What do you do with your legendary tokens?

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, today we are scheduled to get the first DDQ 4* node, making a Legendary token easily available. I'm a little curious about when people plan to open the tokens. I see three different options: Right away for the impatient, later this week for those who want to have a chance for Sam Wilson or Reed Richards, or next season to have a bigger chance of 5*.

I managed to get one token from Stretch Goals and opened it immediately. Got a Thing, so I'm not complaining even though it wasn't Surfer. Not sure if I'll open the DDQ and Hulk tokens immediately or after the season shift. I probably won't be able to wait until next season though...
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I'm going with immediate opening. I only have 3 colours fully covered in the 4* ( icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png , icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.png , icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png ), so I need 93% of the available in the cover pack.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my mine from The Hulk yesterday. Opened it. Good ol' X-Force Wolverine green. If I didn't have a dupe, it'd be 1k ISO. Now my dupe is 2/0/0.

I have a Fury, Wolv, IW, Thor built to my preferred builds. Have dupes for them all, so I can still use covers for them. Got 4 needing less than 3 covers though, Elektra black, IMHB 2 blacks, Carnage 2 blacks / 1 green and Prof X 3 yellow. Dupes of all those as well, so I can use any of their covers also. All the other 4*, 8 covers or less.
  • Quebbster
    I don't care about Mr Fantastic or Falcap, or a second 5* right now (unless it's Black Bolt icon_e_biggrin.gif ). My immediate priorities are any of the following three:

icon_kingpin.png
    icon_thing.png
    icon_deadpool.png

Because they are the only 4* i don't have, and i want them purely so i can play their essential nodes. Silver Surfer is a welcome luxury
    icon_thing.png will most likely be essential in the Meet Rocket and Groot PvE that rewards Iceman, so I'd probably rip the tokens open as soon as I could if I didn't have him too.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    ...making a Legendary token easily available.

Might wanna revise that.
    Yeah, I suppose I spoke too soon. Was expecting something a little closer to the rest of the DDQ. But the question is still a valid one.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    So far I've opened 3 (2 from PVP, one from DDP) and I'm 1/3. Got Thoress/IW blue (both sold) and Antman yellow (put to 5/1/5 which is great.)

I think I'll try and hold off from here on out, but I'm super impatient when it comes to tokens so we'll see.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    icon_thing.png will most likely be essential in the Meet Rocket and Groot PvE that rewards Iceman, so I'd probably rip the tokens open as soon as I could if I didn't have him too.

If he's not going to be the essential character.. I'd like someone to tell me now, please. So I can stop grinding in The Hulk icon_e_biggrin.gif

Keep grinding. Token page has him, 2* Cap Marvel and Hulk on it.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've earned 3 token_legendary.png

2 have been icon_elektra.png ...
    The other icon_jeangrey.png
  • Quebbster
    Decided to open the one from DDQ. icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.png. Not bad since that pushes his level to the 200s and gives him a better chance to survive his DDQ...
  • I intend to hold until 10% chance at a 5*.

The only thing that may make me re-consider (besides impatience!) would be needing a 4* for a PVE Essential, and being willing to take that chance.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I intend to hold until 10% chance at a 5*.

to me, this is the optimal approach. If you compare the current SS to the teaser info released on the next 5*, I personally think the second 5* will be much better. Two passives, self healing, plus better damage ability than SS. You throw in a doubling of the 5% draw rate from a legendary token, and it's really a no-brainer.

Of course, the next 5* will be released in 3 weeks, and very few players have that sort of patience. icon_mrgreen.gif

Just earned my second token_legendary.png from the weekly ddq node, and on track to get my third off pve before the event ends. I'll be holding mine for a while. icon_lol.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm holding on to them. If the next 5* turns out to be a retread I might burn them early just to avoid getting that one in my roster, though.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    So, today we are scheduled to get the first DDQ 4* node, making a Legendary token easily available. I'm a little curious about when people plan to open the tokens. I see three different options: Right away for the impatient, later this week for those who want to have a chance for Sam Wilson or Reed Richards, or next season to have a bigger chance of 5*.

I managed to get one token from Stretch Goals and opened it immediately. Got a Thing, so I'm not complaining even though it wasn't Surfer. Not sure if I'll open the DDQ and Hulk tokens immediately or after the season shift. I probably won't be able to wait until next season though...

going to wait till next season with 2 5 stars
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, i decided i could wait no longer.. had 2 tokens , 1 from my vault, and 1 from todays DDQ.. after complaining how i would never have a chance in the 4* DDQ with a 0/1/0 IW, they heard my pleas.. and i now have a 1/2/0 IW.

Very happy with the outcome!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got three usable 4*s (553 X-Force, 553 HB, 525 Carnage,) and a few more over 10 covers, so I calculated my chances of pulling something I need out of a Legendary Token. I'm looking at 64%, which isn't bad (just under two out of three,) but waiting until Thursday makes that 69% so I'll probably wait until at least then.

I'm not sure I can wait until the end of the season to see the additional 5* chance - I'll probably start saving when that gets closer, but right now the chance of getting some of my 4*s usable is extremely tempting.

I've got two right now - got one from Stretch and did well with DPDQ, and I'm definitely on track for the one for the Hulk.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm definitely squirreling mine away for the duration as I realised the current odds (with no FalCap or Reed) are nearly 60% chance of iso. Also, the teased new 5* is a lot more appealing to me than SS - 2 sets of powers for the price of 1 roster slot, what a bargain! icon_e_wink.gif

(That said, I bet I just get iso anyway - just pulled yet another Elektra from a Hulk token, oh joy, that's worth 4 Moonstones in iso!)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled mine right away and got a star lord yellow. icon_neutral.gif so when I use star lord in his one on one match his level 2 red power will cost 1 ap less. icon_neutral.gif now I will actually have to put ISO into him to make him usable in 4* DPDQ icon_neutral.gif

Oh the joy of legendary pulls
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Opening right away. IW (12), Wolverine (9), and Fury (9) are my most covered 4*s. Every one else (besides Dino) is at 5 or less. I should be able to get the PVE progression token consistently but if I want to get the DDQ token then I'm going to need more covers.
  • I actually have little to no interest in SS. ( atm) that is. The only 4* covers to turn to iso are SL purple and HB black and blue. From my 2 i got IW green meh and antman blue awesome. Keep em comin!
  • Needed one more option

### rage quit as a show of how disappointed you are that they didn't fix bagman first.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    ^Sounds like you're setting yourself up for some premature token-action