Should I just quit...?

2»

Comments

• Great OP, and some thoughtful, non-"you suck at games" responses, which is always refreshing in this forum...

That said, I agree with what some others have said.

With MPQ, it really comes down to finding your "sweet spot" more than any other game I've played.

I've discovered that I simply cannot survive PvE played the "correct" way, so I either choose progression with the intention of bailing early or starting late for T100. This shift alone has saved me much anxiety, and I'm still earning cards and the HP to actually roster them.

With PvP, I've learned that I can reliably make the T100 starting late as well, and usually T50 or T25 if the prizes are not valuable to others but still needed by me (the last Hulk PvP for example gave me a pretty relaxed T50 for a Hulk redflag.png and some desperately needed HP).

Further, with PvP, there are quite a few "lower level" rewards that really help my roster (3*s and HP) to be had merely playing the Simulator with minimal intent and getting my 150-200 easy points in each event, which ultimately got me (if my memory serves me) a Torch, a CMarv from Sim progressions, and a BW card for the 3000 season progression.

As always, the DDQ is a godsend in MPQ. I honestly wonder how many deletions D3 saved simply by implementing that one feature. I know it continues to keep me going.

I guess what I'm saying is:

tl;dr: There's a bunch of MPQ to be enjoyed still. If you're feeling like you're burning out, be honest with yourself about your expectations, and adjust accordingly. I know for myself that I enjoy the bones of the game, so as long as I can find something that feels worthwile to do, I'll keep it around.

Good luck out there.

DBC

Yeah, maybe I'm just getting too old for games haha. But I agree, I started playing this game because I generally enjoyed it so maybe I'll just stick to the basics and see how that goes...
  • Billigoat wrote:
    I hit that spot a few months ago. My advice is to just play casually. MPQ has gotten really good at balancing out hard-core players and casual, making sure both sides have fun.

The weekly buffs change the field up enough to play a few matches a day and have fun. If you only like the meta-game and not the actual matches, then I'd recommend stopping, but there's a reason you picked up the game in the first place, and it probably wasn't so you could grind straight for 7 days icon_e_smile.gif

Eventually you'll randomly find yourself in a bracket that's full of people playing casually and you'll end up in the top 10 and you'll be like... "**** I didn't even want this character" but it's a welcome surprise. lol

The real reason I started was because I wanted to give Marvel $20 for a measly 2900 hp lol. But really, I like the characters and because I used to be able to play sparsely and still manage to get good prizes (whereas in other games a new player gets owned right after the tutorial lol).

And yeah, I got 3 Mr. Fantastic covers and I didn't even want him haha. Why couldn't I get 3 Jean Grey covers instead?! Haha
  • Well, it's a game, so ask yourself, do I enjoy playing it anymore? If the answer is yes, stay, if the answer is no, quit.
    I no longer constantly fight for top 10 or even 100 either. I got burned out doing that. But I enjoy the game itself. That's the main reason I started AARP Avengers (we're full, sorry) so that players like me could still get the alliance benefits, have a good group, but no one needed to feel like they had to play any more than they actually wanted to play. Plus, I don't need to get every new character and max it right away to enjoy playing. If you do, and that's no longer possible, then again, maybe it's time to find a new game you enjoy more.

Definitely... Maybe I'll just go back to playing Mario Kart haha. But more than that, I think I just needed to talk to other people about it and hear what their experiences or opinions are/were. And, yeah, I like my alliance and we've been doing better in rankings each event so at least I have that going for me lol.