Silver Surfer recruitment

2»

Comments

• wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    mindsuckr wrote:
    The evidence right now says that SS affects scaling whether you use him or not in PVE. I'm still waiting on the guy to confirm 100% he didn't use SS, but he said he was going into the test knowing not to use him and see if scaling is affected. If she goes the route of selling SS, then she should at least recruit him first and see if the scaling is acceptable. She can always recruit and sell to go back to normal (in theory) and still get the same amount of ISO.

she's definitely not selling him straight away. she decided she would wait until the next pve, document enemy levels, recruit, document more, make final decision on whether to keep or sell. by that point it may be moot if other tests come back with results more quickly, but i'll be happy to share the outcome!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    that would be nice, because I'm nowhere near ready to push up any of my 4*s and if a 250 sitting there will affect it much, I'd just like to know ahead of time. doesn't mean I'll turn him down. just would be nice to know.
  • wiz_biz
    exactly, i'm sure he'll be helpful enough in pvp to offset scaling issues, if they're minor enough. perhaps with such a low level roster in question, the effects may be more pronounced (probably?)...say if she finds that it takes her enemy levels up by 20, for someone with a smaller differential it would be much less and hopefully alleviate any scaling fears ...

adventures in scaling...always interesting!
  • OJSP wrote:

The numbers they were quoting, was similar as mine.. It seems, I just happen to be in the next tier of levels above them (level 209 as the starting level for the last nodes). So, the jump in levels from Savanna to Nevada seemed intentional to me, rather than affected by any change to our roster. I fortunately decided to write them down from the 3rd sub this time (because somebody else was collecting some data).. I don't have Silver Surfer yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0rz0E3IQe8WAlhRVgORv6x6FFi67yv2IcEKJGwpKeI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I posted in the same data thing too, and you'll notice that our final nodes stayed the exact same number in Greenland and Sahara (146 to 146 and 209 to 209), but his final node went from 164 to 194. The major difference between him and us? He added Silver Surfer to his roster.
  • wiz_biz
    so my sister has graciously volunteered to do some testing...well, maybe it wasn't that gracious icon_e_smile.gif

when i warned her of the risks of potential scaling increases her response was "i'm starting to get confident that i can eventually do anything! I'M DRUNK ON TACOS AND ENCHILADAS!!!

when i told her she could possible get f*'d and what the general consensus is on how scaling works, her response was "yeah but how f*'d? Major f'd hard forever or WORTH KNOWING CONCRETE RESULTS AND NOT WHAT OTHER DIP***** ON THE INTERNET SAY?!? i'm brave and i want to do it FOR SCIENCE!"

and, the icing on the cake - when we started talking about the test plan, she even wants to test what it does to scaling when you actually use that beast on the PVE nodes. so my friends, we will be working on that over the next two pve's after meet R&G, and hope to be a beacon of hard data in a dark, anecdotal world.

more to come...
  • wiz_biz
    oh, and additionally - there are a pair in my alliance that have extremely similar rosters at 166 and i believe similar performance histories, one with an SS and one without. i'm working on getting their data as well.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Just use him already. Use everyone you have. Do better at the game, get more covers, get more ISO, get more better. That's how it works. That's my professional opinion. blackflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.png