PVE: Meet Rocket & Groot (September 17-22)

Options

Comments

• xequalsy
    Options
    Yuck, the Juggs/Muscle/Muscle node is pure pain. With no other yellow and blue actives the board is so quickly spammed full of threaten and tommy gun. Anyone have a good team against that? Bring Loki and boost black I guess?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you have Elektra she can steal the tiles for cheaper than Loki can convert them.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    Yuck, the Juggs/Muscle/Muscle node is pure pain. With no other yellow and blue actives the board is so quickly spammed full of threaten and tommy gun. Anyone have a good team against that? Bring Loki and boost black I guess?

using hulk and torch....Hulk gets hit turn board to green. Torch green does major damage but its a major pain in the ****.. If any threaten goes off One head butt will kill anyone

ALSO pts seem very high

clear is what 2600 pts

your going to need at least 11k per day to get that double reward

unless pts skyrocket in the last day dont see many getting double
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:

Patch/daken/loki works for me. Steal tiles or board shake to match hard to reach ones.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:

using hulk and torch....Hulk gets hit turn board to green. Torch green does major damage but its a major pain in the ****.. If any threaten goes off One head butt will kill anyone

ALSO pts seem very high

clear is what 2600 pts

your going to need at least 11k per day to get that double reward

unless pts skyrocket in the last day dont see many getting double
    yeah this seems concerning, but i think it will be do-able. i am at 4,900 after two clears. i will have 7,500 or so after three clears. might be a hair shy of 10,000 with a couple grinds. the later nodes will probably check in around 12 to 13k, which will mean we can meet the average 11k/day needed for the Leg token
  • So far i have had to grind to get to 8743. I've used quite a few health packs on clearing A Rocket and a Hard Place the first couple of tries. Anyone have a guess what it's going to take to get first in the first part?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is kinda outta wack. I don't have much in the way of a large roster, some of these nodes are too ridiculous, even without the 'level 395 juggernaut, they still hurt whatever you have heavily, threatens and juggernaut shouldn't happen. We can't handpick the board so theres not much in the way of strategy, especially when the strategies require 3 and 4 stars that aren't easy to get either lol.

This game tries as actively as possible to be unfun lol.
  • xequalsy
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    This is kinda outta wack. I don't have much in the way of a large roster, some of these nodes are too ridiculous, even without the 'level 395 juggernaut, they still hurt whatever you have heavily, threatens and juggernaut shouldn't happen. We can't handpick the board so theres not much in the way of strategy, especially when the strategies require 3 and 4 stars that aren't easy to get either lol.

This game tries as actively as possible to be unfun lol.
    When I was still at the 2* stage though, my scaling meant that I could use Storm/Mags and clear everything in this sub, though it took a couple of health packs. 2* players are at the awkward stage where there is little strategy in PvE, since most of the time your "choices" are whether you have the boosted character (if so you'll probably be using that) or whether you might be able to substitute in a low covered 3*.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had about 27 covers for Ms Marvel and sold them all since I don't think she has much value in my teams... now I wish I'd kept her for this event. Only got one of the 2 essentials, I'm never gonna get to that legendary token icon_e_sad.gif
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    Full clear in the 2nd sub is worth 4140, plus the node to unlock it is repeatable (think it was worth 200).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ha ha, picked up a Ms Marvel Black out of a recruit token, with the boost that means shes lvl 72 for this event. Yay! Might make that legendary after all
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ok, with all the goon only nodes and a couple of good boards on harder nodes, I'm pretty concerned about what my scaling is going to do. I aced way too many nodes my first run and i'll probably pay the price for it later, especially with hood/jugs involved. nearly wiped on 2 of them but all the rest came out almost zero damage. seems like its all or nothing - might start purposely taking damage. and the worst node is jugs muscle muscle to me. of course there is a hood muscle muscle coming up too, so we have that to look forward to.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    the Bullseye/Hood/Thug node to me is the hardest.

there isn't a good first pickoff option to me. no matter which one you try to take out first, you are leaving two other challenging characters to do what they please. I've wiped three times each time I've played it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    the Bullseye/Hood/Thug node to me is the hardest.

there isn't a good first pickoff option to me. no matter which one you try to take out first, you are leaving two other challenging characters to do what they please. I've wiped three times each time I've played it.
    to me, no matter who else it there, hood has to go first (unless of course its deadpool/thing/xpool/etc). otherwise whoever else is second will end up with so much random ap that about the time you down jugs (if it goes well), the other 2 start machine gunning abilities at you. hood goes down fast and once he does, you can manually deny red first, then green and work on jugs. that is one of the nodes my cage/fist/torch team took nearly no damage on that is concerning me. I took the wrong team into jugs/muscle/muscle. same team did horrible. 2 tommy guns went off. that node needs cap as the third to cage/fist and it should go a bit better.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This event is horrific. HORRIFIC.

Rocket and Groot doesn't want to meet you Hood and Muscle bastards. Go back to Thick as Thieves.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Didn't even get scratched with Cage, IF, Torch. I'll try cmags too for that "Rocket and hard place" match.
  • For the Hood/Bullseye/Muscle node, I used OBW, Hulk, and 2Marvel.

Use OBW to play AP tug of war with Hood, till I get enough red, then blast hood with red, popping any shields Bullseye has built. Once Hood drops, its just a matter of building green or red ap to splat Bullseye with, and then chip down the Muscle.

Liberal Applications of OBWs blue to increase muscle countdowns is also a big help.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    THose in later brackets if you though stage 1 was a major pain wait till you get to stage 2

its freaking awful.... AWFUL ITS PAINFUL PURE PAIN

really though almost every nod is all goons i think there is maybe 2 nodes with Mystic with 2 goons noone else... The painful part.. Its going to be so easy most people will grind all of these nodes to 1s

thankfully scaling is OFF

11.5 NEEDED to take top 50 in my bracket
  • Did okay in the first sub, not so much in this sub. A lot of people sure want Iceman...
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    Anyone who played this last time remember if this main map repeatable stays or goes away when the last sub starts?