Line Q&A w/ IceIX

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reading the transcript IceIX mentioned top score in pve will reward a legendary token, does that mean the reward structure will look like
    1: Legendary Token + 2 previous ranks
    2: 4* character + previous rank
    3-10: featured character, 3 covers
  • fmftint wrote:
    Reading the transcript IceIX mentioned top score in pve will reward a legendary token, does that mean the reward structure will look like
    1: Legendary Token + 2 previous ranks
    2: 4* character + previous rank
    3-10: featured character, 3 covers

I think the idea is that the legendary token will be instead of getting a named 4*.

And thanks to ice for taming the time to do this!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Have you seen some of the things beans can do? Best scene in the amazing movie Blazing Saddles? Jack and the Beanstalk? Beans are important resources and need to be carefully tracked by skilled trained personnel.
    Obviously, none of these people have played Bohnanza.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Have you seen some of the things beans can do? Best scene in the amazing movie Blazing Saddles? Jack and the Beanstalk? Beans are important resources and need to be carefully tracked by skilled trained personnel.
    Obviously, none of these people have played Bohnanza.

It's in my stack of strange games. Haven't run it for awhile though!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding the crash penalty, would it be more possible to kill whatever function in the game is calling home during fights? You say battles happen client side, but 99% of my crashes happen when my Wi-Fi is spotty or I lose cell coverage, so....
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I left GFC a while ago, so I missed out on the real one as well. Thanks for putting up the transcript. Nice to read thru a lot of the questions/answers.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    We laughted about it. Pot shots at passing cars.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Most noteworthy answer I saw
    Scoregasms - Hmm, will rostering a 5* actually mess up scaling for those folks that keep an intentionally low roster level?
    Scoregasms - Like the 94-100 max roster peeps I see a lot?
    IceIX - Nope.

Conspiracy theorists that believe the devs do nothing but spew lies and have anecdotal data to prove it in 3... 2... 1...

Okay what about 2. We have heard scaling is the best 2 or 3 on your team. My scaling goes higher when my couple leveled 4* are boosted and my 166 3* . What's the truth?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding the crash penalty, would it be more possible to kill whatever function in the game is calling home during fights? You say battles happen client side, but 99% of my crashes happen when my Wi-Fi is spotty or I lose cell coverage, so....

I play on Steam. If it crashes during a match, it always crash at the start of a fight. Board drops and *thud*. Always make for the best hops.

It has occasionally dumped while on a menu, but that's just a minor annoyance.

So far, on Android, it hasn't crashed once in 25 days of casual play.

I've never seen a Steam crash (but only play my Steam alt rarely) and in over a year of playing Android has very very very rarely crashed mid-fight when I have a stable Internet connection. Thus, my suspicion that the solution for crashes is not to add a feature that would require more server verification, but to remove whatever's demanding it now.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I am a steam player, and I do get occasionally game crashes. Sometimes it's an issue w/ the patch, but those get corrected soon enough. icon_lol.gif

I'm too lazy to read a transcript, but then again I'm still wrapping my head around having a 5 star.png in my roster, how it affects scaling, etc. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    "We're going to be changing the alliance award to something else, anyway."

What was that all about?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I think that is in reference to top 100 season getting a legendary token, instead of a named 4*
  • IceIX wrote:
    nonnel wrote:
    While the first thread by Stax was hilarious, and of course a joke, this one really happened. Ice entertained a ton of questions and was very forthcoming in his answers. It was quite enjoyable.

To be honest, when it started, I thought Jamie was pulling an even bigger on is then what Stax did.

My line iD is in my sig. Feel free to send me a note and I can send you a screen shot or two.
    Pretty much this. The first one was a joke. This one was me deciding that I'd hop on and answer some questions since it'd be likely to head off a bunch of repeated chatter on the forums at the pass. Jamie then took that one step further and pulled together people for it. I was just planning on busting in and impromptu-ing it. icon_e_smile.gif

so if someone on the forum pretends something happened that didn't but it generates enough buzz and the action is well received the dev team might just start doing it?

interesting... anyone want to start a rumor of a hp sale for october or 3x hp and iso during anniversary weak?
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    JordonLee wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    One more hint was given by Ice that didn't make it into the transcript, and that was that both would be 'Hawkeye Initiative' characters. So looks like stupid sexy Cyclops might be getting some competition...

I wasn't familiar with "hawkeye initiative" stuff, so I googled and the results just gave me more questions.

However, if stupid sexy Cyclops is getting a run for his money, I'm impressed. I like the art on this game, and stuff like this just makes it all the more entertaining and.. fruitful.
    (trying to pick my words so I don't sound like a pervert hahaha)

OMG googling the hawkeye initiative was so worth it.

http://pre02.deviantart.net/5878/th/pre ... 6bn5d9.jpg
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Awesome, thanks for posting this up so that everyone could see!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    puppychow wrote:
    I think that is in reference to top 100 season getting a legendary token, instead of a named 4*

Ah, so there will STILL be little to no effort to include the PvE players into all of this 5* star pandering, as i had originally figured?

Wonderful.........
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Ah, so there will STILL be little to no effort to include the PvE players into all of this 5* star pandering, as i had originally figured?

Wonderful.........

If you actually bothered to read the whole thing instead quickly jumping to conclusions on unrelated facts to confirm your own negative bias, you'd have noticed that there's a legendary token as a progression reward in PVE. In fact, it's the only legendary token given as a personal progression reward in the game, so arguably, the easiest one to get of them all.

And you wonder why people call you whiny (feel free to block me again for this.)
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    didn't anybody ask about making PVE less competitive and more PvE?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:

Well:
    Noxeema DeathKnight - Any chance PvE will become progression rewards vs the current system? Playing the PvE bracket watch game is not fun and the current system is extremely taxing on people with a life.
    IceIX - Unlikely. Gauntlet is our progression based testbed. Doesn't mean we won't expand that but the likelihood of competitive PVE going away? Pretty low.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Well:
    IceIX - the likelihood of competitive PVE going away? Pretty low.
    Yeah, I was saddened by that answer.

I wish at the very least that competitive PvE would stop being the primary method of new character release. There have been some rays of hope with Carnage cover giveaways and the Ant-Man PvE, and 5* use a separate model entirely.