So 4*s in DDQ start next cycle?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Since legendary tokens launched on the last day of the current ddq cycle, I guess I had just assumed that the new 4* battles would be in ddq today.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in ddq. Am I missing something, or was this assumption incorrect?

If so, very clever demiurge. Making f2p players wait a whole 6 days before having any shot at a legendary token should really put the screws on people and push some extra 40 pack sales.

I will repeat my prior statements that the 40-pack pricing, in particular, is grotesque (well, except maybe that 1.7% daily discount! /sarcasm). I really enjoy the gameplay of this game, and I am happy to accept some level of monetization as necessary to fund the enjoyable gameplay. But the current pricing model and blatant skinner box mechanics have always been things about the game that I have a difficult time rationalizing.

And as I see all the "I bought a 40-pack today" threads on this forum today, I am even more uncomfortable with the pricing and not-so-subtle pushes to buy the most expensive "goods" in the game. Why are legendary tokens in packs at all if the intent was to create an unwhale-able tier?

Comments

• The Hulk is part of the sweet cycle. The Savory cycle starts tomorrow, so that is when we SHOULD see the new 4* event.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new 4* node is on the last day (day 5) of each cycle. So next week will be the first DDQ event for a Legendary token.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so...next Tuesday will be interesting...
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Is it going to be just the last day, or available for the 5 days ?

I would hope the latter, so one can pump some ISO into that 4 star.png and try multiple times, hoping for some favourable cascades.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmp72 wrote:

I would hope the latter, so one can pump some ISO into that 4 star.png and try multiple times, hoping for some favourable cascades.

Pretty sure it's one day only. And they did say in the announcement the first instance was 9/15.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmp72 wrote:

It sounded from the announcement that it would be available only on day 5 of each ddq cycle.

Since today is day 5 of the current cycle, I assumed that the 4* event would be available today, but that appears not to be the case. I now expect it to show up on the last day of the upcoming savory cycle.

And thanks for the reminder smurf, I forgot that they announced 9/15.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing I don't like about the 4* DDQ is that it's for ONE DAY only per week (5-day cycle). Better make sure you play and beat it that day.

The devs stated that Growth Industry's 30-day for a 4* was too much but 1 day might not be enough but I guess if you cannot beat it that day then you likely won't be able to beat it at all since you need a fairly covered 4* to win the 1v1. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

token_taco.png
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a one-on-one if you lose you only need one health pack to get up and try again, unlike Growth Industry where three wipes with your best team would mean you're out of chances. So there's more leeway.
  • TxMoose
    The one thing I don't like about the 4* DDQ is that it's for ONE DAY only per week (5-day cycle). Better make sure you play and beat it that day.

The devs stated that Growth Industry's 30-day for a 4* was too much but 1 day might not be enough but I guess if you cannot beat it that day then you likely won't be able to beat it at all since you need a fairly covered 4* to win the 1v1. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

token_taco.png
    would be nice to leave that open all 5 days to let those of use with a 1/2/1 **** (lots of mine look like that) try and try again. I will beat my head against that wall many times before a 7 day pve (although it looks like it is less than 2x the 3* cover progression, so its def reachable). also have 450K dp pts saved, so really hope that last resort is an option there.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    would be nice to leave that open all 5 days to let those of use with a 1/2/1 **** (lots of mine look like that) try and try again. Also have 450K dp pts saved, so really hope that last resort is an option there.

1 vs 1, it would have to be a Whales TU. But I would think that's an available route.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    would be nice to leave that open all 5 days to let those of use with a 1/2/1 **** (lots of mine look like that) try and try again. Also have 450K dp pts saved, so really hope that last resort is an option there.

1 vs 1, it would have to be a Whales TU. But I would think that's an available route.
    Good thing I've stored up 6 TUs and 500k points. :laugh:
  • I think a simple WXF SS or cyke FB are enough, no need to go as far as a super whales.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    The preview thread says it will be available on the 5th day, when LCap is up in DDQ. It was last updated 9/4 by IceIX, so we've had another source for 6 days, other than the interviews, the in-depth thread, etc.
    UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    Daken - Blue
    Squirrel Girl - Green
    Doctor Doom - Purple
    Mystique - Black
    Hulk - Black

Falcon - Purple
    Psylocke - Black
    Beast - Yellow
    Bullseye - Green
    Captain America - Blue / Legendary Token(!!!)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    And the first battle will be Falcap so everyone who only has his blue will have to bring big team ups since his blue is useless without his yellow ability
  • TxMoose
    wymtime wrote:
    And the first battle will be Falcap so everyone who only has his blue will have to bring big team ups since his blue is useless without his yellow ability
    great. mine is -/2/1. where was this info? how do you know its falcap?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Psychic pessimism powers, I expect.

(My money's on Wolverine - use the oldest and most popular 4* to ease people into things)
  • I think they should go with alphabetical order, starting with antman.
  • TxMoose
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I think they should go with alphabetical order, starting with antman.
    weren't the pvp progressions rotating alphabetically? that would make sense to keep it consistent. however, it would be a nice nod to the playerbase to run it oldest characters to newest characters, giving us a chance to ease into it with what we most likely have covered the best.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

I will repeat my prior statements that the 40-pack pricing, in particular, is grotesque (well, except maybe that 1.7% daily discount! /sarcasm). ...

So then don't buy it. There are a ton of overpriced products everywhere, where do you goto complain about those?

Yea 40 packs are crazy expensive for what you get and d3 has every right to set the price high, low, or however they like.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Vhailorx wrote:

I will repeat my prior statements that the 40-pack pricing, in particular, is grotesque (well, except maybe that 1.7% daily discount! /sarcasm). ...

So then don't buy it. There are a ton of overpriced products everywhere, where do you goto complain about those?

Yea 40 packs are crazy expensive for what you get and d3 has every right to set the price high, low, or however they like.

Considering how many 40 packs D3 will be selling this weekend, I sure hope management won't blow the surge in revenue on things like employee bonuses rather than, say, server upgrades. icon_e_biggrin.gif