***** Silver Surfer (Skyrider) *****

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in Character Details
Silver Surfer (Skyrider) icon_silversurfer.png
5 Star Rarity (Epic) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 47478 Tile Damage: 68/521/586/74/63/456/294/4.0x

Perfect Being - 12 bluetile.png AP
The Silver Surfer glows bright with a halo of cosmic energy, removing any imperfections from himself and spreading cosmic radiation across the battlefield. He heals himself for 2745 and creates 2 Charged tiles.

(PASSIVE) Silver Surfer cannot be stunned.
Dev note: Yes, this means you need this power for the stun resist to kick in.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Heals for 3321 and creates 2 Charged tiles. Level 3: Heals for 3516 and creates 3 Charged tiles. Level 4: Heals for 4049 and creates 3 Charged tiles. Level 5: Heals for 4109 and creates 4 Charged tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: Heals for 14136 and creates 3 Charged tiles. Level 4: Heals for 16277 and creates 3 Charged tiles. Level 5: Heals for 16519 and creates 4 Charged tiles.

Cosmic Beam - 7 redtile.png AP
Silver Surfer focuses the Power Cosmic into a powerful beam, blasting his enemies and radiating cosmic energy throughout the battlefield. Deals 1321 to the target and creates 1 Charged tile.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 1547 damage and creates 1 Charged tile. Level 3: Deals 1547 damage and creates 2 Charged tile. Level 4: Deals 1797 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles. Level 5: Deals 2040 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 6217 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles. Level 4: Deals 7220 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles. Level 5: Deals 8197 damage and creates 2 Charged tiles.

Silver Singularity - 13 blacktile.png AP
Silver Surfer creates a miniature black hole which begins to engulf everything. Transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3-turn Colorless Black Hole tile which cannot be matched and does not fall. Every turn it consumes 2 random tiles adjacent to it, dealing damage and generating AP.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates a 3 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 3 tiles per turn. Level 3: Creates a 3 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 4 tiles per turn. Level 4: Creates a 4 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 4 tiles per turn. Level 5: Creates a 4 turn Black Hole tile which destroys 5 tiles per turn.

Vhailor's original post
Silver Surfer (Skyrider) [Insert Icon and/or anchor]

5 Star Rarity (Epic) - (Cosmic Purple Character) [insert links]
Level 255 at 1 cover, plus 15 levels per cover. Level 450 maximum. Approximately 550,000 iso-8 to Max Level.
At Max Level: HP: ????? Tile damage: ??/??/??/??/??/??/??
Immune to Stun (!)

Powers:
    Some other power - ??? ap (Redefining the End-Game) blueflag.png
      This undisclosed power does an undisclosed thing, and also creates some number of Charged tiles. (Silver Surfer warps the meta simply by existing. Sick of chasing all those 4*s you will never finish building? Well it's too late because there is a new trophy in town, and it's silver, and shiny. Chase it!)

Silver Singularity - ??? ap (Devaluing the 3*s) blackflag.png
      Turns a selected tile into a black hole tile(?). Each turn the black hole tile destroys all surrounding tiles, generating AP and causing normal tile damage(?). (Also Silver Surfer passively makes all 40 3*s obsolete, even iron fist :(.)

Healing - ??? ap (Melting the Brains of Whales Who Can't Direct Buy Covers Instantly - infinite ap) purpleflag.png
      Silver Surfer heals himself (possibly true healing?) for an undisclosed amount, and then creates some number of Charged tiles (No whaling it up for Silver Surfer (unless you have $20,000 or more to drop on 40-packs). He's got to be "earned" the new fashioned way, with very hard-to-get legendary tokens.)

Since no one else has done it yet. . .

Comments

• IceIX
      IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
      If you haven't read a few notes on these yet from this post, you may want to now that sticker shock has probably set in on health and match damage.
    • ThatOneGuyjp189512
      ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
      the 500+ match damage is just insane....holy jesus....i can't wait for more of them honestly.
    • morph3us
      morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
      I feel like Quill looking at an Infinity Stone for the first time.

"There’s a little pee coming out of me right now."
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited September 2015
      Is the black hole tile:
      - replaceable (overwriteable)? (Cpt-america)
      - destroyable by powers?
      - affected by CD-tile turn-length altering powers?
      - movable by powers? (Loki)
    • Blahahah
      Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
      Is it true healing?
    • spectator
      spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
      turul wrote:
      Is the black hole tile:
      - replaceable (overwriteable)? (Cpt-america)
      - destroyable by powers?
      - affected by CD-tile turn-length altering powers?
      - movable by powers? (Loki)

I once saw captain America throw his shield to plug a black hole to stop it from consuming a planet. True story
    • Blahahah wrote:
      Is it true healing?
      Removing any imperfections sounds like true healing, but I guess we'll wait for dev clarification.

Also-Does SS black really not provide any added value between levels 2 and 3, other than letting you raise his level? The descriptions are exactly the same.
    • MarcusGraves
      MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
      3/5/5 seems like a really, really easy call on this guy
    • The presumption must be that there is some sort of plan it place, but sheesh, I look at those specs and all I can see is "game-breaking". It just seems so out of skew with what the game looks like right now. One-shot powers, no stun plus healing and charging tiles, destroying tiles every turn and getting AP.

No lie, this character looks like any number of joke threads about what 5* characters will look like.

I want one.
    • Tannen
      Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
      Don't know that it's that easy, consider the alternatives...

4/4/5 -- Lose 1 red cover for "-900 damage" and gain 1 blue cover for "2.5k healing"
      4/5/4 -- Lose 1 black cover for "-4 random AP" and gain 1 blue cover for "2.5k healing"

5/3/5 -- Lose 2 red covers for "-2k damage" and gain 2 blue covers for "2.5k healing and 1 charged tile"
      5/4/4 -- Lose 1 red and 1 black cover for "-900 damage and -4 random AP" and gain 2 blue covers for "2.5k healing and 1 charged tile"
      5/5/3 -- Lose 2 black covers for "-11 random AP" gain 2 blue covers for "2.5k healing and 1 charged tile"

At 4/4/5 and 4/5/4 the loss for the gain seems better. In fact, I would posit that losing 4 random AP (over the four turns that the Singularity ability runs) is well worth gaining 2.5k healing. Even just losing 900 damage for 2.5k heals would be a decent trade. Having said that, I don't really think that the last three are worth it... Adding another blue cover for that extra charged tile just doesn't seem like a good trade...

All fairly moot anyway, because you just know that your covers are going to fall 0/0/15... icon_e_wink.gif

Cheers.
    • GMadMan040 wrote:
      The presumption must be that there is some sort of plan it place, but sheesh, I look at those specs and all I can see is "game-breaking". It just seems so out of skew with what the game looks like right now. One-shot powers, no stun plus healing and charging tiles, destroying tiles every turn and getting AP.

No lie, this character looks like any number of joke threads about what 5* characters will look like.

I want one.
      I think the interesting thing is 4* aren't supposed to be "much better" than 3*, yet 5* obviously are a big jump from EVERYTHING else(which continues 2* > 1*, 3* > 2*, etc).

Tagging for the ensuing discussion. Stream is gonna love this!
    • MarcusGraves
      MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
      Tannen wrote:
      Don't know that it's that easy, consider the alternatives...

4/4/5 -- Lose 1 red cover for "-900 damage" and gain 1 blue cover for "2.5k healing"
      4/5/4 -- Lose 1 black cover for "-4 random AP" and gain 1 blue cover for "2.5k healing"

5/3/5 -- Lose 2 red covers for "-2k damage" and gain 2 blue covers for "2.5k healing and 1 charged tile"
      5/4/4 -- Lose 1 red and 1 black cover for "-900 damage and -4 random AP" and gain 2 blue covers for "2.5k healing and 1 charged tile"
      5/5/3 -- Lose 2 black covers for "-11 random AP" gain 2 blue covers for "2.5k healing and 1 charged tile"

At 4/4/5 and 4/5/4 the loss for the gain seems better. In fact, I would posit that losing 4 random AP (over the four turns that the Singularity ability runs) is well worth gaining 2.5k healing. Even just losing 900 damage for 2.5k heals would be a decent trade. Having said that, I don't really think that the last three are worth it... Adding another blue cover for that extra charged tile just doesn't seem like a good trade...

All fairly moot anyway, because you just know that your covers are going to fall 0/0/15... icon_e_wink.gif

Cheers.

why drop red down one and give up the ability to one shot the majority of 3*s or fatally wound them into the realm of one match from this guy and killing them, SS will have 59k HP, healing would be the least of my worries with this guy.

as for black, can't be matched, stays in place and we get to place it where we want, slap it in the middle of the board and rain death from the damage it deals with his insane match damage from blowing up 5 at a time and hell more AP while we're at it and of course the possibility of cascades, max it.

really though this character is honestly beyond dumb with his stats, lol even a 4x crit multiplier and 294 damage on TUs? Feel like stuff like this will just kill the game.
    • Der_Lex
      Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
      Well, it's awesome to see one of my favorite characters get this treatment.

Not going to cry foul about the stats yet, from Ice's posts on the forum and on LINE it seems like they've thought this transition through and it will be interesting to see where things go from here, with 4* buffs and more 5* characters coming up.
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      raisinbman wrote:
      GMadMan040 wrote:
      The presumption must be that there is some sort of plan it place, but sheesh, I look at those specs and all I can see is "game-breaking". It just seems so out of skew with what the game looks like right now. One-shot powers, no stun plus healing and charging tiles, destroying tiles every turn and getting AP.

I want one.
      I think the interesting thing is 4* aren't supposed to be "much better" than 3*, yet 5* obviously are a big jump from EVERYTHING else(which continues 2* > 1*, 3* > 2*, etc).

IceIX did say 4* would get a power boost once there are a few different 5* in the game, so they may be changing that policy.
    • raisinbman wrote:
      GMadMan040 wrote:

I want one.

And there it is. At any of those levels, a maxed team at the lower tier has a chance of beating a team from the next tier up. That probability diminishes as the tiers increase, but with a good board a little tempo and some luck, it can happen. If all the 5*'s have similar makeup and power, they look like they will just crush the competition. Silver Surfer has specs that look like he could wipe a team of 4*'s all by himself.

But that's just an observation. Personally, I reserve any judgment until the long con presents itself more clearly. There could very well be a number of things that come into play that make it so that transitions are easier and more isolated at each stage than they currently are.

Now, can I please get a tall drink of ISO? I'm so unbelievably thirsty for some.
    • Quebbster wrote:
      raisinbman wrote:
      GMadMan040 wrote:

I want one.

IceIX did say 4* would get a power boost once there are a few different 5* in the game, so they may be changing that policy.
      must've skimmed over that. Its good that they see the hypocrisy now and plan to fix it.

But the most ironic thing?

Will we get Old X-Force Wolverine back since 5* are absolutely bonkers?
    • nwman
      nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
      Well this is insanity. How any team beats him I'm not sure.

Then you can pair this with patch, the enemy strike tiles are not going to matter to this guy.
    • optimus2861
      optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
      From an in-universe power perspective... yeah. SS really should be this powerful. He's a Herald of Galactus, imbued with the Power Cosmic. No existing character in this game could or should be capable of defeating him.

From an in-game perspective... kiss good-bye to anything remotely resembling fair competition once a few players get their hands on him at a usable level. They will wipe the floor with anyone still fielding a 3* team, and even a lot of the 4* teams.

I've been saying for a while that once the 5* tier was introduced it was time for me to move on. I'm willing to give it a little time, but this ludicrous level of power creep - more like power-Hulk-jump - does not bode well for anyone but the elite tier of players.
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      Blahahah wrote:
      Is it true healing?
      Yes. This was already stated by IceIX or the devs somewhere, maybe in the video.
    • Isay_Isay
      Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
      nwman wrote:
      Well this is insanity. How any team beats him I'm not sure.

Then you can pair this with patch, the enemy strike tiles are not going to matter to this guy.

Well technically all you need to do is whittle down his health to 23,738 and let Punisher down him with Retribution.

Easy peasy!