So 4*s in DDQ start next cycle?

2»

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    so you need a partially covered (like... 1 cover...) 4* from your roster to beat a fully covered (and maxed?) 4* in ddq?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 days to go.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Psychic pessimism powers, I expect.

(My money's on Wolverine - use the oldest and most popular 4* to ease people into things)

That would make the most sense but it'll likely be a 4* few players have such as one of the recent ones. I am only saying this because when they released DDQ they started with Black Panther... who was vaulted for a good 4 months with no way to earn him. It was such a slap in the face to all the newer players who started around Anniversary.

Although my 4*'s only have a couple of covers I hope it will be somewhat possible to win, otherwise I'll sadly be stuck in 3* land for quite some time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    so you need a partially covered (like... 1 cover...) 4* from your roster to beat a fully covered (and maxed?) 4* in ddq?
    They haven't said that the opponent will always be a 4*. Some will be strategically interesting matchups based on their skills, and some will be thematically appropriate. I'd put a small money bet on Professor X facing 3* Magneto, for example. At how many covers and what level, that's the big question.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    most of my ****s are 4-5 covers around level 90-94, plus xf with 7 covers at 120 and several with 1-3 at 70. wonder just how good they'll have to be. ice said he was able to complete the node sometimes and his ****s are only slightly ahead of mine so I'm curious to see how it shakes out. team up requests will be drastically changing and going up (more big nuke requests and strategic requests compared to mbw/jugs)
  • Malcrof
    DayvBang wrote:
    ammenell wrote:
    They haven't said that the opponent will always be a 4*. Some will be strategically interesting matchups based on their skills, and some will be thematically appropriate. I'd put a small money bet on Professor X facing 3* Magneto, for example. At how many covers and what level, that's the big question.

That will be an easy one.. mags has no AoE so just hide and hope for a match 5 here or there. Buffed 2* mags though, with his board shakers, would actually be harder.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    ammenell wrote:

That will be an easy one.. mags has no AoE so just hide and hope for a match 5 here or there. Buffed 2* mags though, with his board shakers, would actually be harder.

Cmags would fit more withing the actual Marvel lore since they are rivals but within the MPQ lore Jean Grey would be a better choice. All 3 of her moves are pretty much "anti Prof X" and would be a real challenge.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cmags would fit more withing the actual Marvel lore since they are rivals but within the MPQ lore Jean Grey would be a better choice. All 3 of her moves are pretty much "anti Prof X" and would be a real challenge.
    Possibly too much of a challenge. 1-on-1, that's probably a "Gauntlet" level of difficulty.
  • Malcrof
    DayvBang wrote:
    Possibly too much of a challenge. 1-on-1, that's probably a "Gauntlet" level of difficulty.

yah, with all 3 of her abilities being AOE, PX wouldn't stand a chance outside of a multi match 5 cascade.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm expecting most or all of the "rivals" to be 3* characters. That's the only way they can be, as Ice described it, "level ouch" while allowing 4*s without many covers to stand a chance.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    All I know is that players should stockpile on whale TUs and deadpool money, plus mbw stun TUs. That way, if you happen to have a weakly covered 4* required for the node, you would still have a shot at clearing the node. icon_cool.gif

Ppl should be making their requests right now.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

I will repeat my prior statements that the 40-pack pricing, in particular, is grotesque (well, except maybe that 1.7% daily discount! /sarcasm). ...

So then don't buy it. There are a ton of overpriced products everywhere, where do you goto complain about those?

Yea 40 packs are crazy expensive for what you get and d3 has every right to set the price high, low, or however they like.

Demiurge has the right to set prices "however they like" (which is generally true with the caveat of fair trade regulations on the U.S./EU etc). But consumers also have the right to voice their opinions about those prices, don't they? Obviously this is a private forum, but I don't think demiurge or d3 has banned criticism in the terms of service. If we agree that the 40-packs are overpriced, what's wrong with saying so?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    And the first battle will be Falcap so everyone who only has his blue will have to bring big team ups since his blue is useless without his yellow ability
    great. mine is -/2/1. where was this info? how do you know its falcap?

Sorry for any confusion I was being sarcastic. Under the post I does say Lcap -legendary token though. We will just have to see