Iso8, the holy grial of the game

Options
13»

Comments

• It'd be good if there's some kind of ongoing PvE events that reset every 3 days or so. The reward can be comparatively less (or harder than normal) but it'll give you something to do so you don't have time like right now when there's only 1 event going on.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    But you only represent a small, small percentage of the player base that could even do such a thing. That's assuming you could even keep up such a pace for more than a few weeks before burning out.

Can any player with lower level characters comment on this because now I'm curious. If you start with seed teams how long does it take the average player to get to 100 points in a random lightning round?

I wouldn't need to keep up the pace if they were always available. And like Phantron said I wouldn't need to max more than a few 3 stars anyway (if even one).
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Just a general comment: if lightning rounds were always on I would earn 10000 iso daily. .
    But how many hours of play is that?

10, 10-15 minutes sessions spread throughout the day at 6:15,7,9,11am,1,3,5,7,9,11pm.

Someone will say I couldn't keep that up but if they were truly offered all of the time I wouldn't need to.

EDIT: Also because of tanking my mmr would be so low that (under the current setup) no tourney would ever be a challenge for me.

It seems like farming then first pve mission for 20 iso makes a similar, if not a bigger, amount of iso in the same amount of time. currently with a mid level ironman/storm/black widow, my bot makes about 1000 iso an hour. Of course someone would have to stay in front of the computer to farm those, but with a bot it's not as insane.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm talking about the pace of playing 10 seperate times, at specific times, every day of the week. Forever.

Maybe you have the lifestyle/stamina to do such a thing, but it's hard for me to imagine that would be the norm.

edit: lol Tom, you crack me up.
  • Sorry Tom, I edited that post so the 10 doesn't confuse anyone else!
  • Yeah I'm at work from 08:00 am to 19/20:00. I don't do the kind of job where you can take time to sit and play you mobile games instead of working.

I'd be more than happy to buy the ISO I wanted, but not at anywhere near the current cash conversion.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

I'm merely saying that prizes/loot/gold/etc need to scale somewhat larger the further you get into a game because your needs change due to the exponentiality of level scaling and the dangers you are facing (when fighting) are greater.

This is a pretty standardized concept in games that have RPG mechanics attached to them.

Giving players (that have higher starred heroes) the chance to win 25-50% more ISO than the new players is not going to fundamentally break the game or cause this imaginary 'flight of bored players'.

What it is going to do is keep more higher leveled players engaged because they are seeing slightly more progress for their hours spent playing.

Judging by the amount of high-leveled forum goers that have already quit, I would say the current ISO-constrained system isn't doing much to keep them enthralled.

That's it. Progression in this game is very difficult for high level characters.

abuelo wrote:
    I don't get why people are viewing ISO as a goal. To me it is a qualification, the goal is the tournament placings and the associated prizes. All I see is max level characters (which I consider o be 85 or 100+).

Ultimately I am in a situation where 85% of my roster is functionally useless because I'll never get to level them. Strong game design that.

Just like me.

abuelo wrote:
    Yeah I'm at work from 08:00 am to 19/20:00. I don't do the kind of job where you can take time to sit and play you mobile games instead of working.

I'd be more than happy to buy the ISO I wanted, but not at anywhere near the current cash conversion.

Exactly the same here. I can't play at wotk, and I would pay for iso if it wasn't THAT expensive (I have bought more than one HP package because I think the price is far more reasonable

In the end everybodu plays with the same characters because no one bothers to spend a lot of time money to play level up characters that you just want to try, or use in some ocasions. And we are not asking the devs to give iso for free or in truck loads, just that they raise the rewards a little bit or/and that they add events that we can constantly play to win iso.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The rewards will be higher once they have lesser players online each day