So........PvE is officially impossible, now?

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I mean, for those who do not have all 270s or 166s or unlimited resources to buy health packs or are not unemployed or not in school or not independently wealthy?

I have none of those things.
    I am none of those things.
    Yet, I have placed Top 150 for every single PvE I have ever been in, in my 300 days of playing.

I do the insane grinding, I do the refreshes, I do the alarm clocks in the middle of the night..........yet.........I did not ever crack Top 300 for The Hulk.

What exactly is going to be necessary to be Top 150, from now on? I could honestly care less about the ridiculous Legendary Token. But if it's going to be impossible to even get the freaking COVER from placement in PvEs from now on, because everyone else is aiming for the token, what the heck is the point?

:+(

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • The easiest way to get legendary tokens is through PvE and so A LOT of people are going to be grinding to that legendary progression. If you want to finish T150 and earn your cover reward then you are going to have to hit the legendary progression...and then grind just a little bit more (1 or 2 more clears would have been enough in my bracket). Note that this doesn't apply for new character release events, those will require considerably more effort. I'm predicting at least 1.5x legendary progression.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The easiest way to get legendary tokens is through PvE and so A LOT of people are going to be grinding to that legendary progression. If you want to finish T150 and earn your cover reward then you are going to have to hit the legendary progression...and then grind just a little bit more (1 or 2 more clears would have been enough in my bracket).

Everyone I could see on my leaderboard (I finished 154th) had 700xx, with xx ranging from about 10-70, IIRC.

Anecdotal evidence mostly, but I would bet a healthy portion of players did what I did. I got the token hit 70k and stopped on a dime.

You're right that for Iceman, that won't be the case, but certainly most (all?) 3* PvE will have people hitting progression and dying off. Which means if you're remotely optimal, T150 is a breeze, let alone T300.
  • MiTYH
    MiTYH Posts: 12
    You just have to PvE a lot. I am barely at a 3* level, with a handful of 1 covered 4*s, and I managed to get rank 1 in the last PVE. Granted I lucked out on my node, barely even played the last day's node
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Something doesn't add up. I personally played 6 or 7 nodes (all 3 essentials, 3 trivials, and anything harder only if all goon node) for the entire event. I hit the node every 8 hours, then grinded the trivials, and hit the essentials only for top 100 sub placement. So I was leaving quite a bit of points on the board every sub. Still I managed to get 100,300 points, placed top 50, and did not spend a single hp to buy all color boosts or heal packs. And I joined right when the event started, with all the hardcore pve players. Top scorer had 150k.

If I can get 2 hulk events while skipping 2-3 nodes every sub, I don't understand how your placement would end up so low. there can't be 300 hardcore guys scoring 100k+ in your bracket. The distribution of players make the odds of that happening rather low.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453

Everyone I could see on my leaderboard (I finished 154th) had 700xx, with xx ranging from about 10-70, IIRC.

Anecdotal evidence mostly, but I would bet a healthy portion of players did what I did. I got the token hit 70k and stopped on a dime.

I was tempted to simply stop at 70k points when I reached it on sub 5. But then I thought maybe I should continue on to help alliance make a push for top 50. Didn't happen, but still.
  • The easiest way to get legendary tokens is through PvE and so A LOT of people are going to be grinding to that legendary progression. If you want to finish T150 and earn your cover reward then you are going to have to hit the legendary progression...and then grind just a little bit more (1 or 2 more clears would have been enough in my bracket).

You're right that for Iceman, that won't be the case, but certainly most (all?) 3* PvE will have people hitting progression and dying off. Which means if you're remotely optimal, T150 is a breeze, let alone T300.
    My experience as well. I stopped after I hit my legendary and by the end was 228th. I wanted to finish top 200 for a slightly better reward so I did one more clear and that extra 5-6k bumped me up to 140. I stayed there and finished out top 200 (was trying not to take a Hulk cover from someone that needed it).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    agree that OP doesn't add up. I joined the notoriously high scoring slice 4 at the beginning. did 4 clears a day (no grind, but did last/first clear at sub flip pretty optimal for not grinding most of the time). reached 70K in 20 clears and played the last 2 subs for heroics (300-400 rank - usually 1-2 clears) and I ended up with 81K pts and 130th place.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Thought this thread was going to be about how hard Meet Rocket&Groot is.

I stopped after 70k and skipped the last two subs entirely. I made top 150. You conveniently left out some details.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    djvkool wrote:
    As a comparison, I finished with 71k points, and ranked 31st

For additional comparison sake.....I was just shy of 71k and was barely T150 in my bracket.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    It's impossible to take this thread seriously, so I won't icon_e_wink.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't aim for the Legendary because I didn't want to grind for 7 days. I didn't aim for placement because I didn't need the Hulk red nor green covers.

I still ranked 205 with 56K points, enough for the last event token.

Either OP got a ludicrous bracket or something doesn't add up.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joined late, like Tuesday or Wednesday night, after people hit their 70K and quit, got a fairly fresh bracket, barely hit my clears and hit 55 with only 20+K points. It was the most casual PVE I've ever played. My scaling was terrible, hate you Juggernaut... and thought I was done with you... then I have to fight you again with two Muscles in R&G... you dirty rat.
  • Im theorizing the OP just bailed early. As expected, the new legendary tokens and expanded pve rewards did cause people to keep grinding to 70k and so placement in the earlier subs was more difficult, but once I passed the 70K mark myself, I shot from 220 to 130 in the final sub, and secured my self one 3 star cover with a score of 80k. And I didn't even push for extra points, my main concern was just making sure I got to 70k for the legendary token, so I only did 3 clears per sub 8 hours apart.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also do "top10-optimal" grinds and still fall behind unnaturally and than lose interest.

At least for some PVE's, so I can feel what OP feels
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    why-you-lying-music-video-800x400.jpg
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    I also do "top10-optimal" grinds and still fall behind unnaturally and than lose interest.

At least for some PVE's, so I can feel what OP feels
    fall behind as in out of t10 or t20. not out of t300...
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    lbgXrxZ.jpg?2

So my score was pretty far from perfect, I left a lot of points on the board once my position became secured.

If you did anything like what you say you did in your post, you'd be top 10, not 300th.

Of course there is another possibility... you could just be a liar.
  • Sco, nice score. I was in your bracket and placed 130ish with 80k points. So yeah, I think there's shenanigans on this story.
  • If and when there is something worth complaining about, I'm down, but this?

I late started out of sheer boredom (didn't need anything from the event) with about an hour and a half remaining and snuck into T200 sub and T300 overall to get a little HP with what, like 4000 points?

Not going to call anyone a liar (there's enough of that already, and that's never productive), but something had to go seriously wrong for the OP...

DBC
This discussion has been closed.