What you all think?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I finished top 50 every round I went for on average. The tougher teams slow me down and I'm not cranking out wins like I can with my villains. But it's all about being fun in the long term I like them mixing things up and making it a hero lighting round. Maybe in the future the lightning rounds will change once more cards are added. Welcomed change overall.
  • kensterr wrote:
    Gonna ask a stupid question here - do you guys use health packs only when you lose, or when your hitpoints are low after a win?
    Spider-Man is buffed in these. What health packs?

More generally, if I'm trying to push rating without support health packs go to dead characters and characters I'm sure will be dead too soon for me to win the next match. They're superheroes, they can take it.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm sadly not using the full potential of my spider-man. I'm too scared to fully level him up with the impending nerf.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Gonna ask a stupid question here - do you guys use health packs only when you lose, or when your hitpoints are low after a win?
    Spider-Man is buffed in these. What health packs?

More generally, if I'm trying to push rating without support health packs go to dead characters and characters I'm sure will be dead too soon for me to win the next match. They're superheroes, they can take it.

Me friendly neighbourhood Spidey is 0/1/1. So if I want to heal my heroes I have to go through the tedious task of healing through OBW in the Prologue... which depends entirely on whether I get enough blue tile matches. If not I have to keep repeating that mission over and over again. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I liked the change of pace for LRs, but I just don't understand why 4-5 characters are buffed at a time.
  • I liked the change of pace for LRs, but I just don't understand why 4-5 characters are buffed at a time.

You're not alone with that.
    It's the same as the villain LRs. They're all buffed for all of them, it's just most people don't have many covers for a majority of them so you don't see as many triple buffed teams.
  • What you all think of the new lightning rounds now they are nearly over? Honestly i think a shake up was needed and was refreshing to be able to use a few different characters. And more importantly i seem to have done the best i ever had in the rounds despite my highest character BEEN a 70 Wolvie. So far i have finished 1st twice and been in the top 5 twice and the top 25 the rest of the times. So far my upgrades have been

Wolvie 70 to 76

Got a hulk cover and he went from 25 to 38

OBW cover went from 24 to 48

Spidey cover went from 15 to 18....ummm yay???

Been able to farm nearly 3000 iso each round i enter so this has been the best day ever lol

what do you all think and whats your best reward???

I find it discouraging as a 80+ day player that the roster above can win tournaments and I can't even break 25, fielding an almost complete lvl 100 team. I know MMR. I haven't taken ever, so I assume it's pretty high. Not high enough to get pwned by TheLadder and Nemek but high enough to face multiple lvl 100+ teams. So now I have to tank in order to be competitive? It has to be through lightning rounds, otherwise the change would be too slow. Anyway I did like the change of pace, but I didn't win anything of note, just another hawkeye and storm cover, and very little iso. Congrats on the good middle tier players who can now compete with me thanks to all the wins! yay! icon_e_smile.gif
  • I haven't bothered trying in the new LRs since I only need one cover out of the selection available (GSBW green). There is a handful of other covers I need but IM40 isn't in my roster in the forseeable future due to a lack of Iso 8s. I can probably be competitive if I want to but see no reason to waste time on covers I don't need when other people can use it. It probably doesn't help that this batch of LR happened as Heroic Oscorp was going on and two guys are within striking distance so I really don't want to get bogged down on something else.
    It's the same as the villain LRs. They're all buffed for all of them, it's just most people don't have many covers for a majority of them so you don't see as many triple buffed teams.

Really? I must not have noticed. Though you are right, my villain roster is rather limited. None of them have enough covers to be functional yet.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    You must have a ridiculously low MMR.

Didnt face anyone more than level 50.....cant quite believe it..... and was only attacked 3 times ALL DAY....... just one of those days i think icon_e_smile.gif

That's impressive, in the LR last night that ran from 12:00 to 1:30am I got my points up to around 150, I was attacked over 20 times, by the end of the round I had 24 points. I was getting lit up last night. Thanks to that LR, I now have zero interest in breaking my shields for The Best There Is.