Soo I bought a Stark Salary..

2»

Comments

• Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    don't try your luck, just buy the covers outright

Yep, i've played by that philosophy a long time. Problem with the Surfer is you can't buy his covers though. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I actually think that of all people that have ever posted their disgruntlement about poor luck when purchasing 40+ packs, OP has been the most civil, self-aware and understanding. Kudos and better luck next time (i.e. don't try your luck, just buy the covers outright :p)

Thank you for noticing. Everyone else thinks I'm just being a cry baby jerk face icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I actually think that of all people that have ever posted their disgruntlement about poor luck when purchasing 40+ packs, OP has been the most civil, self-aware and understanding. Kudos and better luck next time (i.e. don't try your luck, just buy the covers outright :p)

Thank you for noticing. Everyone else thinks I'm just being a cry baby jerk face icon_lol.gif

Mate you're the Punisher. Just shoot them in the face.

Can't, I only have 2 Red.. but I've pulled about 20 Black icon_lol.gif
  • If it makes you feel any better I got a Leg token from DDQ today and got a Yellow 4hor..the only one I DON'T need for her icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    If it makes you feel any better I got a Leg token from DDQ today and got a Yellow 4hor..the only one I DON'T need for her icon_lol.gif

The 4* DDQ is up?! I did not see it. Or did you pull the Legendary token from the vault?

Sucks on the Thor Yellow. I won't have to worry about that for awhile but I can definitely see why players would be mad reaching 1300 pts in PVP to open up a 4* they have maxed.
  • If it makes you feel any better I got a Leg token from DDQ today and got a Yellow 4hor..the only one I DON'T need for her icon_lol.gif

The 4* DDQ is up?! I did not see it. Or did you pull the Legendary token from the vault?

Sucks on the Thor Yellow. I won't have to worry about that for awhile but I can definitely see why players would be mad reaching 1300 pts in PVP to open up a 4* they have maxed.

Vault pull!

I was thinking about that also...hella work just to get another throw away. Oh well at least it's more ISO than the usual 2 star pulls I guess
  • My highest character is 110 and the last node was all level 208 for me
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    erbalist wrote:
    My highest character is 110 and the last node was all level 208 for me

I think you are in the wrong thread dude icon_lol.gif
  • Philly79 wrote:
    erbalist wrote:
    My highest character is 110 and the last node was all level 208 for me

I think you are in the wrong thread dude icon_lol.gif

Yeah this might be why i couldn't find my post in the right thread!
  • Punisher5784
    edited September 2015
    After the huge disappointment of my 40pk purchase, my Season end token pulls more than makes up for it.

I reached the 10pk at 4000, placed T25 for two 10pks, and received 5 tokens for the Alliance (35 tokens total):

10pk 1:
    greenflag.pngicon_ragnarok.png (Useable)
    yellowflag.pngicon_starlord.png (Works for me)
    yellowflag.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png (Not needed but still usable)
    yellowflag.pngicon_professorx.png (YES!)
    blueflag.pngicon_psylocke.png (Not needed but still usable)

Two 4*'s and all usable 3*'s, I am very happy with this pack!

10pk 2:
    purpleflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png (First one!)
    yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png (Not Needed, might start a second one)
    purpleflag.pngicon_kamalakhan.png (Not Needed, might start a second one)
    purpleflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png (WHOA!)

Not 1 but 2 Jean Grey's of the same color.. she really is "Full of Surprises!"

10pk 3:
    yellowflag.pngicon_hood.png (Not Needed)
    blackflag.pngicon_ironfist.png (Not Needed, might start a second one)
    blackflag.pngicon_quicksilver.png (Useable)
    yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png (Needed)

No 4*s but the BP was definitely needed, he's my least covered 3* so this made it worth it (3/1/3).

5 Tokens:
    blackflag.pngicon_bullseye.png (Not needed but still usable)
    greenflag.pngicon_shehulk.png (YES! 5th Green)

2/5 works for me, She-Hulk Green was needed.

So overall 14/35, 4 of which were 4*'s and 11 are useable with 3 maybe duplicates. I am very happy! icon_e_biggrin.gif

This is what my 40pk should of been! icon_lol.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    After the huge disappointment of my 40pk purchase,

Man I need your luck on 4*.

I also bought a 40 pack and along with the end of season rewards, few stockpiled tokens and my 10 pack progression I got 1 fury from legendary and 1 iw. That's it. So 2 covers one was guaranteed a 4*. Me sad.

Oh well saved me money in long run as there were certain 4* covers I'd have upgraded but I don't have them yet. Not to mention the 2 40 packs I was planning to buy for iceman's pvp. With that luck though hell no! Grinding weekends sucks though..

Hopefully this comment will improve my token juju like it did for you icon_e_smile.gif
  • Punisher5784
    thisone wrote:

I also bought a 40 pack and along with the end of season rewards, few stockpiled tokens and my 10 pack progression I got 1 fury from legendary and 1 iw. That's it. So 2 covers one was guaranteed a 4*. Me sad.

Oh well saved me money in long run as there were certain 4* covers I'd have upgraded but I don't have them yet. Not to mention the 2 40 packs I was planning to buy for iceman's pvp. With that luck though hell no! Grinding weekends sucks though..

Hopefully this comment will improve my token juju like it did for you icon_e_smile.gif

I must say whenever I vent my token frustration on the forums, normally the next time I open tokens I yield great rewards, but that could simply be a coincidence icon_e_wink.gif

I rarely pull 4*'s so this was a pleasant surprise overall. I wish you LUCK on your next token pulls icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:

I must say whenever I vent my token frustration on the forums, normally the next time I open tokens I yield great rewards, but that could simply be a coincidence icon_e_wink.gif

I rarely pull 4*'s so this was a pleasant surprise overall. I wish you LUCK on your next token pulls icon_e_biggrin.gif

I will respond to this thread next time I pull a 4* (not counting from legendary tokens hah). See you in November 2016!
  • The 4* pull rates from tokens are gonna increase when the new season starts so you might wanna hold your token pulls and purchases for now
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gongz wrote:
    The 4* pull rates from tokens are gonna increase when the new season starts so you might wanna hold your token pulls and purchases for now

Can you cite this, to my understanding it's only increasing because they can't reasonably lower them that much lower then 1-2% and like just shifted it to make room for the new 4 stars as opposed to them all being raised significantly.

I wouldn't expect it to be different enough to consider stocking up the like potential weeks worth of tokens you can get, if the raise is lower then 10%.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Gongz wrote:
    The 4* pull rates from tokens are gonna increase when the new season starts so you might wanna hold your token pulls and purchases for now

Can you cite this, to my understanding it's only increasing because they can't reasonably lower them that much lower then 1-2% and like just shifted it to make room for the new 4 stars as opposed to them all being raised significantly.

I wouldn't expect it to be different enough to consider stocking up the like potential weeks worth of tokens you can get, if the raise is lower then 10%.

Will - So you've seen some changes along those lines. For example, there's a bump to the 4-Star drop rate in Heroic packs and Event packs a couple of months back. We'll be doing that again at the start of Season XIX, but there's also more big changes coming to that.