Be patient and pay your dues.

....or be impatient and pay your dues.

Either way it's an exorbitant cost.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Put the bloody buffed cyclops we had to face with WXF in their and I'm sure SS wouldn't last 5 turns
  • SAVE ME, L33t Hax!
    23aa5baf8e4d1ea06b5877d070d74a2a.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    I DARE you to somehow lose that node..... I think it might actually be impossible.

I did it!

No blue the entire match (only got 8 total by the end). 75AP cascade for the AI on turn 3, hit with Jean purple, HB red twice, overdrive, and a Smite TU to boot. All the Carnage tiles plus HB strike tiles took care of the rest, slowly.

Still got them down to two dead and HB with 2000 health left, so there's that.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    teknofyl wrote:
    I don't see how the shape of the curve really matters. Linear, exponential or squiggly -- the end result is the same: once there are some covered five-stars in the wild, the three- and four- stars that we've built are just digital garbage. It is what it is, but that's the reality. Maybe it's tomorrow, maybe it's in a few months, but it's pretty clear.

I'm looking at my roster with Raistlin Majere's eyes... all I see is dust.
    That's assuming that 4*s stay at the status quo and are not buffed in any way, which isn't going to be the case. Much like Raistlin, 4*s will be able to aspire to godhood too, for a short time.

Except if you buff all the 4*s, then that makes 3*s become even more obsolete?

If the plan was to buff the 4*s to the "right" power level in comparison to 5*s, then...
    Why not just tweak 1 5* character to the right relative level instead of changing all the other characters?
  • I played with Silver Surfer and it convinced me that I should quit MPQ.

And I have quit. I have left my alliance and uninstalled the game.

Thanks, admins, for curing my MPQ addiction.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I posted this in the other thread, but I'll repeat it here.
    Pongie wrote:
    One idea I had at nerfing 5* is to make it so health packs cannot be used on them (not sure what the rate of heal is since I don't have him). This will limit the time they can be used (if they are taking damage) and makes more sense story wise. These cosmic beings should not be simply healed from an earthly health pack. Sort of like an opposite deadpool whale points, call it Silver surfer hit points, they regenerate slowly over time and regardless of pve, pvp (offensive or defensive team) this is the health of silver surfer for the match. This means a failed attempt against him isn't all for nothing. Also allows for team work to bring him down. Question is, if multiple people are going against the same silver surfer, what should be his health point at the start? The same for both matches and afterwards it goes down by damage from both or just one?
  • Voltroc
    Options
    JulietLima wrote:
    I played with Silver Surfer and it convinced me that I should quit MPQ.

And I have quit. I have left my alliance and uninstalled the game.

Thanks, admins, for curing my MPQ addiction.

Yeah, I just uninstalled also. Legendary tokens are just too much to farm up every event, and missing out on them as progression on the DDQ due to only having a handful of 4* means it's just going to take longer while established 4* rosters are going to start getting 5*s, especially when the odds bump up to 10% with the next release. Farewell MPQ, I enjoyed you for a good while.