Favourite Teams

Options

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My go to team right now is Beast, Falcon 3*, Surfer (1 red/0/0). Originally I used Beast/Falcon/Psylocke, which works ok even with lowish Psylocke, but it's really too slow.

In the current PvE I've been messing with Cyclops, Loki, She Hulk, which works quite nicely - black is offense and defense, green slows them down, yellow feeds she hulk's red to shake the board up.

Previous PvP I found out that Mystique, Thor3, KK works nicely too - Kamala was simply healing backup since Mystique and Thor already rainbow together.

I need to play more with varied teams because pve drains my health packs badly, but my 3 stars are fairly limited in color options. I definitely need to bring my patch out more, he's 3/3/5 so at least he can heal himself.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    XDP, XFW, Thing

Collect purple, collect black, SS XDP's bombs, and it's usually game over. Thing's an ancillary here, and allows XDP's X-Enforcer to proc, and provides a better outlet for green.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png with a star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    XDP, Thing, Hood

This team's more defensively robust than the team above, but not as quick on the attack. Hood's protected from being one shot by Thing. Collect purple, green, and yellow. Drop XDP's bombs, then Yancy Street Special away some of them. Use Hood's yellow to blow up some more. If you have enough red for Clobberin' Time, use that before Hood's yellow to negate the ended turn if there's only one opponent standing. Hood accelerates a team that usually is slow to get rolling. Make sure you use Hood's black before you use CDfW.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last season in the Sim
    icon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_loki.png
    Seems Patch/Loki + one other

This seasons as others have mentioned
    icon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_ironfist.png

Very fast offensive team, not bad on defence

Troll team (still)

icon_carnage.pngicon_vision.pngicon_kamalakhan.png

Perhaps a maxed Carnage and a 5 yellowflag.png KK would make this team even better.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last season in the Sim
    icon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_loki.png
    Seems Patch/Loki + one other
    This. You can take down some really big targets with this trio very quickly. If you're clever/fortunate enough to have Patch take the bigger hits, you can come through with nary a scratch. I've tried swapping in Daken for Magneto, but found that I missed the speed of Polarizing Force. It's not likely to frighten away a lot of people, but I get more defensive wins with Loki out there than any other dude.
  • Troll team (still)

icon_carnage.pngicon_vision.pngicon_kamalakhan.png

Perhaps a maxed Carnage and a 5 yellowflag.png KK would make this team even better.
    At first I didn't understand what's Vision doing in this trio but then I realized it has probably cheapest skills to break the havoc. Good finding. Too bad I don't have any of them in a playable condition yet.
  • icon_mystique.png Mystique icon_storm.png Mohawk icon_blackwidow.png GSBW
    Another winfinite good for oversized (PVE only) nodes. It takes time to start it up while it can take severe beating but once it gets rolling you're usually in the total control through the end.
    AP generation: blue -> purple -> green -> everything. Blue is less reliable so try to start the loop by getting enough purple or green. Use Mohawk's green over GSBW unless finishing up - you're heavily relying on AP generation, not on damage. Use Mohawk's black only if you happen to get enough black before getting into winfinite. Once you are looping it can be rather disruptive for you so you better use Mystique at that point when you have black surplus.
    I've been thinking about blue users that could replace Mysique. In theory those might be Doctor Doom or Ragnarok but I don't have them in a playable build so didn't have a chance to try.
    Edit: Kamala can be a good replacement for GSBW but again it's only a theory - mine is severely undercovered.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    can someone explain hulkbomb? it seems to be such an old concept, people just mention it by name. I can't find anything recent searching the forums for what it is exactly, and didn't want to start a new thread.

I get the impression it is at least Hulk and Daken. does the third member matter? does it matter if Daken is 2 or 3*? thanks in advance and an upvote for your troubles.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    can someone explain hulkbomb? it seems to be such an old concept, people just mention it by name. I can't find anything recent searching the forums for what it is exactly, and didn't want to start a new thread.

I get the impression it is at least Hulk and Daken. does the third member matter? does it matter if Daken is 2 or 3*? thanks in advance and an upvote for your troubles.
    actually hulk and 3* wolvering (patch). patch green give strikes to both teams. if you can throw hulk out front, his black at 5 covers will start processing every turn and creating lots of green, which you can just continue the cycle. it is not good for health packs because everyone on your team takes damage many times. third can almost be anyone, but if you get enough black for loki to flip the opponent's purple strikes into protects, the match goes pretty smoothly after that. i usually try to hulkbomb one pve node per clear to take damage and try and keep scaling in check. my essentials are starting to outscale my patch and hulk, who are still at 140.

i have not used hulkbombing near as much as others have/do, so others may add more info.
  • energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    my primary for DDQ, Galactus, Ultron, or open PVP, that hasn't been mentioned (that i saw):
    icon_squirrelgirl.png 3/5/5, icon_doctordoom.png 3/5/5, icon_cyclops.png 5/3/5

SG's yellowflag.png i never use
    SG's purpleflag.png will do an easy 2300 damage, but playing against anyone throwing out massive numbers of tiles (like mohawk storm... you can easily crank the damage to 5000)
    SG's greenflag.png does 1500 x4 if you can protect all four countdown tiles
    alternate: Patch Wolverine for green/red damage, tanking, and heals

Doom's blackflag.png works in a pinch if you don't have Cyclops' black up to strength yet
    Doom's blueflag.png cranks out a bunch of black to feed Cyclops
    Doom's purpleflag.png can do damage if you can keep people from placing **** on the trapped tiles, but it depends on what is needed at the moment (i've had games when i have 15 traps or only two)
    alternate: The Hood for AP stealing, Twin Pistols' damage, and countdown reduction for SG

Cyclops' redflag.png 4200 damage is easy to wield
    Cyclops' yellowflag.png generates red for matching or to get the black power's requirements met
    Cyclops' blackflag.png 5700 damage or 8100 damage if there are nine red tiles on the board
    alternate: Luke Cage for 5K+ damage from yellow, passive red protect, and black damage
  • VAHarleygirl
    VAHarleygirl Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've found my heavy hitter team is

icon_thor.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_doctordoom.png

They're fully covered, but at this time only Thor is max level. The other two are at 147.

Alternate for mid-level fights:

icon_lukecage.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_falcon.png

I have a lot of great-covered teams (although my icon_hood.png is lacking blue and icon_loki.png just got his first green), but concentrating ISO on only a few at a time after I have a good selection in the L100 range.
  • For 2 stars..

Ive been using this team for months now, ive tried other combinations but this one works for me the best.

Aeries
    Daken
    Magneto

Aeries green strike fuels dakens strike tiles. Grab every pink match to fuel magnetos 3x blue tile creation which fuels daken and magnetos blue specials. Rinse, repeat. Red matches can either be used towards magnetos 3 turn countdown or aeries slash which targets all enemies. In emergencies aeries sunder is pretty effective.

Not really a loop but I find it to be the best striking 2 star team.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    Storm icon_storm.png 5/3/5 + Magneto icon_magneto.png 3/5/5 + Loki icon_loki.png 3/5/5

Focus on greenflag.png , redflag.png , purpleflag.png then blueflag.png , blackflag.png , yellowflag.png

Ororo calls the storm and shakes the board again and again with green (nice AP generating), black as attack tiles generater and damaging at the end of the round, don't use yellow because Mags red is the better choice for TU's.
    Mags does more board shaking with his red, blue lands devastating blows against one foe, yellow for little axtra defense (if the board is filled to the rim with Storm's attack tiles and there are enemy special tiles, Mags overrides them with his yellow).
    Loki let the dice roll with his purple (best to use after Mags ged rid of TU's with his red for more color matching), black if it fits.

Tested this ones alot and no combo was more fun to play! Specially in wave battels they are unbeatable, if the board gives you the right matches (if not it takes a few turns more) you can go wild after a couples of turns and the enemy can only look without participating how they get destroyed one after another. Mags red and blue and Storm's black are sufficient enough to do mayor damage.

Some synergy combos here
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30692
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, I found a very fun team that certainly isn't the best out there... but it's a good PVE team and lets me use a couple characters that I would practically NEVER use otherwise:

icon_iceman.png + icon_starlord.png + icon_ragnarok.png

The team is built around the awesomeness of Iceman's Blue, with Star-Lord's yellow making accelerating and using the move uber-cheap.

Collect, yellow, pink, red, and blue...

Once you cast Star-Lord's Yellow, the move costs become:

6 purpleflag.png = 7 bluetile.png
    4 redflag.png = 4 bluetile.png
    4 blueflag.png = 4 Turn Stun OR ~8K Damage

...Once this happens, it's pretty much lights out. You can pretty quickly get to 30 blue AP, which lets you fire off SEVEN straight moves by Iceman. There's a good chance you will get to 30 before using up your red or purple AP, so you might even get to replenish it along the way.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just realized that Rocket and Groot and X-force Deadpool makes an awesome meat shield team for weak essential characters. Their covers complement each other perfectly (though they lack a yellow and black active), and they can both true heal away the damage they take.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I actually recently found myself using a particular 4*/3* mixed team with really good results.

Ant Man (5/3/5 or 5/5/3)
    Wolverine (Patch) (5/3/5)
    Mr. Fantastic (3/5/5)

Mr. Fantastic actually manages to do something in this one, being his Imaginaut lets him double up Wolverine's huge damage boosters. Wolverine makes about 1.1k in strike tiles, meaning imaginaut is generating an extra 2k damage every time you match a red/yellow/green. Stack with some Ants and you have some huge damage potential. Also his heal is adequate enough to where if the opponent wants to stop the damage flow Mr. Fantastic will function as an amazing tank (since he soaks blue/yellow/black).

Loses the stun, but honestly he is functioning as a tank and catalyst so Ant man will likely be using your blues.

To give some math, if you were to match a yellow after a Beserker Rage, you'd do 219 + 1044 = 1263 + (812 + 1044) = 1263 + 1856 = 3119 damage on average for a green/yellow/red match. Thats per match, by the by. Meaning if you cascade even a few of those, you'll be one-shotting basically anyone. Even if you don't cascade, you'll do more than your opponent can likely hope to deal back to you. Setting Mr. F in front will let him soak the damage, which he can heal in bulk later on.

Ant Man purple clogs and, by that merit, denies the opponent's purple strike tiles they get as a result of Beserker's rage. At 5 blue he also can steal away the opponent's strike tiles, adding them to your own. Helps crush enemy Luke Cage/IF teams by taking their constantly regenerating tiles. Makes a **** ton of tiles to feed Mr. F, only tanks purple meaning most of the time he'll be safe to prepare the set-up.

Wolverine pumps out the damage, tanks red and green (meaning his "Best there is" is still getting some beefy damage, though not as much), and heals though yellow. This means on defense the opponent is basically racing to knock the team down before it can get rolling in any kind of way, however focusing Wolverine is impractical since he is healing every turn, focusing Ant Man is impractical since the combination of Imaginaut (which adds 1k to every match on its own regardless) and beserker rage is dangerous to ignore for its low costs, and Mr. Fantastic isn't going to be focused because Ant Man and Wolverine will be feeding into him, and every special tile matched heals him for 1/3 of his total health.

Also, special tiles are going to be forming on black, blue, purple, green, red, and yellow. Meaning there is no color your opponent can safely match forever.

So yeah. icon_e_smile.gif
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    I am going to second icon_magneto.png , icon_ironfist.png & icon_blackpanther.png . At times the decision of which route to go, Mags or IF at the beginning of the match can be a little difficult, but once you know where you are going it is a great trio. It have used this to go through all of the nodes in the current Duck Hunt PvE. No wipes and no more than 2 health packs per clear so far (not counting essential nodes).
  • My personal fav team of 3* is hulk, Panther, and GSBW.
    If set properly hulk tanks Green/Red/Black
    Panther tanks Blue/Yellow
    Widow only Pink
    So many diff team damage possibilities: BP yellow with hulks anger does 1K each. Add in the ramp to GSBW green or getting BP black and it's unstoppable in the cover round of DDQ. You can also swap widow with KK
  • Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been trying out the icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.png (grey suit. not sure I got the right icon) icon_hulk.png team.

It can take a while to get going, but I like how BW helps build green while you build up red. Once red is activated and green is plentiful, it does huge damage, and I don't even have Hulk at 13 covers yet.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Partyof5 wrote:
    I've been trying out the icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.png (grey suit. not sure I got the right icon) icon_hulk.png team.

It can take a while to get going, but I like how BW helps build green while you build up red. Once red is activated and green is plentiful, it does huge damage, and I don't even have Hulk at 13 covers yet.
    To me it seems like it would be better to have Black Widow and her Sniper Rifle use the green AP, but if you don't have 5 green covers yet I can maybe see letting Hulk use it instead.
    I rarely if ever use Smash while I have excess green AP, so I can't say how effective it is.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Partyof5 wrote:

To me it seems like it would be better to have Black Widow and her Sniper Rifle use the green AP, but if you don't have 5 green covers yet I can maybe see letting Hulk use it instead.
    I rarely if ever use Smash while I have excess green AP, so I can't say how effective it is.
    Depends on your covering. If you're using this idea solely to get a huge chunk of green stored up, or if you happen to have it go that way, then...

At 30 green...
    You Smash with Hulk. Provided the board is accommodating, You'll be dealing in the ballpark of about 10k to a single target.
    Then with the other 20 green AP, you spit a sniper rifle in their face dealing about 10k spread across the enemy team.