PVE: Meet Rocket & Groot (September 17-22)

Options
13»

Comments

• Since it's 48 hours, should it be ground or just cleared and wait? I only have ground one PVE (The one for XDP) so I'm still trying to figure out the strategy as i'm 13k behind in this node.
  • Makes sense, I over cleared on the first sub and ended up screwing myself badly.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    florida92 wrote:
    Since it's 48 hours, should it be ground or just cleared and wait? I only have ground one PVE (The one for XDP) so I'm still trying to figure out the strategy as i'm 13k behind in this node.

Clear regularly every 8 hours and only grind 3 hours before the end of the sub, just like a 24 hour sub.

Those over clearing this early, will fall behind later, also may lose out on the final progression reward.

I suspect they might not have realised it's a 48 hours sub.

i highly doubt anyone pregrinding is going to miss out on the final reward unless your not making the quoted needed (11k per day) and those number will be eaiser as the time goes on..

first day 11.2k just doing 2 clears nets you almost 7k and i think the last stage the final match is almost 800 or 900 pts
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    This is kinda outta wack. I don't have much in the way of a large roster, some of these nodes are too ridiculous, even without the 'level 395 juggernaut, they still hurt whatever you have heavily, threatens and juggernaut shouldn't happen. We can't handpick the board so theres not much in the way of strategy, especially when the strategies require 3 and 4 stars that aren't easy to get either lol.

This game tries as actively as possible to be unfun lol.
    When I was still at the 2* stage though, my scaling meant that I could use Storm/Mags and clear everything in this sub, though it took a couple of health packs. 2* players are at the awkward stage where there is little strategy in PvE, since most of the time your "choices" are whether you have the boosted character (if so you'll probably be using that) or whether you might be able to substitute in a low covered 3*.

Storms to squishy and because she isn't boosted, her 1800 and freezing isn't too helpful to one of the 6000 health goons who generate threaten and hit the whole party for 1400+ damage boosts, makes any tile not destroyed, storms dead. My undercovered hulk is the only guy who can survive, it's all good though, I'll just aim for the ones I can do and just slowly grab some progression. Placements just not in the cards
  • does the hulk-thing-marvel node in the first sub repeat or go at the end? wondering for my grind...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alexnmbc wrote:
    Full clear in the 2nd sub is worth 4140, plus the node to unlock it is repeatable (think it was worth 200).

Bit late to the game but it just flipped for me, the first 3 nodes aren't repeatable so there is about 3800 for subsequent clears.

Points calculator suggest that 3 clears and no grind is still good enough for the Legendary if that is your aim (and you started from first day).
    Can't grind this so anywhere Legendary + an Iceman cover will do. Only 25HP difference between 21-100 so hopefully a lot to work with.
  • Since I am not allowed to post anywhere else, I will mention the crazy CHEATING occurring in the Story mode. Specifically in "Luck Be A Lady" Where a player with 19 character roster consisting of a character not above 76 (Hulk) who, as far as I can practically tell, has a numerically impossible score I have played and played this board for the past 36-hours and there is NO WAY they eeked out an additional 3000 pts, ESPECIALLY, as they do don;t even have "The Thing" character needed to complete one of the levels. By the way, I have spent real money on this game, I really love this game, but I am tired of seeing players with insane scores lapping me. Are these Hacks? Is D3 running bots for the purpose of getting people to spend money on the game? I don't care, I simply want a fair board. If the player had the goods to support the score, I would understand, but they do not and this kind of **** should not be tolerated by D3.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Grinded every single node in sub 2 down to 1 before I realized it's 48 hours. I am currently first in my bracket by quite a bit which means to me that I'm the only noob **** idiot that made this mistake. Bye bye t10 icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    any tips for The Big Boom (final node in seed of destruction)?

Dr. Doom, Brawler and Mystique... way too much AP generation on this team, way too easily.

scratch that - before i posted this, i went for it one last time. after getting whipped 4 times, i tried OBW, Loki and Hulk. I figured with how quickly they generated AP, i wasn't going to win in a foot race. it's way too hard (or you need too get lucky) to get more AP than them before they unleash their abilities. so it seems AP denial is the way to go (OBW+loki), and with hulk boosted, he brings the usual meatshield/board shake to help offensively.
  • slidecage
    Options
    wow people really love grinding goon nods

first stage 11 k good for top 50
    2nd stage though around 23 or 24. got 30k and sitting at 45th
  • USTA
    USTA Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I use 150 OBW, 94 Cstorm, 140 Cyclops. Rainbow colors, OBW generating AP like hell vs these goons. Cyclops creating cascades with yellow etc. Its very easy. I clear the whole sub without health packs or any boosts.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    When I was still at the 2* stage though, my scaling meant that I could use Storm/Mags and clear everything in this sub, though it took a couple of health packs. 2* players are at the awkward stage where there is little strategy in PvE, since most of the time your "choices" are whether you have the boosted character (if so you'll probably be using that) or whether you might be able to substitute in a low covered 3*.

Storms to squishy and because she isn't boosted, her 1800 and freezing isn't too helpful to one of the 6000 health goons who generate threaten and hit the whole party for 1400+ damage boosts, makes any tile not destroyed, storms dead. My undercovered hulk is the only guy who can survive, it's all good though, I'll just aim for the ones I can do and just slowly grab some progression. Placements just not in the cards

With a 2* roster, try Thor, OBW, Storm instead.. Magneto can be useful, but it's a bit difficult to control CD tiles with him if the board is unfavourable. We can quickly get into a loop faster with OBW.. they are still my go to team for overpowered goon nodes, even when not boosted.. for this team, it's better not to have Storm boosted so OBW tanks bluetile.png .. Mystique hates OBW.. (maybe as much as Deadpool does..) icon_e_biggrin.gif
    The mystique sub is easy, wayyy easier then the first, but by not participating in the first I kinda lost all interest in placement and much further then the middle progressions.
    The goons aren't as high leveled and these pyscho goons are always easy compared to tommy gun + threaten which always hits whole party.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    The worst was getting hit by a Shapeshift and Masterstroke combo, every other turn.. on an Easy (lvl 55 or 70) node and the icon_ms_marvel.png Essential node, wiping my stronger characters

The first time I tried that node, the AI pulled a goon-fed winfinite against me on turn three, using blue to generate criticals, purple to stun and black as a finisher. It was pretty brutal. The other two times I've tried it, I used OBW and it went better.
  • Jam_Adams wrote:
    any tips for The Big Boom (final node in seed of destruction)?

Dr. Doom, Brawler and Mystique... way too much AP generation on this team, way too easily.

scratch that - before i posted this, i went for it one last time. after getting whipped 4 times, i tried OBW, Loki and Hulk. I figured with how quickly they generated AP, i wasn't going to win in a foot race. it's way too hard (or you need too get lucky) to get more AP than them before they unleash their abilities. so it seems AP denial is the way to go (OBW+loki), and with hulk boosted, he brings the usual meatshield/board shake to help offensively.

Tips? Don't play it because it's nauseating, and competing for a single cover of an increasing roster of hardly attainable 4 star characters is dubious use of one's time.

Moreover, The habit of having essential levels being 1 4 star, 1 3 star and 1 2 star is not inclusive. Why? Because upgrading 2 star characters is obnoxiously expensive in terms of ISO use ( especially newer ones like miss marvel ) and 4 star characters are somewhat rare ( and if you have them they are probably not upgraded ). Also it is just expensive to keep adding spots for new characters. Example, I don't have thing, and my miss marvel is only moderately upgraded making her useless.

Regarding AP denial, that is good in theory, but the fact that Mystique is handed infiltration, thereby handed shape shifting & masterstroke which is devastating - there is no pretty way to fight those nodes. Factor in Doom's pink power ( I was nicked for over 7k damage on hulk with doom having inly 15 energy points left ) and it is a fist fight the whole way.

The last dark avengers event was nauseating enough with over powered ares / juggernaut and a consummately aggravating ragnarok - but this was at least as bad.
  • Yeah, the Ms. Marvel node is ****. The AI one-turned *** Cap (with a 10 level advantage). Tons of "turn the board black" powers just exasperate the rigged cascades.

Edit: Also, I think the "AI getting free AP" bug is back. I saw Mystique had 11 black, so I had OBW match black in order to stop Masterstroke. She still did it anyway. Goons only feed green and blue on this node, so I'm not sure how she managed it.

Edit2: Also it's annoying because I only had like 15 minutes to do some clears this morning and got so mad at this node that I spent all the time posting on here, so now I'm going to lose this event. Ugh.

Edit3: Seriously D3, go **** yourselves for denying how much your game cheats and how you don't make cheap nodes anymore. Going to lose the Iceman I earned because of how dumb you are.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Yeah, the Ms. Marvel node is tinykitty. The AI one-turned *** Cap (with a 10 level advantage). Tons of "turn the board black" powers just exasperate the rigged cascades.

Edit: Also, I think the "AI getting free AP" bug is back. I saw Mystique had 11 black, so I had OBW match black in order to stop Masterstroke. She still did it anyway. Goons only feed green and blue on this node, so I'm not sure how she managed it.

Edit2: Also it's annoying because I only had like 15 minutes to do some clears this morning and got so mad at this node that I spent all the time posting on here, so now I'm going to lose this event. Ugh.

Edit3: Seriously D3, go tinykitty yourselves for denying how much your game cheats and how you don't make cheap nodes anymore. Going to lose the Iceman I earned because of how dumb you are.

how can you blAME D3 for you losing iceman when the fact is on edit 2 you said only play 15 mins.. So its their fault others played 1+ and you played 15 mins yet you think you should still get the cover.

i heard the game game dont cheat but they count how many stones they are going to get them before they got them. dont ask me what the hell that means cause i know for a fact i seen the AI pull off moves that needed 10+ when they only had 4 and they only matched for 3 so how they pulled off a 10+ even if the move can be played before they match they still been short
  • slidecage wrote:
    how can you blAME D3 for you losing iceman when the fact is on edit 2 you said only play 15 mins.. So its their fault others played 1+ and you played 15 mins yet you think you should still get the cover.

Doesn't matter if I play for 15 minutes or 15 hours; you can't win a rigged game. I just tried the node again and the AI got 10+ Purple, Blue, and Black on turn 2 due to a huge cascade. So yeah, I blame them for being too lazy to think of real challenging teams and instead just stacking the deck and adding goons. If there was something to think about, I could win. Also I blame them because placement awards are dumb; I shouldn't lose a cover because some jobless loser spends all his time playing this game.