Glad I don't have that ability!

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magisse wrote:
    Back to the OP, a better solution than purposely not keeping covers would be a mechanism to partially control your team in the AI's hands on defense. Obviously we can't have huge control, but it shouldn't be impossible to say "*You* don't use *this* power!". Turning off passives might be less reasonable, but why can't we sleep active ones?
    personally I prefer the way it is. that would make some pvp matches more difficult given the current AI that we are all accustomed to. that higher difficulty would result in a dissatisfaction from the playerbase that would not be beneficial to the game or the forums. i.e. even more whining here on the forums. the way it is the AI is predictably kinda dumb and lets some of the players swing well above their weight and that's how I like it. I can still take down fistbuster teams with 166s because the AI sometimes chooses gsbw red over imhb red. that's ok with me.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Through circumstances I have ended up with a 5/0/5 Carnage, and to be honest, he is pretty unremarkable and close to worthless like that. Annoying as it can be, you need his black.

I kind of wish I hadn't put 3 covers into IM40's yellow. Then again, I never, ever use him outside of Heavy Metal events anyway.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Magisse wrote:
    Back to the OP, a better solution than purposely not keeping covers would be a mechanism to partially control your team in the AI's hands on defense. Obviously we can't have huge control, but it shouldn't be impossible to say "*You* don't use *this* power!". Turning off passives might be less reasonable, but why can't we sleep active ones?

I agree, but I also kind of like the dynamic of having a lower max level cap on intentionally stunted characters.

Of course, if they wouldn't make some powers total garbage, we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Through circumstances I have ended up with a 5/0/5 Carnage, and to be honest, he is pretty unremarkable and close to worthless like that. Annoying as it can be, you need his black.

I kind of wish I hadn't put 3 covers into IM40's yellow. Then again, I never, ever use him outside of Heavy Metal events anyway.
    I have Carnage as 5,0,5 becuase I have not earned the black cover yet so I run him when buffed with storm and Daken. His green is then surprisingly strong and his red does a lot of damage. Definatly not a good defensive team, but when I get him black covers then I will pair him with blade and Doc Ock. With just 1 black this will put a ton of attack tiles on the board for his green to fire.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    For me, it will be 2* Daken back when I just start using him and I have him cover at no black at all which is good as he won't be minus health every turn when I don't have enough blue tiles on board and he can match blue tile freely and using blue without caring a thing.

ANd also Vision during his PVP a week ago, where I have him covered at 4/3/0, thus AI wont keep using his yellow.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX wrote:
    For me, it will be 2* Daken back when I just start using him and I have him cover at no black at all which is good as he won't be minus health every turn when I don't have enough blue tiles on board and he can match blue tile freely and using blue without caring a thing.

ANd also Vision during his PVP a week ago, where I have him covered at 4/3/0, thus AI wont keep using his yellow.
    yes, I feel for all the 1 and 2 black cover dakens out there when his pvps roll around. that has to suck to have a healer that is supposed to save you health packs basically requiring one nearly every match.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    In this same vein, I feel badly for people who have a maxed PX. If that were me, I would be looking for the level down button.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    It's not a full ability example, but the third starlord red I just got from pve is a horrible upgrade. An extra turn on my countdown just to increase the cost of abilities in one extra color? No thank you.