A Need to Change When You Become "Visible" to all in PvP

2»

Comments

• XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    j12601 wrote:
    This is a 'suggestion' that has come up repeatedly. It's the way shields used to work when they originally were implemented. Putting them back to that function sounds nice, but would essentially turn each PVP into a 60 hour lightning round. Point inflation would be ridiculous (it used to be that way long ago as well, long before seasons even started). Someone climbs to say... 900. They slap on a shield, but are still able to be queued by everyone. As the points trickle down, soon everyone can have 900 points, so a few go higher and shield. Then everyone reaches that equilibrium. Currently there is a reward for playing more than others. That's always been the case. But there's also some strategy involved in when to hop, how many fights per hop, what teams to use to decrease the chances that someone will finish fighting you while you're out, risk/reward of hitting harder but higher value targets. If you could queue shielded people, you'd always be able to search out easier teams who were shielded, never have to fight hard teams, and climb your way easily past all of the progressions.

Before time slices were a thing for PVP, but seasons were newly in effect, back in Season 1 during Falcon's Top Gun, there was a player named kyip. kyip got up to a reasonable score and shielded. But something was bugged and kyip was still visible. Word got out and everyone found kyip. Most won, but enough lost that soon kyip's score was getting really high as well (ultimately ended up over 1900 due to defensive wins while shielded). People easily hit 1400 without shielding, many ended up over 1700. Keep in mind this is back when victories were maxed out at 50 points each. That's from just one high value target able to be repeatedly mined for points. Someone in one of the threads said they'd hit kyip at least ten times themselves. Now imagine a scenario where it's not one kyip, but everyone is a kyip.

Which is why I stick by the suggestion of limiting the points a shielded person offers based on their score, and never let the shielded person offer 100% score. The only time you should want to hit a shielded target is when there is no one else offering any reasonable points.
    Why is the PvP so hard??? This is not fair. I want a simple easy game where I get 1300 points with no challenge or effort.

I want a PvP mode where I can hit everyone shielded or not and nobody can hit me. I want to win every PvP with my mid leveled 3 stars. I want to be the best PvP player after 100 days even though there are alot of players at 500 days plus. I want to not spend any money.

Please make everything easy for me!!!!!!! \whine \red wine or white?

I just want a PVP that lets me play on my schedule and lets me progress or place according to my skill and not to limit me based on my opponent's availability or what time slice I'm in. Being able to refresh enough and watch the top placers to try to queue them to hit them when you hop is fine if you want to place at the top. It shouldn't be a requirement to actually progress. "Playing at the right time" isn't a skill, it's a chore.

Also:
    I want a PvP mode where I can hit everyone shielded or not and nobody can hit me.
    is exactly what shield-hopping with the "gentleman's agreement" to wait until they re-shield before hitting them is.

Allow people to hit shielded targets and dis-incentivize them to do so - the only people who will hit the shielded targets are the ones who are hard-up for targets to find.
  • The true point of the matter is as follows:

There should be segregated groups of 1, 2, 3 and 4 star match ups. This will be a clear change in programming in the game and probably not a simple one. It appears with the focus on launching new 4 star characters, they understand this, and this is where we're going.

Having a cadre of unbalanced / overpowered new characters ( luke cage, kamala khan, iron fist, cyclops ) is one thing, but having a set up where a guy with a strong stable of 3 star characters can be blitzed by some fortunate player with 2 fully upgraded 4 star characters is not fair, and borderline ****. As a guy with good 3 star characters I don't normally draw a pvp match up with a guy with stacked 2 star characters, so there needs to be a fundamental change in the game instead of cosmetic changes.
  • How about allowing the players to keep the points they won, while the points lost are set aside and counted only at the end of the pvp? This might be useful for those who wanna do a 50point hop to the next (1300?) progression reward. You win the match and hit the progression, but lose 2 matches at the same time and don't get the reward as your points fall below.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Gongz wrote:
    How about allowing the players to keep the points they won, while the points lost are set aside and counted only at the end of the pvp? This might be useful for those who wanna do a 50point hop to the next (1300?) progression reward. You win the match and hit the progression, but lose 2 matches at the same time and don't get the reward as your points fall below.

I really like this idea.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    All I know is there's allegedly folks hitting 3k+ points in PVP and I'm not seeing any of it.
    [/i]

They posted the scores on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQu ... 45/?type=1

Your old signature said something along the lines of "Tired of not getting the information you deserve? Here, look at my schem...uhh, stream so I can provide it to you."

Maybe the problem was with you all along, since you did not see the information that was provided. Maybe all your fullquotes of posts you replied to littering up the forums got in the way of the actual useful information, eh?
  • "Playing at the right time" isn't a skill, it's a chore.

Totally agree with this.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    K8ee wrote:
    "Playing at the right time" isn't a skill, it's a chore.

Totally agree with this.

Totally disagree with this.
  • defixu wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    All I know is there's allegedly folks hitting 3k+ points in PVP and I'm not seeing any of it.
    [/i]

Your old signature said something along the lines of "Tired of not getting the information you deserve? Here, look at my schem...uhh, stream so I can provide it to you."

Maybe the problem was with you all along, since you did not see the information that was provided. Maybe all your fullquotes of posts you replied to littering up the forums got in the way of the actual useful information, eh?
    Welcome to ignore.

I've had plenty of discourse about getting to 1300 in PVP.

Why is everyone so angry and mean on the forums?

Why am I the one who gets banned and reported?

Isn't harassment something we should strive to fight against as well?

I post a 5 sentence response and some knucklehead just can't resist bringing up my old sig(which I was told is an offense on this forums as well), like I don't understand?

Next someone is going to attack me and tell me trickle down economics works.
    OJSP wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    This happened during Hollowpoint Kiss. When someone mentioned this in the forum, I looked at the leaderboard and saw at least 10 people of that said alliance getting more than 3000. Maybe they were trying to prove that no out of game communication is required to coordinate your alliance during PvP. Congratulations to them (one of them i think have made a good post here).
    Konman wrote:
    Make shielded players visible and create a tone more potential targets.
    I can only imagine the non-stop attack announcements, if we become visible whilst shielded.. They would've been 75 points targets for everyone in that time slice. Won't have time to go to the main menu and pick another event to play in.. icon_eek.gif

Also if we have slower devices, the time wasted going through those announcements, might mean we never have a chance to play.

Hollowpoint kiss may exagerrate my point, but I saw scores of 1400 and 1800 in heavy metal.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The lack of responses is because people have had the argument already and now they're just stepping around it.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    I don't think they'd do it. As you can see by the responses against me, lack of upvotes, etc. Others don't agree. As much of this forum believes, I am simply a lone person; the troll who cries wolf.

I can hit progression EVERYWHERE but in 2.5 day PVPs. Why is that? If progression is really supposed to be that elite time-gate it or make it so only X number of people can get it.

Well, at least you are self aware. You didn't see any of the 3k points in PVP because there are 5 time slices and multiple brackets and you can only play in one time slice and one bracket. The players also don't float unshielded at 2k and 3k points, so the chances of you being able to queue them without knowing they're unshielded is even smaller.

Congrats on being able to hit progressions everywhere but in 2.5 day PVPs. Yes, the 1300 isn't supposed to be obtainable by all. The thing is, a lot of people have accepted that fact and/or adjusted their expectations accordingly. Another place you should adjust your expectations accordingly is upvotes; "lack of upvotes" implies that you think you should have more.

You don't even have any maxed or more importantly, usable 4*s yet, so wanting to hit the 1300 top progression in PVP without hitting that milestone yet, is asking for a bit much. Most people on the forums know, that if you have an IMHB and IF, even non maxed, with the right use of shields, you can consistently hit 1300. Others can hit 1300 with boosted 3*s.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    defixu wrote:

Welcome to ignore.

I've had plenty of discourse about getting to 1300 in PVP.

Why is everyone so angry and mean on the forums?

Why am I the one who gets banned and reported?

Isn't harassment something we should strive to fight against as well?

I post a 5 sentence response and some knucklehead just can't resist bringing up my old sig(which I was told is an offense on this forums as well), like I don't understand?

Way to play the victim card. Maybe the problem isn't with everyone else. Strive to fight against harassment and call someone a knucklehead in the same post, way to go. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    With the ever increasing PvP scores required, one thing doesn't seem to have changed: when you become visible for attack by players at all points ranges. I don't see why I should become visible for attack when I have 900 points by a player that only has 200 points, when there are 30 people shielded with 1300 points. It isn't fair that the visibility spreads so much. They need to raise the level that players become visible to those far below their point range to make it so it isn't impossible to climb.

I agree it is a steep cliff, and they should make it more gradual. Going from 950 to 800 points during a jump is a slap in the face, no matter how you look at it.