Any advice for a newb

2»

Comments

• Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Houtro wrote:
    Your in good way. I think Mags was the last one they offer hp for selling after the nerf.
    Very important: join a good alliance if you haven't. And you should try to hit 650pts. As for the roster I believe that you only need Juggs + Storm or Widow in the 1* land... Juggs is a monster in Balance Of Power! OBW is a must 3/5/5. In time you will need roster slots, you will sell some 2* for space I'm looking at Bulls, Moons, Caps unless you're a collector those will not be missed just have a rotating spot for any essential that you don't have.
    The issue with an Alliance is that I am in my sons and don't want to upset him. The alliance normally don't do too well finishing between 250-500 (and normally around 1/2 the input is all from me). Perhaps if I can find one that will take two I could move along with him. I do try for 650 but it isn't always achievable, I think I should stop playing these events at the end because every win nets me 3 losses with everyone being on the final push.
    slidecage wrote:
    how much time do you put into the game. can you score major numbers in PVE if so then try to hook yourself up with a allaince that can get top 100 in each PVE.
    I'm only 54 days into the game so at the moment I'm hooked. Playing whenever I can, at least a 3 hours each day. I'm hoping that this addiction will wain a little to be honest because its taking over my real live icon_e_surprised.gif . Seriously all I see when I blink is bluetile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngprotect.pngenemyprotect.pngstrike.pngbomb.pngeattack.pngenemystrike.pngcharged.pngattack.pngcountdown.pngbomb.pngforcefield.pngecountdown.pngeattack.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pngforcefield.pngbluecrit.pngweb.pngtrap.pngredcrit.pngyellowcrit.pnggreencrit.pnglocked_bm.pngcharged.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.png
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i usually never ever buy shileds in PVP unless i have at least 150 pt lead and in first with less then 10 mins left (what i just did today)

this is why i would love to see them do a 25 hp sheild for an hour

and this is why i say jump the last hour or so of a pvp

jumped with 70 mins left only 9 in bracket (ended at 77 so everyone got cover)

75 HP for 10 mins is very high. but got 200 HP 1 4 star 3 3 stars (only 1 i can use)

so 125 HP and 1 4 1 3 star not bad for 70 mins of work
  • Play candy crush instead. You'll just be on the forums too many times with this game.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I wouldn't say limit your PVP play as much as limit your expectations. I in the current meta, high performance in PVP requires a very deep 3* roster (so you can use the weekly boosted 3*s to full effect), or a 4* roster. You just aren't there yet.

I would recommend playing PVP to 400 or 575 if at all possible, but not shielding or trying to protect your scores. That will be a nice source of HP.

as for time slices, I think the 10PM GMT slice is slice 3. For PVE, you are right to focus on picking a time when you can grind out the end of subs. with the 8 hour timers, excelling in PVE really requires you to grind for an hour or two at least at the end of each sub (which is the main problem with PVE IMO).

But you should also pay attention to when you join a slice. For each event there will be a thread here on the forums about how many people are in each slice. If you don't have time to grind optimally for an entire PVE, then you can watch that thread to see when your preferred time slice fills and then jump into a fresh bracket. (does that make sense? I don't know if I explained the mechanics well enough).
    Could any point me in the right direction for these threads?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the bracket threat for the current hulk pve event.

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=32665