The Terrific Taco Token Timing Talk

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm wandering how everyone treats their Taco Tokens and what is the best method for optimising the rewards that are pulled from the vault.

Now I'm a very impatient person when it comes to this type of thing, I want my reward and I want it now icon_mad.gif . With this in mind I decided that the best strategy for me it to save those Sweet Sweet Tokens, but burn out the Savory each day I get one. This way I'm still stockpiling for a rainy day, but at the same time not having to wait with my twitchy taco devouring finger for more than 5 days.

How do you all treat your tacos? Am I missing out by only stockpiling 1 type of token (probably) and should I change my stance? I fear that if I do I wont ever get past 20 tokens before the munchies kick in and I have a Taco Fiesta token_taco.pngtoken_taco.pngtoken_taco.png

If you do stockpile what is a good number of Tacos to start smacking the vault? Considering my current roster (in the sig) ***'s are my realistic aim to pull out. I know to wait until its full of my preferred covers but what number to you all go to?

Let me know in the poll how you all Time your Tacos.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Though I definitely need the 4*s from the vault, I've just been pulling from it when I need health packs. I've saved all of the 10 tacos before though when there are literally no 3*s or 4*s that I need from the vault, since I seem to get maybe one 3* a week from it.

Props to people who save, I'm a bit too late in starting to stockpile tbh from now that they'll change the vault before it's vault opening day for me.
  • Wooodd
    xequalsy wrote:
    Though I definitely need the 4*s from the vault, I've just been pulling from it when I need health packs. I've saved all of the 10 tacos before though when there are literally no 3*s or 4*s that I need from the vault, since I seem to get maybe one 3* a week from it.

Props to people who save, I'm a bit too late in starting to stockpile tbh from now that they'll change the vault before it's vault opening day for me.

Are there plans to change the vault? I have 19 Sweet tokens and I don't wanna loose em.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    been pulling daily, the only exceptions are if the vault has absolutely not a single cover i need. This has only happened 3 times so far.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I think it depends very much on what you hope to get from the vault.
    If you're just in it for the 4*s, then you'd either want to stockpile until you can almost guarantee getting that or may just as well open immediately.

In my case, there are still a lot of 3*s I need, but I also have some cover-maxed characters. So I normally stockpile my tokens until I have 30-50 and when I find a vault that contains enough relevant covers that they and the Hero points bring the chances of getting something on my "want list" to above 30% I go and spend until the ratio drops below that or I luck out with a highly coveted prize and decide to call it quits and rebuild my token stock.

If you factor in the option to use the vault as a health pack source, the calculation changes. But I haven gotten into that as I normall don't play that long at any single time.
  • Wooodd wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    Though I definitely need the 4*s from the vault, I've just been pulling from it when I need health packs. I've saved all of the 10 tacos before though when there are literally no 3*s or 4*s that I need from the vault, since I seem to get maybe one 3* a week from it.

Are there plans to change the vault? I have 19 Sweet tokens and I don't wanna loose em.
    No plans, but since it'll take months to get the required tokens to get a good shot at a 4*, I feel they might well change it up before then.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I save them until I need health packs urgently, and then open them up until I get some.

This also leads to First World Vault problems like today, when I pulled 10k ISO and had mixed feelings about it, because I really did need those health packs.
  • Wooodd
    xequalsy wrote:
    No plans, but since it'll take months to get the required tokens to get a good shot at a 4*, I feel they might well change it up before then.
    I don't have a single *** maxed yet so my odds of getting something I need are quite good if I wait for the right Vault so I shouldn't have to wait all that long, and still Spending the Savory instantly ones gives me that Taco fix I've been Jonesing for.
    Platzy wrote:
    In my case, there are still a lot of 3*s I need, but I also have some cover-maxed characters. So I normally stockpile my tokens until I have 30-50 and when I find a vault that contains enough relevant covers that they and the Hero points bring the chances of getting something on my "want list" to above 30% I go and spend until the ratio drops below that or I luck out with a highly coveted prize and decide to call it quits and rebuild my token stock.

If you factor in the option to use the vault as a health pack source, the calculation changes. But I haven gotten into that as I normall don't play that long at any single time.

This look about right, around 40-50 was my thought before spending. I ain't in it for the health packs either.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I have 50 of each and plan to hoard them until I can clear the vaults, I will get the desired covers and that will be that...although you can pull 4500 hp out so for the cost of one cover (or 2 covers for both vaults) you can buy the 40 pack and cut your time down by a month..maybe not the best strategy but it is an option.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Since the Vault is a topic of discussion today, can I just make the comment that I think it is ridiculous that the devs replaced a 4* in the vault w/ a Legendary token instead of one of the 2*s? I mean, I give them props for many of the chgs made recently to acquire 4*s more easily, but given all the complaints about the lack of good rewards relative to the size of the vault, it should've been an easy decision. I know that statistically it doesn't make a whole heap of difference, but the sentiment would've been much better. Just my 2c...
  • Wooodd
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Since the Vault is a topic of discussion today, can I just make the comment that I think it is ridiculous that the devs replaced a 4* in the vault w/ a Legendary token instead of one of the 2*s? I mean, I give them props for many of the chgs made recently to acquire 4*s more easily, but given all the complaints about the lack of good rewards relative to the size of the vault, it should've been an easy decision. I know that statistically it doesn't make a whole heap of difference, but the sentiment would've been much better. Just my 2c...
    I agree with you here, replacing one of the smaller Iso rewards or a ** would have been a better gesture.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to open them immediately, but due to a lack of desirable covers in my Vaults I have been stockpiling for the last... two weeks or so? I might have a fiesta if a I get a nice pair of... fourstar covers in the vault though. Right now it's X-force and Invisible Woman that I don't need...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    My strategy has been to draw daily, but if I pull any 4* rewards, save all remaining tacos for the next cycle.
  • I only need 4* covers, HP, ISO, and Health Packs. So I stockpile all my Sweet tokens, and open all my Savory tokens.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    4* and legendary covers are the only things I really need from the vault aside from iso and HP.

I'd like to use them as I get them but it really only makes sense for me to stockpile them at this point.
  • Where's the "I swear, this week, Im going to start saving them, then eat them all on day 5" option?

Cause that's currently my problem. Paid off this week though, got 3 dakens, a she hulk, and 250 HP icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The option for: whenever you need healthpacks during an endgrind in a 4star release is missing.
  • AnonymousMPQ
    AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    MrGaunt25 wrote:

I think, statistically, it makes a huge heap of difference from their point of view. Hundreds of Thousands (maybe Millions?) of token tokens are earned every day. That's a lot of power creep inflation that's being added to the game economy.

Instead of thinking they took something away from us, in actuality, they are giving us a 5% (eventually 10%) chance out of 300 to earn a 5*.

They straight up gave us more. Our community response to getting more tends to be give us even more.
  • I stockpile both - occaisionally breaking into them if I need healthpacks for end grind in new character pve's
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprised to see players either spend both tacos or stockpile both tacos. Currently I'm stockpiling one set of tacos and opening the other set at the end of the DDQ cover run, since the newer characters are on the last week. That'll likely stop soon and I'll start stockpiling both.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    MrGaunt25 wrote:

I think, statistically, it makes a huge heap of difference from their point of view. Hundreds of Thousands (maybe Millions?) of token tokens are earned every day. That's a lot of power creep inflation that's being added to the game economy.

Instead of thinking they took something away from us, in actuality, they are giving us a 5% (eventually 10%) chance out of 300 to earn a 5*.

They straight up gave us more. Our community response to getting more tends to be give us even more.

I did specifically mention that I appreciate them giving us more w/ this recent update (especially the PVE prog rewards). My problem is centered around the size of the vault more than the inclusion of the legendary token. I don't think having 3 4*s out of 300 rewards v. 4 4*s (technically 3.95 4*s and 0.05 5*s) is going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, especially given the many other ways to earn 4*s and 5*s in PVP and PVE. And, it's not a 5% (or 10%) out of 300 to earn a 5*. It's a 5% chance to win a 5* AFTER the 0.3% chance of getting that Legendary token unless you hoard for almost a year. You could argue that the uncertainty of not knowing what the likely 4* in the legendary token is actually devalues tacos.