Poll: How much money do you spend on MPQ?

herm1978
herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm at day 598 right now and I have spent money on HP for roster slots maybe once or twice. Aside from that I can't justify spending real money on this games seeing what I would get for it. ISO is just ridiculous overpriced and buying one 4* cover for 2,5k HP is just not going to happen. I need my HP for roster slots (the collecting part is a big part of what makes it fun for me).

I'd really like to support the developers with some small sums now and again but imo they need to get more generous/inventive with what we can buy. I play another Marvel game with the words fight and future in it and that game makes me feel like I get something even if I only spend a handful of dollars every month.

I'm a bit curious about how frequently people spend real money on this game. Are there many people that spend a few (lets say <10) USD a month and if there isnt wouldnt that be something for the developer to aim for?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    I dropped 20 for slots a couple of times then I jumpstarted my *** transition (5 months ago) with 6 cover purchases and a stark. purchased one other cover later and the rest of that stark has gone to slots and shields. wasted a lot on shields early when I first started going for 1K before I got better and planning things out and my roster got better. will probably buy another stark when I completely run out or as soon as they run a sale. down to under 2K now. don't really know how to vote - I'm between 2 of them. moving forward as long as my interest stays, i'll probably do a stark once a year or so.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've played enough of these freemium rodeos in the past to know that trying to go full F2P ends up being quite frustrating, so I decided when I started MPQ some 250'ish days ago (or whenever it was) that I wasn't going down that road again. Still, I can't wrap my head around the idea of spending huge sums of money on a phone game.

So I've tended to make about 1 purchase per month, typically either the $2 or $5 option. Once, in a bad cover crunch (I had multiple 4* counting down to expiry), I forked over $20. The only thing I've purchased has been roster slots.

I'll be due for a $5 buy in September, I think. I've got two 4* in inventory again and less than 200 HP.

As for Future Fight... that game just gifted me 1000 crystals. The equivalent of $20 I think. D3 really should be taking notes from those guys.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never have never will spend on this game. Two words True Healing. This single yet massive change right royally peed me off, so I protest against it with my wallet to let them now that it too shall most certainly not pass.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I would like to buy something as thanks for all the time it's stolen from me that could have been spent doing useful things, but the most interesting part of the game for me is working out how to progress with only in-game resources, and taking a shortcut there would gut the fun for me. Maybe. I don't know.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm willing to throw them $20 every so often. I'll generally do so when I meet the one of the following criteria:

- I'm running real low on HP
    - they run a sale
  • The last 3 months at least a few starks a month, I don't want to know the real number. The important thing is I'm having fun right? icon_lol.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    herm1978 wrote:
    I'm at day 598 right now and I have spent money on HP for roster slots maybe once or twice. Aside from that I can't justify spending real money on this games seeing what I would get for it. ISO is just ridiculous overpriced and buying one 4* cover for 2,5k HP is just not going to happen. I need my HP for roster slots (the collecting part is a big part of what makes it fun for me).

I'd really like to support the developers with some small sums now and again but imo they need to get more generous/inventive with what we can buy. I play another Marvel game with the words fight and future in it and that game makes me feel like I get something even if I only spend a handful of dollars every month.

I'm a bit curious about how frequently people spend real money on this game. Are there many people that spend a few (lets say <10) USD a month and if there isnt wouldnt that be something for the developer to aim for?

MFF entirely embarrasses this game as far the major currency goes ,visible and constant progression based on how you play, giving you incentives to spend along with entirely viable ways to slowly earn the major currency. (not to mention they're giving out $20 USD of the major currency this week to celebrate land marks, and you regularly log into suprise 'oh hey heres a few major currency, or hey heres some of our 'health packs' just because today. Here have this character to level up at your own rate) I've already spent more money on that game and I enjoy the gameplay less just because it feels like, well damn, have some support.

I'd spend more if money did something more concrete/ were updated accurately.
    Buying roster slots feels intuitive because of how the cost scales, and 9/10 the slot im buying is for a character I can't use.
    Purchasing ISO is unreasonable. It's not any sort of discussion.
    Purchasing Covers isn't cost effective.
    Purchasing packs is too lottery like. 40 covers and not a single guaranteed character, not even a guarantee of a single cover of the essentials of the pve event?
    The boosts available for purchase for hero points, once again have their value proposition screwed. 100 HP, aka top 50 for two events, for get this, 2 extra of every color for 6 matches, or 1 of every color for 3 matches. In comparison to, picking the colors you actually need for 200 iso. icon_e_confused.gif
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    When there is a sale, I'll drop a few bucks. I spend enough time playing to feel like it's worth it. When covers only lasted 7 days, I had to make a couple of panicked purchases.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    382 days played
    $60 US spent
    Will probably make another purchase if/when a sale comes around
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    680 days played
    $60 US spent total - I think my last purchase was well over a year ago. It was before Classic Magneto was re-configured.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Would have to go through my payment history to see how much I actually spent on this game, but it's probably a lot more than I would care to admit. icon_razz.gif Considering the time I've spent on this game though it's not really a lot. A while back I used to spend more regularly (2-3 agency expenses a month, maybe a Logan's loonies every once in a while), but way less these days. Partly in protest at some of the numerous terrible changes they implemented, but I guess I'm at the point where I can comfortably progress without spending money.
  • Stark salary every three weeks. Gotta cover the freeloaders ya know.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    on day 309

give them 20 bucks when i first join for slots
    Gave them 33 bucks when steam has the 49.99 Coin.iso deal

so 53 so far.. Do i ever see putting more cash into the game... Highly doubtful sitting on right now 600,000+ iso and almost 14,000 HP

only use HP for slots and have like 6 slots left open now before i need to start buying

what can they do to make me want to put cash into the game..

Pure progression PVE but they already said that wont happen so blah.

maybe on another sale i might but right now my wallet is shut tight
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I typically spend $20 whenever they do a sale.
  • I'm day 236, spend around 25 $, mostly for rooster slots.
  • Today is day 171 for me. Up until about 6 weeks ago, my spending was limited to a couple $20 HP boosts for roster slots, shields and when tokens went on sale (think the 50HP ones from certain events).

I reached a point where I was in the midst of the transition and had a handful of 3*'s at 8-9 covers and I was getting really frustrated with my lack of movement. I had been in the transition for probably about two months at that point. So I went and bought 3 Stark Salary's and max covered a couple top tier teams and one or two other characters. This completely changed my competitive reality and really made my play time a lot more fun.

I also bought another Stark Salary for one of the Vaults recently as it had some 4* covers that I wanted. I scored all three and used the remaining HP for a few more roster slots. Again, totally worthwhile purchase for me.

I was actually about to buy another one for HP, but at this point, with the anniversary and the new 5* situation, I am probably going to wait and see how things shake out before investing any more money in this game. It feels like a lot of genuine concerns and easy fixes just got passed by for the shiny new thing, and that gives reason to be a little bit cautious. Things could go real wonky, real fast or they could be amazing. Only way to find out is wait it out for a minute.

If I were to think about how much time I have played the game and correlate that to the dollars that I have spent on it, I have no qualms or regrets up to this point.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I used to spend money but I don't anymore. I used to give $5 a month to the game. It never made a huge difference, but it let me buy a coveted 3* cover now and then, which was fun. I liked what I was getting and I liked supporting the game.

Now that I'm in the 4* game I don't spend that $5 anymore. There's nothing fun that I could do with that 500 HP.

I know these games live and die by revenue from the top 1% of spenders, but I still think this is a problem. In that regard, I have to give props to Blizzard. I can always buy a new hero or a pack of cards for just a few bucks if I want to say thanks for a fun game.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    No option for once so I picked 'a few times'. At day 527 and only once has there been a sale since i entered into the 3* transition. If they run another sale then I will be spending more than. No sales, no spend.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    spent 80$ to buy the hp to expand my roster. should be good for awhile.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Too much, but I used to buy a console title once a month easy. Now I'm maybe 1-2 a year.

So between this and hearthstone I've spent insane dollars on mobile games.

But the hours played to dollars spent provides value and the easier ? Progression feels like I've spent money to spend less time playing and more time here. Lol.