Gauntlet Sim 41 w/ 3* only

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Has anyone beaten this node of 4pool/IF/LC at level 335 without any 4* characters? I'm exhausted from just looking for teams to attempt. The synergy between them is awesome. I cant wait to get a usable 4pool to use this as a defense team.

Please list characters used as well as any useful tips.
Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Just wait until you get to the worst node in the entire gauntlet. Fistbuster + Hood. My hood had 10k+ health. My fist had 15k+ health. My buster had 20k+ health. What a stupid node.

For that node though I'd just go Lcap Hood Spidey or Loki. Spidey would cut down on their match damage while you build up for cap and Loki would do roughly the same with less damage mitigation but offer acceleration.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    I beat Sim 41 at level 377 with maxed lazy cap/sw/hood. It took...many tries. Basically just get lucky and got enough purple and blue early to stun dp with blue while taking out IFs tile, then pray that purple stuns IF. After that it's just a typical play defensive until lazy cap gets rolling match. Ended the match with everyone half-dead, but I got through it.

Ironically, took sw/cap/quicksilver to that fistbuster/hood match and beat it on the first try. Pretty much the same thing, got super lucky with stunning hood and IF, ate an overdrive and fist purple, but besides that it was typical shield spam until victory. Quicksilver even helped out blowing up his blue passive twice. Came out with everyone at 60-80% health which I was shocked by.

So...yes it's possible, you don't need to go crazy and try to whale 40packs to attack this node with 4*s. Don't give up hope!

Edited for typo.
  • razput1n
    razput1n Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Hulk/She hulk/Kamala worked great for me, took a couple tries, but you put hulk in front and get anger procd every turn, then use that green for She Hulk denial which procs kamalas heal, your objective is getting blue so you can steal either of their special tiles
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I spent about 15 health packs and countless boosts trying the 3* cap, she-hulk, KK team and then trying to swap out hood for she hulk or KK but it was a no go.

Finally switched to 3* Thor, Loki, and 3* spiderman and won on the first try.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I used Lcap hulk gsbw and boosts. Cap stun and hulk anger every time IF fist hit worked well.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    After a dozen plus tries I finally beat it.

LCap/KK/modBW...boost pink/blue...boost all ap...Windstorm teamup.

I was lucky to get a lot of blue early. It was a long tedious match but never really in danger. BW never lost a point, luckily.
    Now the next problem......
  • I beat it using Capt. Marvel, Cyclops, Khan. All opponents were level 395. Marvel will build red and black every turn due to IF strike tile and KK will heal pretty much every turn. I also used a retribution team up to finish off cage when he got to 40 percent.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I have had a stupid amount of luck with Grey Suit / Spidey / Rocket & Groot, rocket tanks and heals himself, purple protects and accelerates green. I have done most of system failure (or whatever the last section is) with this team against 300+ enemies. With no boosts.
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    It took me a looonnnggggg time to beat this, and I tried many different combos, but I finally lucked out with Cap/KK/Loki. I boosted r/y, b/g, and all. Got a couple red matches early, and the AI got a couple of match-4s, setting off Loki's passive.

I used Cap's blue on Fist, overwriting his attack tile -- it was hitting me for over 1k per turn, too costly to leave out without a few of Cap's shields out. I used Cap's red on DP, and purple for Loki if I needed a cheap way to get KK's healing, or for KK herself if I had enough.

I was able to use KK's green to down 'Pool, then went to work on Fist. Once he went down, I thought I was home free, but Cage's yellow took down a fully healed KK, even though he had no allies left! A bit dicey after that, since Cage managed to cascade away all my shields, plus my blue CD tile. Fortunately I had a boosted Spidey yellow TU, which kept Cap and Loki in the game long enough for Cap's red to do the job.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited September 2015
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32678#p408142

If you go my next reply I mention some teams that might help you.

I used a level 15 moonstone to steal the protect tiles and attacks tiles. You can either wait until 4Pool is weak enough that your AoEs will down him or you can just steal three protect tiles (make sure you wait to steal them when they are in a good position on the board, match away the protect tiles before you steal them if they are in a bad position). Once you've got enough protect tiles, 4Pool can't enforce against you.

Hood is a good option to slow them down and accelerate your plans. Patch + Hood + Moonstone would probably work. Someone else suggested Settlement, but I think that's too slow.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Arctic_One wrote:
    Has anyone beaten this node of 4pool/IF/LC at level 335 without any 4* characters? I'm exhausted from just looking for teams to attempt. The synergy between them is awesome. I cant wait to get a usable 4pool to use this as a defense team.

Please list characters used as well as any useful tips.
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
    Try this one
    Captain marvel+ captain America+ kk
    My cap marvel red is strong then cap America, so everytime captain marvel make black and red match, she will be the front line
    The ironfist attack tile will induce captain marvel create 5 red and three black ap, use captain America to fire red captain marvel to fire black, once captain America is on red and blue cycle, kk continuous heal the team
    I target DP first and may stun it
    Iron fist 2nd then cage the third. Believe in me, it is easy
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to do sim 41 with 5/3/5 patch, 5/3/5 loki and my current 4/5/4 doom, after the first round of trickery on zerk rage I got off a techno strike into summon demons and I was able to grind them down with my own attack tiles and finished up cage with a massive diabolical plot + strike tiles.
    Just wait until you get to the worst node in the entire gauntlet. Fistbuster + Hood. My hood had 10k+ health. My fist had 15k+ health. My buster had 20k+ health. What a stupid node.

For that node though I'd just go Lcap Hood Spidey or Loki. Spidey would cut down on their match damage while you build up for cap and Loki would do roughly the same with less damage mitigation but offer acceleration.

I just realized how sneaky they were with this node because if you want to at least get the blade purple you have to do this hell node with **** QS and not sim 42 since doing 42 still leaves you 39 points shy of the cover.

this is the most sadistic gauntlet they've ever done.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wait until you get to the worst node in the entire gauntlet. Fistbuster + Hood. My hood had 10k+ health. My fist had 15k+ health. My buster had 20k+ health. What a stupid node.

Ironically, I was able to Hulkbomb that node. And they were scaled to 395, but I guess I got lucky... Hulk had 2000 health left when I was done, but Quicksilver and Patch were mostly unharmed.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Cap/SW/Hood worked for me. Hood died but the other two made it icon_e_smile.gif I did use boosts though (2 all, 2 R/Y, 2 B/P). Mine were scaled to 370 I think. Go after 4Pool first, and use Cap's shields to overwrite the protect/attack tiles.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* only? Damn. Can I cheat and use 2 stars?

Moonstone (lvl 60), Daredevil (lvl 140) and Cap Marvel (lvl 140) made short work of that node. Marvel feeds Moonstone black and everyone tanks for Moonstone. She steals the special times turn after turn and you just win. Even vs lvl 334s.

Just take out DPX first. Countdown for what hurts.
  • Winfinite with MagnetoMN, Mystique and Cyclops
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I did it at level 395 with Patch 5/3/5, Loki 5/3/5 and a lot of luck. I got Berserker Rage and Trickery down early. DP went down the turn after he got his Countdown tiles out. Loki eventually got killed but I still had a lot of protect tiles down. My third character, Hulk, underleveled and not matching any tiles until Loki was down, did Clap once but otherwise did nothing.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used a 4* myself. But I think that moonstone is a great suggestion. tile stealing is very strong against cage, iron fist, and any one who produces strong strike tiles (like imhb).

Lots of good combos with ap theft to slow the ai down plus tile stealing to neuter if and cage.

Also worth bringing someone who uses purple, since you will probably want to deny both if and deadpool purple.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Posted in the other thread about gauntlet being evil, but go cap marvel(355)/she-hulk(prefer 535)/kamala(any build).

Good colour coverage, cheap skills with ap generation, pretty hard to lose unless you're really unlucky. Stun pool and then use all the aoes your heart desires. I cleared with all 3 still in good health at the end, no boosts used.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I used Patch/Loki/Hood for that one. I saved up as much as I could until it was go time (i.e. one of their big abilities was about to go off). Then dumped two Berserker Rages, a Best There Is and stole everything back with Trickery. An AOE team up and 3 shuffles finished off all but one of them, and DLP did the rest.

I think I brought a stockpile all and a g/b stockpile too since none of them steals.